Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Milton Keynes Dons *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
6 draws in the last 9. It's not top form and we don't scrape home every week. We scrape home 1 game in 3 (over the last 9).
Fair point. You know what I mean, though.

However, we have a solid foundation for a good run in the new year if we can get a goalscorer. PLEASE let's get a goalscorer and tear this league apart.
Agree that it's a solid foundation, and that's great, Do you remember when we broke a record in the March when we won League 1 - we won 8 out of 8 in a month, and were able to laugh our socks off at Southampton's futile attempts to 'keep up with us'! That's what a record 17 matches unbeaten should feel like - but somehow it doesn't. Not to me anyway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looks like I chose well a game to miss to play golf in a monsoon

3 points though!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Great to see another win, but far too narrow against a team like MK. We've been lucky to maintain draws against the big teams but it lacks punch if we're going to be contenders for promotion. I'm happy with how Brighton has had this long a run in such a competitive season, and it shows that we have a real chance for the premiership this year, I think we ought to be happy with our position and keep up our faith in one of the strongest sides we've had in years, but I think the team obviously needs that forward who can deliver us the goals we need.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Great to see another win, but far too narrow against a team like MK. We've been lucky to maintain draws against the big teams but it lacks punch if we're going to be contenders for promotion. I'm happy with how Brighton has had this long a run in such a competitive season, and it shows that we have a real chance for the premiership this year, I think we ought to be happy with our position and keep up our faith in one of the strongest sides we've had in years, but I think the team obviously needs that forward who can deliver us the goals we need.

Fair enough - it's clear we need 'that' striker, but whoever we get will/should cost and I remain unconvinced and untried (winter UK) man from warmer foreign climes is the answer.

Perhaps Hambo could be worth a chance?!? when he gets his fitness, that or we go for a lower league player high on confidence and able to lead a line with some degree of consistency.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
34 points already. 34!!!

There was a time after last season's run in and early close season where I was thinking we'd be looking at that sort of tally for the whole season.

Loving it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Yet according to some, at one point in the second half at least, he played a blinder of a homer!

He did. It was a penalty, I'm in WSU right in line with the touchline and it was a pen to me. BUT the corner he gave was not a corner. It came off Franchise Player #WhoTheHellKnows.

So, he was unwilling to do anything about their pulling of shirts, unable to see a clear penalty and unable to tell a goal kick from a corner.

Just a bad ref all round.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And I hope we hang on but we're not good enough to put this team away.
We don't have to be.
Reading losing 2-0 and Sheff Wed losing 3-0. Puts the last 2 games into perspective.
No it doesn't. Wednesday were 10 ish games unbeaten, Reading beat 'boro and Burnley, but couldn't beat us. They were both at home vs us - that puts it in perspective.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Goals galore today - Ipswich and Brum got 5, Leeds, Charlton and Hull got 3 each. Even Rotherham scored as many as we did!

Don't get me wrong - I'm delighted with where we are, it's great that we've broken our record, but it just doesn't FEEL as if we're one of the top teams in the division
Middlesbrough are a top team, and have been favourites to take the title for a while - how many did they score?

Oh well, Burnley away next up - should get a shedload there..............
Well Burnley have parachute money and they're doing well, how many did they score today? Oh, it's zero - still, I'm sure they have a much better goal difference than us - oh, they don't.

Yes I'd have liked us to have scored more and kept a clean sheet, but we don't have a prolific striker and we're doing well with what we have.

6 draws in the last 9. It's not top form and we don't scrape home every week. We scrape home 1 game in 3 (over the last 9).
And we won all 4 of the games before those 9, so you're just cherry picking the results to support your idea that we're not very good.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We don't have to be.
No it doesn't. Wednesday were 10 ish games unbeaten, Reading beat 'boro and Burnley, but couldn't beat us. They were both at home vs us - that puts it in perspective.
It does, and it shows just how comepetitve this league is in that anyone can beat anyone*. We seem to have a problem with putting sides away, but we're not 2nd after 16 games because of luck.

*Except us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Quite a few shitty posts on this thread. Palace obviously didn't have a game today.

Just saying.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I steer clear of match threads normally, today I thought I'd check in. Now I remember why I don't bother. Moaning gits!

Did you spill my pint?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ffs................
Middlesbrough are a top team, and have been favourites to take the title for a while - how many did they score?
As if you didn't know! The answer is nil. They've scored more goals than we have though.
Well Burnley have parachute money and they're doing well, how many did they score today? Oh, it's zero - still, I'm sure they have a much better goal difference than us - oh, they don't.
Yes, nil today, and their goal difference is the same as our's. They've scored more goals than we have too.

Yes I'd have liked us to have scored more and kept a clean sheet, but we don't have a prolific striker and we're doing well with what we have.
You think that this is something that I don't know, and need to be told? Really? Where have I (or Seagull 58 or that matter) said anything that suggests we somehow think anything incompatible with this? Exactly - we haven't; it's a self-evident truth, we could do with a prolific striker!

.................. to support your idea that we're not very good.
See post 261, It's not that we're not very good (or good at least) - it just doesn't feel like that. Emphasis on FEEL.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There's no palace posting on this thread. Some fans are concerned about the lack of goals and inability to put teams away.

True, we're riding our luck more than a little. We could be 'out of sight' if we had been more clinical in front of goal

Feb 14, 2010
From afar it sounds like the defence and midfield are doing their bit and have the guts / luck to see a game out (so far). It's nice to have a side that narrowly wins games and with the frequency they do it, then it is more than luck. 9/10 but it seems the forwards need to get in box and be calm in front of goal. Something you probably cant teach, some are natural finishers, others blast the ball against the legs or post. You know a natural goal scorer when you see one, well some of us do, obviously the bloke who thought CMS was better than Murray didnt.

Big Bill

Banned
Nov 4, 2015
Fantastic result! Todays opponents have been challenged but are hardly whipping boys.
After a few frustrating draws, we can now proceed like we might actually be the real deal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here