Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I’m sorry... I do not mean to toot our own horn... but that was the best performance of the season. Controlled the game for 90 minutes & took our chances. Absolutely smashed it

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Best performance of the season. Controlled the game and got the goals for once at home. For the first time feeling pretty sure we will stay up.

Newcastle really are shit. I’d be very worried if I supported them. No way they beat Fulham last game of the season on this form.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
6 points clear of the drop zone.
Considerably better goal difference.
Game in hand.

All of these are good things. However, possibly the thing that makes me feel most encouraged about our chances of staying up is the fact that one of the teams below us is Newcastle. That really was a lamentable performance. With a tough run of fixtures to come the only real option they have to significantly shake things up is to sack Bruce. If that doesn’t happen, they look doomed.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
41E2FE76-2311-48B2-A4F3-5658D7FF7579.jpeg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can we play you every week!?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Wowza all i can say

When you want to play with the ball as Potter does, it's infectious he is a very good coach and can progress and has progressed the Albion in style and ability.

I am loving his style.

Well done to all the effort put in by the lads.

Over to you Southgate!

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
So ****ing happy for Maups, Tross & Welbz, nice one GP. No one still thinks we’re going down do they? I feel for Hayden (hope not too serious) & Newcastle fans, they were atrocious.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don’t know how many touches Lallana got tonight but he really did run the show, at his own pace too. He is a wonderful footballer. I hope he continues to stay fit for us. A joy to watch. And to think he hardly played for 5 years.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well that was fantastic.

The measure of it was that neither me or my son could pick a MotM. Such a good team performance. I know Welbeck got it on Sky and he was certainly up there but Biss pulled out two magnificent tackles and was always there to break up and receive, Moder got in a huge amount of work, Trossard looks a new player, Maupay, instead of making an easy finish look difficult, made a difficult finish look easy, Gross creative throughout. But I really do think the big difference is a fully 90 mins fit Lallana. Still a great string puller at this level.

That said Newcastle were ****ing pathetic. They look completely beaten in every respect. Hopefully now just them and Fulham duking it out for relegation with, perhaps, Saints looking nervously over their shoulders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here