Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No ****ing about for 10 minutes after half time, we have to change this now:

Duffy, Gross and Mooy off;

Webster, Alzate and Maupay on.

Not a bad idea. We've missed Webster today, not to mention Alzate's ability on the ball and Maupay's work rate and pace.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm not one tor strong reactions, especially mid match, but that first half was absolutely brutal.

Pröpper the worst of the bunch, but really a mess of calamitous individual performances, constant mistakes and astonishing negativity from our midfield three.

Groß, Pröpper and Mooy have been absolutely dire.

That negativity has been there for 3 seasons though.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just seen it again - he was pushed, could easily have been given as a pen - everyone else says it wasn’t!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maupay and Alzate to come on surely. Half time? Potter seemed encouraged at the end of the half so doubt it. Do it at half time Potter. Gross, Mooy and March really poor. We're so slow and ponderous. Just think if Stephens was fit he'd proabably play instead of Trossard. Imagine the trickery and guile in that team. Need Alzate and Maupay imo. Not as bad as Villa or Bournemouth but not great.

Yep, you have picked out the three worst players without a doubt. Schelotto looks like he has twice the heart of any of them even if he isn’t having a great game

I see the usual suspect doom merchants are out in force on this thread, let’s see if they’re still here at the end if we turn this around

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Mooy, second costly interception after Villa game. He looked a different player when on loan. Signs contract and now looks wooden.

Gross is garbage today. When we press them he just jogs towards a Watford player, no desire and has offered zilch.

Duffy has made a couple of silly ones, looks better in a back 4 and should've at least fouled Doucoure.

Trossard not doing enough.

Solly doing ok but needs to move ball quicker.

Pearson looks like the old master Vs a young upstart whose trying to wing it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ryan looking increasingly like the bastar* son of Nicky Rust.

Is it his positioning ? Why do they fly in time after time?

Not that he had much of a defence in front of him, I know

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
As I said last week, a season defining 45 minutes coming up

Trossard too isolated and not involved.

Too many passes in the build up, we need to get to either March or Trossard on the first ball before Watford adjust and then run at them

Pissing about at the back again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Don’t think we have the necessary quality in the squad. Who do you look to to prove that spark or bit of quality when the rest of the team is under performing?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9238396]Webster totally exposed again by Doucoure for their goal.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Duffy looking like an amateur. Yeah embarrassing

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't think propper was the issue, burn not up to speed, always passing back rather than making an effort, gross? didn't realise he was playing and too much put on the shoulders of the mooy. We need to kick somebody to let them know we're there. Watford are now going to sit deep so this isn't the game to lump it to Murray.
Cross it by all means, but get some bodies in the box for christs sake

If I could be arsed (like I was getting paid on TV) I would do an analysis showing exactly what I mean. Twice Schelotto has lost the ball deep with aimless passes because Pröpper is jogging side to side and not getting free of Doucoure and Hughes, who have bullied us.

Another time Trossard is away on the left, cuts inside and has Murray in the box, Solly on the far touchline and literally 40 yards of grass empty back to Mooy, Pröpper and Groß jogging past the half way line. No commitment, no sense of direction. Awful display.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Stats don’t lie two wins in 15 games, failing to beat teams below us, failing to win at home to easier teams early season has done this team in

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9238396 said:
Webster totally exposed again by Doucoure for their goal.

Didn't get anywhere near him. Scared of the physical battle with Deeney too, so spent the half hiding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports