Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Milton Keynes Dons *** Official Match Thread ***

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For those that can not quite believe we're top 6 or even promotion contenders and that all manner of things need to get fixed/changed/bought (.This includes me from time to time !!)
For us to not make the play offs from here we would have to get less than 40 points from the next 30 games. We might even make it with as little as 35/36.
This is not far off our form last season when we managed a paltry 32 points from the last 30 matches...
Teams sometimes do collapse. (See Boro in 2013/14, See Cardiff ) but its pretty rare.

Its not nailed on, obviously, but we're a third of the way through now. This remarkable run isn't a blip anymore.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As for dismay and concern we *only* beat them 2-1 then well, Burnley only beat em 2-1, and ok Derby beat em 3-1, and Hull beat em 2-0. Not exactly "thrashings"
But then Derby have lost to Forest and leeds. (we didn't ) And Burnley lost to Ipswich and Reading (we didn't) And Hull are unbeaten apart from losing to one team. Us.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The fact that we haven't really been outplayed by anyone would suggest we're the real deal for the playoffs...Don't have the quality in depth for the top two though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For those that can not quite believe we're top 6 or even promotion contenders and that all manner of things need to get fixed/changed/bought (.This includes me from time to time !!)
For us to not make the play offs from here we would have to get less than 40 points from the next 30 games. We might even make it with as little as 35/36.
This is not far off our form last season when we managed a paltry 32 points from the last 30 matches...
Teams sometimes do collapse. (See Boro in 2013/14, See Cardiff ) but its pretty rare.

Its not nailed on, obviously, but we're a third of the way through now. This remarkable run isn't a blip anymore.

Can't see a Hughton team averaging as little as just over a point a game. I really can't. Win 10/draw 20 would be quite a poor return from here on in......and we'd still have 84 points.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The fact that we haven't really been outplayed by anyone would suggest we're the real deal for the playoffs...Don't have the quality in depth for the top two though.

It's this all day. I can only see top 2 if we're very fortunate with injuries and/or Tony spends some serious wedge at Yuletide.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have never seen as much negativity from a group of fans whose team sit joint top of the league and who have just gone 17 games unbeaten.

There is a lot of positivity by some here but the ones who seem to scream the loudest are the one who scream ''we should be winning by more'' ''our strikers are shit we need better ones''

Next time anyone wants to scream those things, try looking back to last year and how it felt losing frequently and almost getting relegated. The Manager has had only one transfer window to turn things around and he has done that beyond even what me or anyone else could have expected. Probably even what he could have expected.

Enjoy the moment and remember he has only had one transfer window so far. He didn't know how things were going to turn out. If he can achieve what he has done in one transfer window, just imagine what the next transfer window could bring. As far as I can see there is nothing to complain about thus far

Feb 14, 2010
I have never seen as much negativity from a group of fans whose team sit joint top of the league and who have just gone 17 games unbeaten.

Excellent, I'm pleases to see that nothing has changed and Sussex is still Sussex. I cant stand these "Uber fans" from other clubs who spend their life looking on the bright side and being all full of American style positivity. Great to see that the Albion / Sussex are still good at a great dose of English of negative realism.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

There is a lot of positivity by some here but the ones who seem to scream the loudest are the one who scream ''we should be winning by more'' ''our strikers are shit we need better ones''

Next time anyone wants to scream those things, try looking back to last year and how it felt losing frequently and almost getting relegated. The Manager has had only one transfer window to turn things around and he has done that beyond even what me or anyone else could have expected. Probably even what he could have expected.

Enjoy the moment and remember he has only had one transfer window so far. He didn't know how things were going to turn out. If he can achieve what he has done in one transfer window, just imagine what the next transfer window could bring. As far as I can see there is nothing to complain about thus far

People are slightly negative because they know that we can't draw our way to promotion. Strikers not scoring is a problem whether you're at the top of the league or the bottom, I think it's fair to be frustrated.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
People are slightly negative because they know that we can't draw our way to promotion. Strikers not scoring is a problem whether you're at the top of the league or the bottom, I think it's fair to be frustrated.
Hang on, we won today??

Feb 14, 2010
Hang on, we won today??

And what has that got to do with it? Top of the league, won today but I'm Sussex, I'm Albion and I can / will find a very good reason to be negative. Great isn't it. I so miss it, so real. No false smiles in Sussex, such a pleasure.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

We've won 3 of our last 6 matches.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Can I put the perceived lack of goals in to perspective

We have scored 21 goals this season and it seems that the teams around us are banging them in left and right and at will.

Hull have scored 26
Burnley have scored 23
Middlesbrough have scored 24
Derby have scored 22
Birmingham have scored 24

So in the top six only one team has scored over three more goals then us over 16 games.

I'm not saying we don't need to strengthen, but we really really are not that bad and our goals come from all over the place, which is good because we are not at risk of an injury to a star player and it all goes tits up.

The team are doing an amazing job from the manager down. It is the Brighton way for it all to go wrong which it may do, but do try and enjoy it, because if you can't enjoy the good times what is the point.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Which is excellent - but we were bailed out twice by two late goals from the bench.

So let me get this right ? What is required is, Brazilian like football and be at least 3 goals clear in every game and with a clean sheet and none of our goals should be in the last 15 minutes of a match and the goals should only be scored by the starting 11 ?????????????

Feb 14, 2010
So let me get this right ? What is required is, Brazilian like football and be at least 3 goals clear in every game and with a clean sheet and none of our goals should be in the last 15 minutes of a match and the goals should only be scored by the starting 11 ?????????????

Yes.. and we will still find something to moan about. Sussex and proud of it. Problem?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ffs................
:flounce:

As if you didn't know! The answer is nil. They've scored more goals than we have though.

Yes, nil today, and their goal difference is the same as our's. They've scored more goals than we have too.
So what, they've let in more too.

You think that this is something that I don't know, and need to be told? Really?
Then what exactly is the point of saying 'Even Rotherham scored as many as we did!'?

Where have I (or Seagull 58 or that matter) said anything that suggests we somehow think anything incompatible with this?
It's just unnecessary moaning as far as I can tell. S58 complaining that we're not good enough to put MKD away (we don't have to put them away, we just need the 3 points), and saying that Reading and Sheff Wed aren't that good and our last two draws weren't good enough - which is just ridiculous.

See post 261, It's not that we're not very good (or good at least) - it just doesn't feel like that. Emphasis on FEEL.
So which fans can say their team does FEEL good enough? We haven't lost a single game, while everyone except us had lost at least two.

No one claimed we're world beaters, we're just getting on with things and it's going well. You seem to claim you're agreeing with that, but if so, what exactly is there to moan about?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Don't see (or hear) anybody screaming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here