Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Here's a fact:
The last three matches for Chelsea were 0-0 by half-time.
However, they would proceed to lose two of these matches by full-time and drew the other against Bournemouth.
So, if history repeats itself, we should be confident.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I want us to win, but I really don't want any injuries. Sanchez has regressed and their midfielder should have been sent off, no doubts at all.

We‘re playing ok, a few mistakes here and there but probably should be a couple up.

Oh and it sounds like a home game for us, can’t remember hearing any Chelsea songs just a lot of piss taking from our fans. Lovely

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
They'll presumably take off the guy on a yellow now - to be on the safe side and stop the ref 'making up for it' now he'll have seen the replay at HT.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How did the ref miss that challenge. He wasn't even unsighted.
Would he have been sent off with VAR? ie, could they have thought it's definitely a yellow, probably a red, but since not clearly a red, left the decision?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice of Mrs Veltman to be in the next row

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ref clearly bottled the second Ugochukwu foul thinking var would save him. Awful challenge 😡

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They'll presumably take off the guy on a yellow now - to be on the safe side and stop the ref 'making up for it' now he'll have seen the replay at HT.
Allow me to be stupid for a second (quiet at the back) - will the ref definitely get shown his mistake?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Should be two clear (easy) goals up, and they should be down to ten men. We really have to take our chances as this is reeking of a smash and grab either 1-0 own goal, a soft penalty, or a defeat on penalties. It just seems inevitable after that first half.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
As I'm sure it's been said loads already, but the ref has dropped a bollock on that second yellow. Awful challenge and should've walked.
Really looking forward to the amount of shit Sanchez is going to get for the next 45.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here