[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
That was awful from both sides and the ref. At least we just had an off day, spurs play that boring every week!
How the ref can get duped with so many dives is beyond me.
Painful to watch that was. We were poor all over the pitch, stupid mistakes at the back with all the dicking about, Caicedo definitely should've come off, Trossard was pretty much absent throughout, subs were too late.
Mitoma looked a handful when he came on and a couple of decent saves from Sanchez, but that's about it.
Bad day at the office, it was bound to happen sooner or later, just hope we bounce back quickly as we have a lot of games coming up.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Scoring is what makes the differenxce though.
If we had scored first, do you honestly think that they would have failed to have a shot on target in the second half?

Yeah, fair point. I still don't think they were great though - a lot of mis-placed passes by them too and a bit of luck at times. Very solid though

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think it was a bit of a mix really. Positives and negatives, we looked really good in parts of the game and played some nice stuff, we were unlucky not to get a goal. In other parts we gave the ball away a lot and had too many players not performing well.

It’s still early days with De Zerbi though, there will be games like this, especially when you are playing against decent opposition, which Spurs are. The only complaint I’d have is when it became kind of clear it wasn’t working, De Zerbi didn’t really change much until very late on, but again, he maybe still needs to get to the know the players and that might make a difference.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Possibly one of Dunk’s best ever games for the Albion. He was superb, apart from one moment when he was turned by Kane.
Spurs have invested hugely in their team and were massively up for the game due to the death of their fitness coach. They were very determined and worked extremely hard.
I’m not sure that Caicedo was fully fit. He seemed slightly off it today.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was awful from both sides and the ref. At least we just had an off day, spurs play that boring every week!
How the ref can get duped with so many dives is beyond me.
Painful to watch that was. We were poor all over the pitch, stupid mistakes at the back with all the dicking about, Caicedo definitely should've come off, Trossard was pretty much absent throughout, subs were too late.
Mitoma looked a handful when he came on and a couple of decent saves from Sanchez, but that's about it.
Bad day at the office, it was bound to happen sooner or later, just hope we bounce back quickly as we have a lot of games coming up.

Yes.

They’re boring their way to top 4 and zero trophies …. again. But for them it’s all about the money.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Biggest concern when you lose a manager you wanted to keep is that the team will capitulate. The Liverpool and Spurs results are probably identical to what Potter would have managed, so I actually find tonight very uplifting and reassuring that De Zerbi’s Albion can continue where Graham left off with no major downturn in form.

Good post.

I saw quite a lot of drilled De Zerbi football. This was quite different from the Leicester game. That change is going to take a while to come to full fruition but you could argue we did enough for a draw today.

Once Roberto has really got under the bonnet of this team, we’ll be fine. These transitions games are tough, especially when you are playing the Big Six but I’m reasonably happy with the signs of things to come.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This was always going to be a toughie ... with the death in the Spurs camp serving as ample motivation, a manager/coach from the top, top drawer in the proverbial tactical dressing table... who has had joy against Roberto nearly every time they’ve met... Kane hasn’t had a great time against us on the whole, so that goal was due... they set up to smother our ability to play through the lines, whilst showing us respect - which is a good thing remember... alas we had one of those snatchy scratchy half chance fests and couldn’t quite get clear... a proper traditional Italian job, physical, defensive with a sprinkling of final third quality, Conte will be delighted.

The dice were loaded tonight, it was a perfect storm of a defeat.

I await the Brentford game with interest, as they’ll fly out against us leaving those gaps we love to exploit.

There’s a long, long way to go, we stay up - I’ll be satisfied, as ever.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Biggest concern when you lose a manager you wanted to keep is that the team will capitulate. The Liverpool and Spurs results are probably identical to what Potter would have managed, so I actually find tonight very uplifting and reassuring that De Zerbi’s Albion can continue where Graham left off with no major downturn in form.

I feel the same. Very interesting split in opinions tonight! So hard to score against a team playing like spurs did. The top teams often find it hard against relegation stragglers, let alone when it's against a mega money team

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Wow. What a frustrating evening made worse by the fact that Tottenham really aren't great, but we didn't play our usual game.

Stadium flat from the start, usual players who you get on the ball either missing or making loads of mistakes. Lots of poor passing, and disconnected pressing.

I don't know if it's a feature of the new manager adjustments or just a natural thing but that 3 of Mac, Caicedo and Gross just seems hit disconnected from each other.

We got forward plenty of times but the neverending faffing on the edge of the box rather than getting a shot off is beyond infuriating.

As is the 3 yard passing in front of the keeper when it's patently obvious the opposition has figured out how to deal with it.

Don't mind losing to a top four club, but they should be forced to break sweat or be brilliant at some point.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I thought they always had us at arms length, coupled with misplaced passes throughout which didn’t help. Probably due to them having an extra man in the middle of the park that they could continuously close mac and caicedo which scuppered our fluidity. Spurs are a good side and we move on to Brentford

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just the game we needed before our next two, We can use more of our squad before the game on the 29th.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
spurs supporting mate said much the same was disappointed at their performance

I suggest he should use common sense given the loss of one of the coaches this week

Conte was in tears pre/post game and Kane was in tears after it and the rest of the squad clearly upset.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I thought we were worth a draw BUT that first 20 mins was awful and I just felt spurs always had a goal in them all game. We need our centre forward/striker to score. It would help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports