Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
LuaLua is rubbish and so is COG.

Get rid of both of them asap and replace them with footballers of talent and quality. Anyone can see Colunga is a good player, but we need to be smarter about how he is used. LuaLua and COG are just rubbish footballers, they won't be a part of a team pushing for promotion from this league.

Apart from the fact that Lua Lua has been part of a team pushing for promotion from this league in 2 of the past 3 seasons, you mean? I do understand the frustration though - he's been a squad player since he arrived (an important one though), whereas I think we had all hoped he'd be better than that. Overall, I think we need two quality wingers with KLL providing the competition. But then I think Baldock might yet score for fun with the right service. It's funny as I was sceptical about him when he arrived, but I like some of what I've seen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Play Lua Lua in the right position and tell him to stop ****ing around with the stopping before he runs and we'll see a much better player, imo.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Play Lua Lua in the right position and tell him to stop ****ing around with the stopping before he runs and we'll see a much better player, imo.

I don't think he can stop - he seems to have a lot of little 'ticks' that he can't seem to shift.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I don't think he can stop - he seems to have a lot of little 'ticks' that he can't seem to shift.

Agree with [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] here. Gus turned KLL in to a footballer from a gymnast and sprinter but he now seems to be almost uncoachable. Every manager in the division must know by now that he'll stop, start, step over and cut in (and then waste it 90% of the time). If he didn't he'd be a Premier League player rather than a Championship impact sub.

I see Colunga mentioned. Not really a winger is he? This isn't popular (I've has discussions on twitter on the subject) but I don't rate Colunga that highly. Very similar to Baldock and the latter will score goals if played regularly and off someone as we saw before he got injured, A front two of Baldock and Colunga - or playing Colunga as a conventional winger - would be awful.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last tweet I saw ( which of course may be made up ) is that Adkins intends to keep him at Sheff Utd if possible.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think J Murphy ought to sign for Norwich. That 'll confuse the commentators.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Agree with [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] here. Gus turned KLL in to a footballer from a gymnast and sprinter but he now seems to be almost uncoachable. Every manager in the division must know by now that he'll stop, start, step over and cut in (and then waste it 90% of the time). If he didn't he'd be a Premier League player rather than a Championship impact sub.

I see Colunga mentioned. Not really a winger is he? This isn't popular (I've has discussions on twitter on the subject) but I don't rate Colunga that highly. Very similar to Baldock and the latter will score goals if played regularly and off someone as we saw before he got injured, A front two of Baldock and Colunga - or playing Colunga as a conventional winger - would be awful.

PL wingers are only allowed to waste it 80% of the time. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...emier-League-crossers--best-worst-season.html

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Rumours site says 1.1 million bid rejected #LatestTransferNewsExclusive

They only paid Motherwell £125,000 for him. Normally a player can push things forward and put pressure on his club if he wants to leave but Jamie isn't that sort of guy. He won't do that. He is really quite loyal and unassuming young lad.

Normally that's a good thing but in this instance it means we are gonna have to go back with a larger offer and if I am honest, although he is a good player, I think what we have offered already is his true value at this point in time, never having played at a higher level than League 1 and Scottish Premiership

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
They only paid Motherwell £125,000 for him. Normally a player can push things forward and put pressure on his club if he wants to leave but Jamie isn't that sort of guy. He won't do that. He is really quite loyal and unassuming young lad.

Normally that's a good thing but in this instance it means we are gonna have to go back with a larger offer and if I am honest, although he is a good player, I think what we have offered already is his true value at this point in time, never having played at a higher level than League 1 and Scottish Premiership

Thats quite an endearing insight into his personality, however if he is under contract then the club will try to convince him to stay or try to ensure they get the very best possible deal for Sheffield United.

I am guessing his agent has different personality traits and will in the end get a deal that the player is ultimately happy with.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Thats quite an endearing insight into his personality, however if he is under contract then the club will try to convince him to stay or try to ensure they get the very best possible deal for Sheffield United.

I am guessing his agent has different personality traits and will in the end get a deal that the player is ultimately happy with.

See link below when he was still at Motherwell. His agent didn't drive that through. Blackpool had just dropped out of the premiership when they moved for him so he turned down big increase in salary to stay at Motherwell back then

he is extremely grounded and quite shy lad but also takes into account more than money

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16877928

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
See link below when he was still at Motherwell. His agent didn't drive that through. Blackpool had just dropped out of the premiership when they moved for him so he turned down big increase in salary to stay at Motherwell back then

he is extremely grounded and quite shy lad but also takes into account more than money

It seems on the surface quite a refreshing approach, but usually more money follows a higher level of football, there will be a tipping point when he might be accused of lack of ambition perhaps ??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And while you're at it tell him to stop diving around like a freakin palace player.

It's not even as if we've done anything with the occasional free kick he has conned out of the ref.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Given what has gone on with Blackpool, I would imagine they weren't offering contracts that were all that big.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Given what has gone on with Blackpool, I would imagine they weren't offering contracts that were all that big.

He wouldn't even have been on £1K per week at Motherwell and almost certainly would have at least that at Blackpool as they had just dropped out of Premiership

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He wouldn't even have been on £1K per week at Motherwell and almost certainly would have at least that at Blackpool as they had just dropped out of Premiership

I still wouldn't be surprised if the offer wasn't that much more. They didn't overspend in the premier league, and somewhat controversially paid £11m to a company owned by Owen Oysten, rather than re-invest in the club. He didn't even bother to invest it in a new training ground, which he claimed would only cost £5m and that hasn't been sorted yet. He fell out with Riga over the summer because he was refusing to pay the wages necessary - he is proud of his defiance of football norms regarding wages.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/da...12/mar/06/blackpool-karl-oyston-players-wages

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here