Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Everton. Other than that no one I can think of.
Weirdly enough one game we certainly did not turn up was the defeat to West Brom who had better stats that day, i wouldn't say we were outclassed but we did not deserve to win.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More good news on a Sunday morning. SSN have a breaking news banner: "Newcastle owner Mike Ashley intending to stick with Steve Bruce as manager" :thumbsup:

Ashley will too tight to sack him, best news we could hope for. Fulham will be hopeful now

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
One thing to be thankful for is we haven't wasted 40m on Joe Linton who put in one of the poorest CF performances I think I've seen. He never chased down the ball and just strolled around. I know ours have their deficiencies but total lack of effort isn't one of them

D

Deleted member 2719

Have you come to the way of thought that showing passion on the touchline, as Nathan Jones did is not the be all & end all?
Potter definitely has the players maximizing their ability and team work has started to pay dividends. Since the very unlucky United (hit woodwork 5 times) match we have rarely been outclassed, maybe Leicester.

I know your having a joke mate. I have never said you have to show passion externally as internal passion can come across too.

Why have have you got it in for Jones? because I like him?

It can not be because of his passion he shows or you would never have idolised Fergie.:lolol:

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2021-03-21-14-31-12.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2021-03-21-14-31-12.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 140

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Massive result - and an opportunity to put the pedal to the metal for the last few games and end the season on a high.

Don't blow what has been built up over the past two games by slipping back into the situation a couple of games ago of throwing away points when they were there for the taking.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I know your having a joke mate. I have never said you have to show passion externally as internal passion can come across too.

Why have have you got it in for Jones? because I like him?

It can not be because of his passion he shows or you would never have idolised Fergie.:lolol:

No not got it in for Jones because of his passion, i quite like that, like you say Fergie all time great in my eyes but i never really seen the talent in Nathan Jones as a manager, only an opinion, i know Luton fans rate him (if they dont maybe they should) Potter is the polar opposite to Jones and i like him. I was certainly in the Hughton in camp but i was extremely pleased when Potter was appointed, he is not your usual candidate on the boring merry go round........Bruce, Hughes, Big Sam ect ect ect.
There have been times when i was not sure about Potter, he has some far out remedies to some of our problems but we should stick with him as he has done well with the talent at his disposal. If we stay up next season will really show if he is the real deal with exciting untried talent coming through the ranks. Auful thing is if we do better next year and i believe we will, the bigger clubs may be willing to take a punt on him. Maybe then we will give Nathan Jones a call :thumbsup::lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

No not got it in for Jones because of his passion, i quite like that, like you say Fergie all time great in my eyes but i never really seen the talent in Nathan Jones as a manager, only an opinion, i know Luton fans rate him (if they dont maybe they should) Potter is the polar opposite to Jones and i like him. I was certainly in the Hughton in camp but i was extremely pleased when Potter was appointed, he is not your usual candidate on the boring merry go round........Bruce, Hughes, Big Sam ect ect ect.
There have been times when i was not sure about Potter, he has some far out remedies to some of our problems but we should stick with him as he has done well with the talent at his disposal. If we stay up next season will really show if he is the real deal with exciting untried talent coming through the ranks. Auful thing is if we do better next year and i believe we will, the bigger clubs may be willing to take a punt on him. Maybe then we will give Nathan Jones a call :thumbsup::lolol:
Calling Jones a polar opposite to Potter is not really true as Jones is proactive, just like Potter.

If you were referring to me thinking Hughton was boring, I was referring to the whole picture playing style and character.
Good luck to him at Forrest I hope they enjoy that type of football.

On the managerial front Jonesy has kicked Hughtons arse with 4 points of the 6, and Hughton managed to strengthen in 3 key areas with Murray, knockart and Bong all top championship and lower premier players with good experience.

Back to yesterdays game, aren't we great at playing football, in all my years, I have never seen a squad of Brighton players who are so comfortable.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Calling Jones a polar opposite to Potter is not really true as Jones is proactive, just like Potter.

If you were referring to me thinking Hughton was boring, I was referring to the whole picture playing style and character.
Good luck to him at Forrest I hope they enjoy that type of football.

On the managerial front Jonesy has kicked Hughtons arse with 4 points of the 6, and Hughton managed to strengthen in 3 key areas with Murray, knockart and Bong all top championship and lower premier players with good experience.

Back to yesterdays game, aren't we great at playing football, in all my years, I have never seen a squad of Brighton players who are so comfortable.
No no no mate you've got my thoughts about you, Hughton, Jones and Potter all wrong. Most Brighton supporters are divided on all three managers and how they rate them. Like you & me some like Hughton and dont rate Jones, vice versa, some like both some rate Potter others dont. It's not because you like Jones & dislike Hughtons last six months tenure that I dont rate Jones or disagreed with Hughtons sacking, its opinions mate.....and I still dont rate Jones but am super glad Potter took over from Hughton. Never ever thought I should dislike someone or like someone because of any other supporters opinion.....I have my own. Let's have more performances like yesterday and see us in a more comfortable position......I'll drink to that.:wave::drink::goal:

D

Deleted member 2719

No no no mate you've got my thoughts about you, Hughton, Jones and Potter all wrong. Most Brighton supporters are divided on all three managers and how they rate them. Like you & me some like Hughton and dont rate Jones, vice versa, some like both some rate Potter others dont. It's not because you like Jones & dislike Hughtons last six months tenure that I dont rate Jones or disagreed with Hughtons sacking, its opinions mate.....and I still dont rate Jones but am super glad Potter took over from Hughton. Never ever thought I should dislike someone or like someone because of any other supporters opinion.....I have my own. Let's have more performances like yesterday and see us in a more comfortable position......I'll drink to that.:wave::drink::goal:

As much as I would like to see Albion when 3 - 0 every week, I am not sure if anyone bar city are up to that!
To notch a few more 3 points up would be great, but a handful of draws maybe enough.:albion2:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Massive result - and an opportunity to put the pedal to the metal for the last few games and end the season on a high.

Don't blow what has been built up over the past two games by slipping back into the situation a couple of games ago of throwing away points when they were there for the taking.

Ok but what about Ian Harte and Gary Doherty?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just ran those both frame by frame.

Danny's crosses the line first by about 3 frames

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here