Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Brighton & Hove Albion U23's vs Aston Villa u23's match Thread******

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It looks like Harper just isn't up to it. He doesn't impose himself over the course of the game.

The under-23s generally are disappointing especially as some of them looked decent playing for the first team in pre season

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Even know Harper was bad i'm convinced it isn't his entirely his fault. He was very isolated upfront and i'm not sure that actually suits him.

I so much wanted to see Hambo play. We need him i feel because we will struggle again to score goals.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is he left footed as I thought that he normally played on the right.

He was playing left back and so i presume he is left footed. If he isn't i didn't notice any weakness

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
He was playing left back and so i presume he is left footed. If he isn't i didn't notice any weakness

Yeah I believe he played RB at his previous club, so it bodes well that he can play LB as well.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Few comments:
- surprised at the lack of quality, huge gap between the first team and that.
- Harper is dreadful, attempted to set a world record of times caught offside and when he got it he lost it, think Elvis but lazier.
- We were pretty tidy in the middle but offered nothing up top.
- Molumby and Hutchinson along with the two centre halves played well and Ward on the right flank had a real turn of pace.
- Surprised we don't play the same formation as the 1st team, was a sort of 4-4-1-1 however with Harper being anonymous it seemed like 4-5-0.
- Overall tidy but not spectacular, on that showing there's no-one you would think could make the step up.
- Villa really should have won it, missed a hatful of good chances in the second half.
- Ayunga is an absolute unit, not sure how good he is but physically a great presence up top.
- Should have ended with 9 men as the ref bottled sending off one of our centre halves.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Few comments:
- Harper is dreadful, attempted to set a world record of times caught offside and when he got it he lost it, think Elvis but lazier.
- Molumby and Hutchinson along with the two centre halves played well and Ward on the right flank had a real turn of pace.
- Surprised we don't play the same formation as the 1st team, was a sort of 4-4-1-1 however with Harper being anonymous it seemed like 4-5-0.
- Overall tidy but not spectacular, on that showing there's no-one you would think could make the step up.
- Villa really should have won it, missed a hatful of good chances in the second half.
- Ayunga is an absolute unit, not sure how good he is but physically a great presence up top.
- Should have ended with 9 men as the ref bottled sending off one of our centre halves.

Don't forget these were the U23 reserves. The better players will be at Oxford tomorrow night.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Few comments:

Remember, this is our 3rd team. The 2nd team plays tomorrow night.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It interests me how a couple of posters have been more impressed at the physique of Ayunga to the point of rating him as playing well, even if he didnt.

Seems a British thing and in our DNA to be impressed with stature rather than quality, he is 19 years old 7'10'' and cannot get a start with what some of you are saying is our 3rd team, I fear he isnt very good no matter how big he might be .....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Few comments:

And March?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looked bright but was knackered after about 35. Probably about 2 or 3 games away from being match fit/ up to the pace.

I was in ForestRow on sunday gone. Thought you needed to know that

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would like to see ALL our U23 games played at the Broadfield stadium. Lovely pitch and you are close to the action. Superb little venue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here