Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton i360 construction update.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And yet another default in payments ..... I'm sure TLO will be on soon to suggest we were all scaremongering at the incompetence of the councillors that voted for the loan.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And yet another default in payments ..... I'm sure TLO will be on soon to suggest we were all scaremongering at the incompetence of the councillors that voted for the loan.

Yes total incompetence by our council officers, cough! Geoff Raw and his cough! partners in crime, who devised the plan for the loan against the council tax payer. The i360 was overwhelmingly more important to themselves personally than developing the King Alfred into a state of the art leisure centre which would be of benefit to the community.

This i360 project was supposed to draw more people into the city when all it does is give the people who would have come here anyway something different to do for 1/2 hour.

This council is a joke and it runs deeper than the parties being voted in and out of it because while they come and go, the constant force remains.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yes total incompetence by our council officers, cough! Geoff Raw and his cough! partners in crime, who devised the plan for the loan against the council tax payer. The i360 was overwhelmingly more important to themselves personally than developing the King Alfred into a state of the art leisure centre which would be of benefit to the community.

This i360 project was supposed to draw more people into the city when all it does is give the people who would have come here anyway something different to do for 1/2 hour.

This council is a joke and it runs deeper than the parties being voted in and out of it because while they come and go, the constant force remains.

I've just re-read the whole thread ..... there's quite a number of people with egg on their face !!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

There seems to be this mad urge to majorly disfigure the seafront with overpriced crap like the i360, that dismal zipwire thing and before those the Brighton Eye, where the view and general experience was so lame that you got to go round three times. The council don't seem to realise what draws people to Brighton. First-timers want to see and be seen at the Pavilion and the Pier. Hen and stag parties want the bars, the clubs and the Pier. And everybody loves a beach. Even our beach. Few takers IMHO for overpriced lame attractions when you can get all the good stuff for free.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There seems to be this mad urge to majorly disfigure the seafront with overpriced crap like the i360, that dismal zipwire thing and before those the Brighton Eye, where the view and general experience was so lame that you got to go round three times. The council don't seem to realise what draws people to Brighton. First-timers want to see and be seen at the Pavilion and the Pier. Hen and stag parties want the bars, the clubs and the Pier. And everybody loves a beach. Even our beach. Few takers IMHO for overpriced lame attractions when you can get all the good stuff for free.

And the majority of visitors and residents would like to see a city that's not overrun with homeless people and covered with graffiti, both problems which could have been addressed with a small percentage of the money wasted on the i360 eyesore.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Indeed. Went down to the beach behind Hove Lagoon yesterday evening .... beautiful, calming place and for free ..... no need for stupid expensive erections.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What is really interesting though is that I am fairly sure that to take it down would be more expensive than erecting it. I don't think that the building method worked backwards would be possible because the cans would have welded themselves together under the pressure of the weight. It will probably last longer than Brighton will, a bit like the Statue of Liberty at the end of the Planet of the Apes film.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got residents pass? This offer may appeal

Screenshot_20190815-123454.png

Send email to hello@britishairwaysi360.com

Morning after Saints match - wear the stripes :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here