Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Milton Keynes Dons *** Official Match Thread ***

D

Deleted member 22389

This is so crap. Very disappointing we are joint top. I expect better

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Don't think I've been that disappointed by a win since McGhee was in charge. A shame given the record that was broken, well done to the lads for that.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'll be happy if it looks like that at the end of the season.
image.png

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Well we won but MK Dons were one of the worst teams I've seen at the Amex so we shouldn't have made hard work of it like we did.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Rubbish today but if we can stay where we are and add a decent winger and striker in January then maybe we might just do it, really wouldn't be bothered if we lost Holla,Jfc and Elvis to pay for them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Goals galore today - Ipswich and Brum got 5, Leeds, Charlton and Hull got 3 each. Even Rotherham scored as many as we did!

Don't get me wrong - I'm delighted with where we are, it's great that we've broken our record, but it just doesn't FEEL as if we're one of the top teams in the division, scraping home week after week as we do.

Oh well, Burnley away next up - should get a shedload there..............

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm more disappointed with the reaction tbh - we would have won this by three of four if they hadn't scored totally against the run of play. The stats suggest we should have scored two or three more, we hit the post etc. and so on.

The table doesn't lie, results speak louder than words - this has been a totally unexpected but hoped for start to the season. We need a little more quality yes, but splashing 2, 3 ,4 5m these days is akin to spending 500k 10 years ago.

Let's enjoy the moment and reflect on what's been our BEST EVER start to any season - ever.

Kosh

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Also - people keep banging on about not being one of the best teams in this division hmmmm I'm not sure this league is all it's cracked up to be tbh - we can beat anyone on our day, and if we approach the 'mighty' Burnley with the right attitude, who's to say we can't win that one too.

Stranger things have happened.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I steer clear of match threads normally, today I thought I'd check in. Now I remember why I don't bother. Moaning gits!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Goals galore today - Ipswich and Brum got 5, Leeds, Charlton and Hull got 3 each. Even Rotherham scored as many as we did!

Don't get me wrong - I'm delighted with where we are, it's great that we've broken our record, but it just doesn't FEEL as if we're one of the top teams in the division, scraping home week after week as we do.

Oh well, Burnley away next up - should get a shedload there..............

6 draws in the last 9. It's not top form and we don't scrape home every week. We scrape home 1 game in 3 (over the last 9). However, we have a solid foundation for a good run in the new year if we can get a goalscorer. PLEASE let's get a goalscorer and tear this league apart.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Obviously pleased with the three points but good grief we do make things difficult. The Franchise were awful and I'm fairly sure when they did look alright it's because we were off the pace.

And the officials! Awful, again.

But blow all that, we got the result, we're 2nd, we're unbeaten record breakers and, this is the cherry on top, we don't have to trudge back to Milton Keynes.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
6 draws in the last 9. It's not top form and we don't scrape home every week. We scrape home 1 game in 3 (over the last 9). However, we have a solid foundation for a good run in the new year if we can get a goalscorer. PLEASE let's get a goalscorer and tear this league apart.

Agreed, I think we're done with our bad patch of form, I don't care if we win every game by one goal, it will be stressful but we'll also be champions. It's clear we're not the sort of team that rips people to shreds but we defend well when we need to and that is another way of getting out of this league.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You know this thing the media claim re 'the most competitive league in the world' bollocks... a mediocre league in it's own more like. Last week Middlesbrough were world beaters, Derby too, it's an average division, with average foreign imports, average managers, average young British players, with a smattering of actual class and a wealth of failed, downward spiralling has-beens'.

The good news, we CAN win this average division - if the first 16 games prove one thing, it's that an honest, average side can fly in the face of the quality this league purportedly possesses.

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here