Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Brighton & Hove Albion U23's vs Aston Villa u23's match Thread******

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Few comments:
- surprised at the lack of quality, huge gap between the first team and that.
- Harper is dreadful, attempted to set a world record of times caught offside and when he got it he lost it, think Elvis but lazier.
- We were pretty tidy in the middle but offered nothing up top.
- Molumby and Hutchinson along with the two centre halves played well and Ward on the right flank had a real turn of pace.
- Surprised we don't play the same formation as the 1st team, was a sort of 4-4-1-1 however with Harper being anonymous it seemed like 4-5-0.
- Overall tidy but not spectacular, on that showing there's no-one you would think could make the step up.
- Villa really should have won it, missed a hatful of good chances in the second half.
- Ayunga is an absolute unit, not sure how good he is but physically a great presence up top.
- Should have ended with 9 men as the ref bottled sending off one of our centre halves.

Not an entirely unfair summary from watching online. Horrible reliance on hoof ball out of defence. I'd rather see us lose trying to play football and develop the skills needed to bridge the gap than play like that and get a result. Seriously concerned about the coaching at this level.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Shame we never got to ground share there instead of Gillingham all those years ago.

Would have been ideal.

2 mins away from the A23. Cheaper food and drinks. Found the stewards and tea ladies great. You are so close to the dugouts also.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not an entirely unfair summary from watching online. Horrible reliance on hoof ball out of defence. I'd rather see us lose trying to play football and develop the skills needed to bridge the gap than play like that and get a result. Seriously concerned about the coaching at this level.

The best player who i feel has has the best chance of making it is Tom Dallison our CB. He also likes to bring the ball out on the deck. He is out on loan. He is a young John Terry. He also has his temperament.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The best player who i feel has has the best chance of making it is Tom Dallison our CB. He also likes to bring the ball out on the deck. He is out on loan. He is a young John Terry. He also has his temperament.

Maguire-Drew, if he continues to progress, will be threatening the first team squad sooner rather than later.
And from tonight I thought Bjordal showed that he is a step ahead of most of his colleagues in the second half.
I think we do have some potential players but they need to be helped to develop and I didn't see too much of that tonight.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Maguire-Drew, if he continues to progress, will be threatening the first team squad sooner rather than later.
And from tonight I thought Bjordal showed that he is a step ahead of most of his colleagues in the second half.
I think we do have some potential players but they need to be helped to develop and I didn't see too much of that tonight.

Not really a fan of Rusk if i'm honest. All he does is shout at the players and it's the same negative football from last year.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

I thought Bjordal looked good to, strong and decent pace. Originally after pre season it looked like he may get a squad number, but then seemed to disappear. Assume he was injured and that is why he was on the bench tonight. He certainly looked better than most of our players when he came on. Like to see him play with better players.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I went to the game and pretty much kept an eye on Solly all half, I think they must have told him to put in a hard 45 minute shift. Didn't see any signs of him pulling out of challenges, made a couple of customary mazey runs and tended to be enjoying being back. Jack Harper looked lazy, he disappointed me. In fact, and it doesn't really defend my comments of previous days regarding bringing the youngsters through, I didn't see any that really looked good enough to break through, Solly accepted.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Harper has rarely played 90 mins for us, last season probably due to fitness concerns, shouldnt be the case this season after a pre-season under his belt, lone striker not his position though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Would have been ideal.

2 mins away from the A23. Cheaper food and drinks. Found the stewards and tea ladies great. You are so close to the dugouts also.

Agree and I believe it was Crawley council that stonewalled it not the football club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here