Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Quite.
I think a lot of us realised some time ago that Gustavo Poyet wasn't adverse to underhand tactics in his dealings as a football manager. He demonstrated quite clearly that his own future was more important than that of BHA. In the most important few weeks in our club's history, he decided to enter into talks with another club. He then tried to blackmail the board at BHA into paying him more money. He then offered his resignation, unsettled players with veiled suggestions that he would be gainfully employed elsewhere in the following season and then to cap it all, lost focus during the play-offs, failed to concentrate, threw childish hissy fits and potentially cost the club £100m. On top of that, he has now turned the head of our best player. Its affected his recent performances and thus, our team's performances. He has undermined us again.
But apart from all that..he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are posters on here who would have him back in a blink of an eye. The greatest manager in our history and we owe him everything.
Icy Gull is right...he's just a fecking weasel.

This is what I feel as well.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Do Sunderland want to get Bridcutt on the cheap, so they still have enough cash left over ( after signing Buckley ) to make a bid for Ulloa ? ???

Let's use up all their free funds on this one.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why is the initial bid reported as 2.5m, and the newer bid 2.3m. Do Sunderland not know how negotiations work, or has the payment plan changed or add ons, or did reporters round up the initial bid not realising the next increase was going to be tiny?

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Six months ago I would have been gutted if Bridcutt left. After his extended period out and the overall solid performance of the team despite injuries to (so called) key players I am more than happy if he wants to go. His performances since coming back have not been up to the standards of the Bridders of old but then why would they be if he is considered a move. Why risk an injury?

On top of that he is worth money and I think the club have the balls to hang out for the best possible price. He goes - we get one or two decent players with the money. Maybe not in this window, but definitely in the summer. Ince is doing a good enough job. It's not the end of the world.

In terms of how this seemingly inevitable move is panning out, I guess it's slightly disappointing on one level that he has put in a transfer request but frankly, all this righteous indignation about his loyalty is ridiculous. Can you honestly say that you would act differently? They guy has a chance of playing in the PL (albeit for just a few months baring miracles). He will get more money. He's been at the Albion for a good time, shown his mettle and deservedly ranks as our best player overall. Why shouldn't he move if he wants? Why should we begrudge him that?

I bet a large proportion of those that think Bridcutt is somehow disrespecting the club have behaved with far less integrity at points during their working life. Maybe they've found a new job and just dropped their old one. Nicked a load of customers going from one job to another. Asked for a pay rise then moved as soon as it comes. Pulled some sickies. Fiddled their expenses.

As far as I am concerned, pragmatism wins the day. If he wants to go let him go and get the best price. The rejected request is good for the club. It does not change my view of Bridcutt and the work he has done for this club.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Quite.
I think a lot of us realised some time ago that Gustavo Poyet wasn't adverse to underhand tactics in his dealings as a football manager. He demonstrated quite clearly that his own future was more important than that of BHA. In the most important few weeks in our club's history, he decided to enter into talks with another club. He then tried to blackmail the board at BHA into paying him more money. He then offered his resignation, unsettled players with veiled suggestions that he would be gainfully employed elsewhere in the following season and then to cap it all, lost focus during the play-offs, failed to concentrate, threw childish hissy fits and potentially cost the club £100m. On top of that, he has now turned the head of our best player. Its affected his recent performances and thus, our team's performances. He has undermined us again.
But apart from all that..he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are posters on here who would have him back in a blink of an eye. The greatest manager in our history and we owe him everything.

I'm very much moving to this view, but do still acknowledge that he transformed us from a poor L1 side into a good Championship side (with financial backing etc) and that was a real positive.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Quite.
But apart from all that..he's the greatest thing s ince sliced bread. There are posters on here who would have him back in a blink of an eye. The greatest manager in our history and we owe him everything.

:lolol: going to have to give a thumbs up for that post when back on the pc

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Quite.
In the most important few weeks in our club's history, he decided to enter into talks with another club. .

When was this as I seem to have missed this?

It certainly wasn't the 1991 play-off, the end of the 1997 season, when we were taken over by Knight or when we got permission for Falmer.

It wasn't even around the time of the fairly important play-off semi-final against Palace was it?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
By the sound of his comments then it seems we're being petty and childish. Do one Poyet you slut.

Alternatively Poyet knows we won't take any crap from him. If he wants to make cheap comments then that says more about him than The Albion. Wouldn't be entirely surprising.

Bridcutt is our employee. We are entitled to play hardball for the best deal we can get. Doesn't mean we won't sell him.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Quite.

Bingo. Unfortunately... :glare:

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Alternatively Poyet knows we won't take any crap from him. If he wants to make cheap comments then that says more about him than The Albion. Wouldn't be entirely surprising.

Bridcutt is our employee. We are entitled to play hardball for the best deal we can get. Doesn't mean we won't sell him.

Totally agree and yes you're right that we'll sell Bridcutt to Poyet but only if he matches our asking price. Poyet must think he can just walk in, throw some pennies on the floor and take who he wants. He's very mistaken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here