Brighton & Hove Albion WONDER Goals

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

corkster

Apr 26, 2007
on the streets
Yep, that 50 yard free kick against Ipswich where he took it from the centre circle and it bent so much on its way in it nearly went out for a throw in. And I believe it was in the 14th minute of injury time.

stood in the north stand that day thinking f*** me dont let pussy wilkins take it.............how wrong i was

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mark (I'm sure I never played for Brighton) Lawrenson against Wolves at The Goldstone. Picked the ball up in our own penalty area, beat the entire Wolves team on his own taking the ball up the other end and scored.

And Stuart Munday did NOT mean that goal at Leicester. Mis hit cross.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
John Crumplin Vs Burnley on Boxing Day - 1992 I think it was.

Cut in from the right wing on his LEFT! foot and crashed a shot in off the bar from 20-odd yards. It was funny as it was wonderful because it was the original Football Genius that did it.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I never saw Wardy play, but dont every seem to recall watching us score a goal after a mazy dribble in recent times... possibly Charlie Oatway against Blackpool at home?
Matt Richards

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Willie Irvine goal of the season 1971

Runner up and it was a cross anyway.

My favourite was when Peter Sayer took a knock down from Teddy Maybank and volleyed the ball from about 25 yards. However, for shere excitment I would say the tap in well into ijury time by Eric Potts against Sunderland was my best moment. Sunderland had scored early on, run the match and should have had a couple more. Potts came on in the 90th minute and yet managed to not only score an equaliser but then he scored the winner. Neither were classics but for shere pandamonium I can rarely remember better.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
So many to choose from. Wilkins free kick or Reinhelts goals were by far the most important goals for me but as for best goal I would have to go for Stuart Mundays goal as it was just such a great strike whether he meant it or not.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
John Crumplin Vs Burnley on Boxing Day - 1992 I think it was.

Cut in from the right wing on his LEFT! foot and crashed a shot in off the bar from 20-odd yards. It was funny as it was wonderful because it was the original Football Genius that did it.

How very true. Everything touch of brilliance that the Football Genius treated us to had an extra je ne sais quoi simply by virtue of it being created by him. My favourite would have to be scoring from a corner while sitting on his arse (Cambridge?).

Oct 25, 2003
richard carpenter did a right THUNDERCUNT away at sheff wed i remember

plus CK-CKR did some right flario's

that boy had the skills to pay the bills

Another vote for Nelson, collected the ball in the car park behind our goal, beat 17 players, 4 of them three times and hit a screamer from 58 yards.

Although I fondly remember Wilkins' free kick as well.

I clearly remember that one - v one of the Bristol Clubs on a very muddy pitch, hit it from just by the cafe in Hove Park I recall.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Gary Williams against Forest at The Goldstone and Teddy Maybank free kick at Luton. Both great. Narrow favourite was the drunken scousers effort against Forest.

Goodchild63

Nov 19, 2007
Goring-By-Sea
Kit Napier against Bournemouth Boxing day 1971.Great diving header into the south goal.Lots of trouble before during and after the game. The Bournemouth fans who travelled down in coaches felt the cold a bit on their way home.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dean Cox's disallowed own goal, at Withdean, the year before last, from the halfway line in front of the North Stand. Trying to stop it going out for a throw [luckily he failed] he hooked it back over his shoulder, and 45 yards over the keeper's head into the top corner.

Would have been the best OG in the HISTORY of world soccerball.

Again -sadly doesn't seem to be footage.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mark (I'm sure I never played for Brighton) Lawrenson against Wolves at The Goldstone. Picked the ball up in our own penalty area, beat the entire Wolves team on his own taking the ball up the other end and scored.
That's probably my favourite as well. Plus Gerry Ryan's solo goal against Man City. That was on TV, although they change the camera angle half way through so you can't really appreciate what a brilliant mazy dribble it was.

Anybody got a copy of that? (Goldstone Rapper?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports