Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford *** Official Match Thread ***

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
To take the shot, he would have to lower his body.

We will have to agree to disagree my friend.

Can't see the reasoning for playing Murray and Groß in this system. This system only works with pace up front, especially when the opposition are putting 11 men behind the ball when out of possession. Would bring Connolly, Maupay and Alzate on at HT for Groß, Murray and Schelotto myself

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Disappointing first half. Positive that despite how slow and po serous we have been, we are only 1 down. Chance to turn this around in the second half.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Other than being weak at the back, losing the ball in midfield and failing to get shots on target, doing OK

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wow that was absolutely pitiful ..... 3 games in a row we've looked a complete mess.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Potter.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
There’s no pace.

Watford are just getting 11 behind the ball and we are the not decisive or quick enough to break them down.

And our defending for their goal was beyond awful. Good finish but we just stood off and let him shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It bears no relation to how shit we were but feck me Kevin Friend really HATES us doesn’t he. Never a booking for Schelotto and a definite booking for Hughes

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Not me. I’ve not once said that. Those people are wrong in my opinion as this game has proven, Duffy has been shocking so far and we are massively missing Webster’s ability on the ball and to start attacks.

The sad reality is Webster is no where near good enough on current form and unfortunately it looks like Duffy isn’t either. Gross and Mooy have been terrible. Trossard has barely seen the ball and Schelotto shouldn’t even be a footballer. Again for me the lack of really good signings early in the transfer window, particularly a striker, has killed us.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Get schellotto off now for gods sake !!!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Maupay and Alzate to come on surely. Half time? Potter seemed encouraged at the end of the half so doubt it. Do it at half time Potter. Gross, Mooy and March really poor. We're so slow and ponderous. Just think if Stephens was fit he'd proabably play instead of Trossard. Imagine the trickery and guile in that team. Need Alzate and Maupay imo. Not as bad as Villa or Bournemouth but not great.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm not one tor strong reactions, especially mid match, but that first half was absolutely brutal.

Pröpper the worst of the bunch, but really a mess of calamitous individual performances, constant mistakes and astonishing negativity from our midfield three.

Groß, Pröpper and Mooy have been absolutely dire.

I don't think propper was the issue, burn not up to speed, always passing back rather than making an effort, gross? didn't realise he was playing and too much put on the shoulders of the mooy. We need to kick somebody to let them know we're there. Watford are now going to sit deep so this isn't the game to lump it to Murray.
Cross it by all means, but get some bodies in the box for christs sake

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
There’s no pace.

Watford are just getting 11 behind the ball and we are the not decisive or quick enough to break them down.

And our defending for their goal was beyond awful. Good finish but we just stood off and let him shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been this way for a while.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Played well first 20 - poor after - it’s purely confidence. Watford are Shiiiiite too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here