[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Well played Brighton. Job done. I've kissed the wife, kissed my 21 year old son, and kissed Stan the cat. Is there anyone else who needs kissing?

Bruce could do with cheering up, hope you haven’t had a drink, saying that might be for the best when you get there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well that was fantastic.

The measure of it was that neither me or my son could pick a MotM. Such a good team performance. I know Welbeck got it on Sky and he was certainly up there but Biss pulled out two magnificent tackles and was always there to break up and receive, Moder got in a huge amount of work, Trossard looks a new player, Maupay, instead of making an easy finish look difficult, made a difficult finish look easy, Gross creative throughout. But I really do think the big difference is a fully 90 mins fit Lallana. Still a great string puller at this level.

That said Newcastle were ****ing pathetic. They look completely beaten in every respect. Hopefully now just them and Fulham duking it out for relegation with, perhaps, Saints looking nervously over their shoulders.

And add Veltman to that list - tremendous.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
The perfect performance well done to all the team and coaching staff. As for Newcastle easily the worst team we've played. It was like a training game last 20 mins.
Yes it's seems like they gave up. I would be pissed off if I was a NU fan watching that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
ab37f7427b9f50d802066712097e79ee.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Well that was fantastic.

The measure of it was that neither me or my son could pick a MotM. Such a good team performance. I know Welbeck got it on Sky and he was certainly up there but Biss pulled out two magnificent tackles and was always there to break up and receive, Moder got in a huge amount of work, Trossard looks a new player, Maupay, instead of making an easy finish look difficult, made a difficult finish look easy, Gross creative throughout. But I really do think the big difference is a fully 90 mins fit Lallana. Still a great string puller at this level.

That said Newcastle were ****ing pathetic. They look completely beaten in every respect. Hopefully now just them and Fulham duking it out for relegation with, perhaps, Saints looking nervously over their shoulders.

Yeah

I've decided I'm not going to bother with a MOTM.
8.5s for Welbz/Moder/Trossard/Maupay/Lalanna/Veltman/Bissouma 8s for everyone else.
The most complete performance of the season.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
It was hard to tell if that was a brilliant Albion performance or a terrible Newcastle performance. Newcastle look relegation bound. They're terrible.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Kudos to [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] The lucky Avatar stays for the next game.
Nooooooooooooo!

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Can't find any faults in that performance...a true master class from Potter and the lads.
I feel like we could take anyone on right now and win.
Amazing what a couple of weeks makes in football

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Just managed to lose an expansive post about tonight’s game. I really can’t be arsed to try and recreate it so here’s a summary.

As a ‘neutral’ I really enjoyed the game.

You totally dominated them, albeit they were also utter shite.

They’re going down, you ain’t.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
No man of the match today as they were all fantastic. Took the mickey in the final 10 minutes with 100% possession to wind the game down.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports