Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Adkins reported as trying to foil our plans, and keep Murphy at Sheff Utd.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember the number of times Bristol City said the same about Baldock last summer. It's up to Murphy really. If he wants to go, he probably will (even then there's no guarantee it will be us). If not, he won't.

Very good point. I'm sure their chairman did an interview and almost literally said Baldock is going nowhere... Just goes to show football is a load of bollocks and every player has a price, especially if they want to go..!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Remember the number of times Bristol City said the same about Baldock last summer. It's up to Murphy really. If he wants to go, he probably will (even then there's no guarantee it will be us). If not, he won't.
Yes. Good point. I hope we've sold the move to him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Adkins reported as trying to foil our plans, and keep Murphy at Sheff Utd.

Jamie has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave if they didn't get promotion. Sorry Mr Adkins, they didn't get promoted ''Clause Triggered''

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Swindon didn't want to let Gordon Greer go.
We didn't want to let Spanish Len go.
Etc etc etc.
These things are complicated! If Adkins wants him to stay and he is happy where he is, fair enough.
If we (or anybody else after him) can impress him, then it might make him want to move.
Maybe he has already made his mind up that he wants to go, Adkins is pi$$ing in the wind, and he is just looking to maximise the price.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Adkins is not stupid....Graceless - but not stupid.

He's unlikely to say he is happy to sell the player - much better to start off acting tough. That way he keeps fans happy and maximises the possible deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Jamie has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave if they didn't get promotion. Sorry Mr Adkins, they didn't get promoted ''Clause Triggered''
This I like. I hope a deal can be done.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Wouldnt Adkins know this or it just bluff from him.

Adkins knows this..................Jamie has told Sheff Utd he wants to leave he wants to improve himself and try playing at a higher level. He actually loves it there in Sheffield but he had hoped they would have went up last year. His girlfriend has just had a baby so he sees this as the perfect time to make the move if he wants to move up a division

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Adkins knows this..................Jamie has told Sheff Utd he wants to leave he wants to improve himself and try playing at a higher level. He actually loves it there in Sheffield but he had hoped they would have went up last year. His girlfriend has just had a baby so he sees this as the perfect time to make the move if he wants to move up a division

How do you know this? I think someone tagged you in the Iranian thread to see if any news on that too?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How do you know this? I think someone tagged you in the Iranian thread to see if any news on that too?

I know some people at the club but they keep things quite close to their chest so I don't know anything on the Iranian lad except that it is on-going. The reason I know about this one is that I know Jamie and I know people at Sheff Utd

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know some people at the club but they keep things quite close to their chest so I don't know anything on the Iranian lad except that it is on-going. The reason I know about this one is that I know Jamie and I know people at Sheff Utd

Interesting - thanks. How random that you know Jamie...!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Any update?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here