Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 57s
Liam Bridcutt has joined Sunderland on a three-and-a-half year deal from Brighton. #safc #bhafc :bigwave::bigwave:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Are you suggesting Liam did this? Strikes me as an honest pro who had his head turned and who can't have enjoyed the time. Where's the article about what clubs do to engineer player extraction?

To be fair, 4 of those seem to fit LB quite well after the initial interest unfortunately. Shame as people will look back on his time a little differently due to the last month.

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
He is not a judas, just an ambitious young man 10 years away from retirement. Good luck to him and I shall keep his framed, "team" signed shirt hanging on my wall.

I'd burn it, he's no hero of mine now, great player, but refusing to play and forcing a move with no respect
For fans or club is shameful. Complete :tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If I was Liam I'd have done the same thing.

We were never going to let him go if he was still firing on all cylinders...we didn't want to let him go under any circumstances. He had to show us definitively that he wanted out.

Wouldn't be surprised if we got an open letter once he's settled at Sunderland. Good luck to him.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
If I was Liam I'd have done the same thing.

We were never going to let him go if he was still firing on all cylinders...we didn't want to let him go under any circumstances. He had to show us definitively that he wanted out.

Wouldn't be surprised if we got an open letter once he's settled at Sunderland. Good luck to him.

We will probably never know the true ins and outs of this or any transfer but Liam did not just down tools and go on strike and only wanted to further his career, he see's that he can do that with Sunderland for now and good luck to him and thanks for the time and effort he put into our club while he was here. Cheers Liam, good luck for the future.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
To be fair, 4 of those seem to fit LB quite well after the initial interest unfortunately. Shame as people will look back on his time a little differently due to the last month.

Sadly yes.
When you look at how Barnes conducted himself and contrast it to Liam it is hard not to be disappointed.
Of course I wish him well but players are more than well paid compared to the vast majority of fans who follow their clubs so refusing to deliver their part of the "contract" leaves a bit of a nasty taste.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

Robbie sounds like a right spoilt cu*nt here smh He keeps saying 'at one club' seems hes used these poor tactics to leave nearly every club hes been at:

Stop communicating

'Clamming up and staying silent is a very effective tool. It was a tactic I adopted on occasion. Normally, I am a fun, happy-go-lucky guy, so if I stopped communicating, people knew straight away that something was up. I just wouldn't speak to anybody.
I'd train as normal but would leave as soon as it was over. I wouldn't stay for lunch and eat with my team-mates, I would simply disappear off home'

Make up newspaper stories

'Some players have friends in the media and make use of those contacts to get the move they want. I've called newspaper reporters I was close to and asked them to link me with this team or that team, even when I knew it wasn't true.
It helped get my name out there and flush out possible interest. It's harder to do that nowadays because the media often know what's true or not, but I called people I knew a few times and got them to make up a story.'

Use the media

'You can go one step further with the media and enlist the help of the television companies. When I wanted to put pressure on one manager, I arranged for a camera crew to meet me at the training ground when I knew everyone was enjoying a day off.
I wanted to give the impression I was being forced to train on my own.'

Undermine the manager

'It can be hard to do, but one sure way of losing the manager's backing is by not giving 100% in a match. I say it's hard to do because you're not just letting yourself down, you are letting your team-mates, fans and family down.
I only did it once and I'm not proud of my actions, but it felt like it was the only avenue left open to me. That was the point at which the manager knew he had lost me and there was nothing he could do to keep me.'

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Saw him at the Young Seagulls Christmas Party.
The only player not wearing Club colours.
The other players were mingling with the children and parents or Signing autographs at specific area's.
He walked round with his partner keeping a low profile.
Just like Gus, he clearly had fallen out of love with this club.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
robbie sounds like a right spoilt cu*nt here:

stop communicating

'clamming up and staying silent is a very effective tool. It was a tactic i adopted on occasion. normally, i am a fun, happy-go-lucky guy, so if i stopped communicating, people knew straight away that something was up. I just wouldn't speak to anybody.
I'd train as normal but would leave as soon as it was over. I wouldn't stay for lunch and eat with my team-mates, i would simply disappear off home'

make up newspaper stories

'some players have friends in the media and make use of those contacts to get the move they want. I've called newspaper reporters i was close to and asked them to link me with this team or that team, even when i knew it wasn't true.
it helped get my name out there and flush out possible interest. It's harder to do that nowadays because the media often know what's true or not, but i called people i knew a few times and got them to make up a story.'

[b]use the media
[/b]
'you can go one step further with the media and enlist the help of the television companies. when i wanted to put pressure on one manager, i arranged for a camera crew to meet me at the training ground when i knew everyone was enjoying a day off.
I wanted to give the impression i was being forced to train on my own.'

undermine the manager

'it can be hard to do, but one sure way of losing the manager's backing is by not giving 100% in a match. i say it's hard to do because you're not just letting yourself down, you are letting your team-mates, fans and family down.
i only did it once and i'm not proud of my actions, but it felt like it was the only avenue left open to me. That was the point at which the manager knew he had lost me and there was nothing he could do to keep me.'

smh

he is?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We move on. Six months ago the thought of Liam going seemed devastating.....then along came the prINCE........a few months ago losing Bridge seemed awful.....since then he has hardly featured for Reading..............11 months ago most were on the Gus bus......then along came Oscar.
We move on.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
We move on. Six months ago the thought of Liam going seemed devastating.....then along came the prINCE........a few months ago losing Bridge seemed awful.....since then he has hardly featured for Reading..............11 months ago most were on the Gus bus......then along came Oscar.
We move on.

What a superb post :thumbup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This has just been another stitch in the fabric of our history. The players and managers come and go, its us lot that are the heart of the club.

Cheerio Liam, I'll look you up one day in one of Tim Carder's books.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here