Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Chelsea really are desperate aren't they lapping that up. I'm not to disappointed to be out really. We've got bigger things to focus on.

Don't know what Buonanotte offers us. He has no attributes that makes us better and just comes inside when playing on the wing. He will never start centrally and did nothing for the 30 mins he played there. Bar one small run V City he makes us worse - see Forest away (lose - I know he scored), Everton home (battered) and Bournemouth first half on Sunday (losing).

JPVH and Lamptey were good although weak at the end.
JP's finishing was very poor.
Pervis should have had the night off.
Concerned by March at the moment. It's like the March prior to RDZ - needs a rocket up his arse.
We are so much better with Dunk, Joel and Billy in the team.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I reckon Buonanotte is going to make a few people eat their words tonight.
You reckon? How did that work out? Absolutely woeful at best. Pleased he started after getting hooked at half-time but he offers us absolutely nothing. Not skilful or fast enough to take anyone and just cuts inside. Pleasing on the eye but that doesn't get a goal or an assist. Our stats with him in the team are dreadful.

Hope RDZ can tease a player out of him in time.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I don't care about anything tonight.

To be honest I am glad we are out of this competition - it would have been a hindrance towards more important goals.

I thought we played well enough, no complaints - apart from defensively we could have done better.

I do think Cucurella is an absolute twat though. Cheating fucker. Literally did the rolling around thing for about 2 seconds before getting back up. Good riddance.

Sanchez looked an absolute liability too.

f*** Chelsea. Horrible club. Glad we get to focus our efforts elsewhere,

Baleba looked good, not far from first team, which is nice.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I like their commentary, after listening to them for years I found it hard to adjust to streams. If I turned my back to the pc & just listened then I'd have no clue what was happening either. Team JC & Warren here, they're also very bias towards Brighton which is good. :smile:
Agree with you here.
After years of watching dodgy streams and genuine coverage, I still enjoy the JC and Wozza commentary.
It reminds me of when listening to BBC Radio 2 MW coverage / commentary of Albion games way back.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I’ve realised Pedro is no goalscorer but he is a superb player. Dahoud, not for me. Buonanotte is just not doing it for me. Thought we played well. If Pedro had scored that goal after Sanchez did his usual mistake that would have been great. Chelsea fans reacting like they’d just won the champions league 😂. And time wasting against “teams like Brighton” 😁

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I don't care about anything tonight.

To be honest I am glad we are out of this competition - it would have been a hindrance towards more important goals.

I thought we played well enough, no complaints - apart from defensively we could have done better.

I do think Cucurella is an absolute twat though. Cheating fucker. Literally did the rolling around thing for about 2 seconds before getting back up. Good riddance.

Sanchez looked an absolute liability too.

f*** Chelsea. Horrible club. Glad we get to focus our efforts elsewhere,

Baleba looked good, not far from first team, which is nice.
Cucurella liked rolling around for us so I don’t think he’s changed!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Disappointing to have lost that. We felt a little under par and probably need to focus on taking chances when they come. Could have won it. Didn’t. Learn and move on.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Maybe the squad isn't as strong as it needs to be.
I think it’s deep enough but I think the team we saw tonight is largely still learning De Zerbi’s modus operandi when it comes to playing out from the back and short passing in possession- there were a lot of nervous and poorly timed/overshot passes - the lads tried their best - I didn’t see anyone slacking but as a team of largely fresh meat to the squad, we lacked the finesse and flow tonight that we have seen in our PL games. We can’t avoid rotation but will feel the pain until all squad members are up to the level required.

Im relieved tbh that we don’t have to be concerned with the Carabao now - if Chelski want to celebrate like it’s a FA cup final win let them have at it and go for the win— ffs, if the Conference Loosers League means that much to them - we have the Europa and Champions League to fight for 😂

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I like their commentary, after listening to them for years I found it hard to adjust to streams. If I turned my back to the pc & just listened then I'd have no clue what was happening either. Team JC & Warren here, they're also very bias towards Brighton which is good. :smile:
But they give little or no indication where on the pitch the player has possession and for example just switch from naming an Albion player on the ball to a Chelsea player without giving any idea what happened to change possession. eg “Lamptey passes to Gilmour…..silence….and here comes Colwill for Chelsea”. I’m glad I get to most games and don’t have to rely on listening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here