Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sanchez comedy gold had - we better team playing quite well - should be 2 up and their CM should have 100% been off just now.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
Ref doesnt know what he’s doing, been awful. Could have been goals either end, can’t help thinking we had the better chances though and should be winning

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Be nice if we strengthen at half time.

I reckon I'm better at finishing than Fati

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That is a straight red. Referee completely inept. Not even a yellow. He booked Estu for what? Referee looks like a deer in headlights. Referee the game mate.
I thought the ref was having a decent game actually. Sometimes it's good when they're not heavy-handed with the whistle.

Unfortunately, I think he's potentially missed the red card there though. Happens. Just have to get on with it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Amazing to think that none of our experienced players are on the park:
Steele
Dunk
Webster
Veltman
Milner
Groß
Lallana
Welbeck
March

And still, we’re making a game of it.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Referee league one at best.
Goodnight playing like an 18 year old on the playground, then the best 18 year in the world, then back again!
Fati and Pedro both young men with a bit to learn. Baleba not afraid to get stuck in but he's still young. We've got more than enough to finish this in normal time.
What about chelsea you ask? Yes, what about them? They're a bit devoid of confidence....but who really cares

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Surprised to see so much negativity. Obviously, we should be ahead and we've dominated ball. I know Chelsea have had a shocking season but their top of the possession table. What's more, Lamptey's looking more like his old self, Buonanotte is having a good game and Dahoud has been able to get forward more with Baleba alongside him.

It was never going to be a walkover. They've not been scoring but their underlying numbers are good. As mentioned above, they keep the ball well, plus they have pace all over the pitch, create chances and are solid defensively.

Caicedo and Sanchez look rattled though. A stirring halftime talk from DZ and we can grab the win.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Lovely, a straight red card challenge by a player already booked.

Play on of course.
How did the ref miss that challenge. He wasn't even unsighted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here