Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 1m
Further to media reports today, we can confirm the club has rejected a transfer request from Liam Bridcutt. #BHAFC http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/liam-bridcutt-update-1282769.aspx
In Bloom We Trust :thumbsup:

And I should think so too.

Breaking news on Sky Sports now.

Does that mean it's truer?

And Talksport

Maybe not.

According to SSN just now, Brighton have refused bridcutts transfer request!

SHITTHEBED!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
2aed664b26.jpg

YOUR MOVE

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think this is the only response they can give.

So Sunderland, if you really want him, then how much are you willing to bid?

It's only dead when Sunderland tell us what their final offer is and we say no or yes.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think this is the only response they can give.

So Sunderland, if you really want him, then how much are you willing to bid?

It's only dead when Sunderland tell us what their final offer is and we say no or yes.

All that - plus if another club come in sharpish & are willing to pay an amount of dosh that we can't refuse.

It's all got very interesting all of a sudden. :wink:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Wonder why Oscar is so quiet in all of this? When there was talk of clubs sniffing around Buckley and Bridcutt last season Gus was quick to state that only Real Madrid could afford Bridders and Buckley would cost more than Zaha. The rumours quickly went away, an example of a manager putting his arms around his players and categorically denying they were for sale. Oscar doesn't say a word. Maybe he's not bothered if they go?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Wonder why Oscar is so quiet in all of this? When there was talk of clubs sniffing around Buckley and Bridcutt last season Gus was quick to state that only Real Madrid could afford Bridders and Buckley would cost more than Zaha. The rumours quickly went away, an example of a manager putting his arms around his players and categorically denying they were for sale. Oscar doesn't say a word. Maybe he's not bothered if they go?

I don't think he rates them as highly as Gus. I think he rates them, but he doesn't rave about them.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Gus will obviously be desperate to play him this weekend and this will be key to our bargaining power as time is really on our side, not Gus’s.

What we could do?

Tell Gus he can take him this week for the £2.5m on the agreement that a further £1m will be paid at the end of the season.

or

Drag out the negotiation until the end of the transfer window and settle for the final offer on the last day, or until our price is fully met, whilst also trying to generate interest and competition for him from other clubs.

In the meantime Bloom can lend the club a short term £3.5m loan for Oscar to get the players he wants so the money for Bridcutt isn’t an immediate concern for our own transfer business.

Hopefully we will have some good news of our own soon and this sideshow will be forgotten.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm glad they've refused his request. Bridcutt has been brilliant for us, I hope he feels ok waiting just a bit longer before playing in the premier league, or playing for Gus - he doesn't have to wait long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here