Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Tottenham

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 8th October 2022
Kick-off: 17:30 BST
Referee: Tony Harrington
Assistants: Lee Betts, Marc Perry
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Additional VAR: Wade Smith

TEAM NEWS

Brighton head coach Roberto De Zerbi is confident Moises Caicedo will be fit despite the midfielder missing training on Thursday with an undisclosed issue.

Enock Mwepu remains absent, having fallen ill while on international duty with Zambia late last month.

Tottenham defender Emerson Royal is suspended as a consequence of his red card against Arsenal.

Dejan Kulusevski is likely to miss out again with a thigh injury sustained on international duty.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton have won two of the past three Premier League meetings, one more than in their first seven encounters in the division.
    [*=left]Albion can win back-to-back games against Spurs for the first time in competitive matches.
    [*=left]However, Spurs won this fixture 2-0 in March and are looking for consecutive top-flight away victories against Brighton for the first time since a run of three between 1980 and 1982.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have lost just once in 12 Premier League matches, winning seven and drawing four.
    [*=left]They can equal the club top-flight record of eight successive home games unbeaten, set from September to December 1981.
    [*=left]The Seagulls are one short of 100 top-flight victories.
    [*=left]Roberto De Zerbi can become the first Brighton & Hove Albion manager to win his opening Premier League home fixture in charge of the club.
    [*=left]Albion have the same record this season as they did after seven games of 2021-22, with four wins and 14 points. Their fifth win last season didn't come until Boxing Day.
    [*=left]Brighton have the joint-second best defensive record in the division this season, conceding eight goals.
Tottenham

• [*=left]Tottenham's 13-match unbeaten Premier League streak ended with a 3-1 defeat at Arsenal last weekend. They've not lost consecutive away league games since September 2021.
    [*=left]This is their ninth league fixture of the season but only their second outside of London. The other was a 2-0 victory at Nottingham Forest, their only league away win so far.
    [*=left]Spurs have faced 127 shots in their eight league matches - the average of 15.9 per game is their highest in a season since such data was first recorded in 2003-04.
    [*=left]Harry Kane has scored eight goals in 10 appearances for Spurs versus Brighton in all competitions.
    [*=left]Son Heung-min has gone nine games without scoring against Brighton in all competitions.

Roberto De Zerbi's Tottenham Press Conference

[tweet]https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1578769687105544192[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1578769687105544192

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Reality has to catch up with us sometime and I have a feeling it will be today. Spurs won down here before and they have the players to do us harm. Much as I would like to see a win, I will be delighted if we don’t lose.
It will be interesting if Bissouma comes on……
But of course we support whatever the score :albion2:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If we don't fall for the antics of Kane and the childness of Richarlison, I'll be happy for a draw.

A win would be nice for us up here in Snowshill

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Looking forward to the return to the Amex after a month away even though travel is going to be a pain. 3 points would be good but Kane and Richarlison are going to be a handful

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Confined to home today as I have covid, boo.

I’ll be cheering from the sofa.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I’m concerned that I’ll get cold at the Amex tonight. At the start of the season I was in sunnier climes and wore shorts and a t-shirt to watch our opening win at Old Trafford on TV. I wore the exact same shorts and t-shirt (and underwear if you’re interested) for the next 2 games and consequently decided this must be my lucky football uniform.

So when I returned home from holiday, I continued to wear the exact same outfit every time we played. I forgot to do so for the Fulham game, hence reinforcing my opinion that this is, indeed, a lucky outfit.

Therefore, I feel compelled to wear the same shorts and t-shirt (and underwear) to the game later today. I’m almost hoping that we lose so I can discontinue this ridiculous farce, but on the other hand, I’m happy to risk hypothermia through the winter if it means we go undefeated for the rest of the season!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Going to be a bit odd not seeing GP in the home dugout (even odder at the end of the month) …two Italian managers ..I expect Spurs to sit back which doesn’t suit us and it won’t suit them if we do similarly …seems an eternity since the Leicester game…excited!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m concerned that I’ll get cold at the Amex tonight. At the start of the season I was in sunnier climes and wore shorts and a t-shirt to watch our opening win at Old Trafford on TV. I wore the exact same shorts and t-shirt (and underwear if you’re interested) for the next 2 games and consequently decided this must be my lucky football uniform.

So when I returned home from holiday, I continued to wear the exact same outfit every time we played. I forgot to do so for the Fulham game, hence reinforcing my opinion that this is, indeed, a lucky outfit.

Therefore, I feel compelled to wear the same shorts and t-shirt (and underwear) to the game later today. I’m almost hoping that we lose so I can discontinue this ridiculous farce, but on the other hand, I’m happy to risk hypothermia through the winter if it means we go undefeated for the rest of the season!

Havnt worn anything but shorts (and t shirts) for six months…..sorry but it’s back to jeans for this evening

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here