Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yes, but Liverpool are now paying the consequences keeping a player that clearly doesn't want to be there.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think the difference between a player and normal work (such as a pub manager) is that the the assistant pub manager has not hapilly signed a long term contract which usually secures a hefty pay rise in the process. It has an end date at which the player can either renew with their existing club or seek an alternative with a signing on fee. It is all so geared up to the players these days and I think that this is the cause of the ill feeling when this sort of thing happens. A pub manager would simply serve notice in line with their contract and move on and has therefore not broken or attempted to break the agreement.

So you don't agree with the transfer system?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Good luck Liam, but you'll be playing Championship football again next season.
What annoys me most is the continual lies Poyet spouts about this having nothing to do with him....yeah right.
Rohan Ince is an up & coming midfielder & regular starts will make home even better
My main concern is TK is he out of contract soon? If he his get him re-signed 5 year deal, get KA & PB out and buy another good reliable keeper to back TK

Why do you want Kemy to leave and who is PB?
Brez/Ankergren are fine back-up for Koosh. Walton is the long-term solution.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I know a few people were asking about what happend when someone puts in a transfer request so I looked into it myself. Seems it has to be a written request. I can't say where I got it, but I managed to get a copy of the one Liam put into the club. Quite interesting.

Attachments

• ay6gi1.jpg
    ay6gi1.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 513
  • 29blcmv.jpg
    29blcmv.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why do you want Kemy to leave and who is PB?

Kasper and Brez I think. However, Brez has shown that he is a decent enough replacement for the few occasions that TK is injured; any better keeper would not be happy sitting on the bench for 40+ games a season. Not to mention the fact that it'd be a waste of wages.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
They've got 14 points in 20 games. 4 or 5 points is massive for them. They have 18 games left and need at least 22 points you would think. It will be a dramatic escape if they make it. I think Gus can improve them, but survival is asking a lot. Fulham have actually picked up 9 pts in their last 6 games, compared to 6 from Sunderland. I think Fulham and Norwich will just have enough. I'll stick my neck out and suggest by the end of February, we're looking at more like a 4 team fight to stay up between Sunderland, WHU, CP and Cardiff.

Would agree with this assessment except it depends on who moves elsewhere during the transfer window. I still think Fulham and Norwich are vulnerable, it could depend on injuries. Don't forget Muzza will soon be back fit for Palace.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now reflect on why Gus would want Liam to hand in a transfer request.

Reflect on this, reflect on that. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference to Gus one way or the other. Sunderland will make their bids, and once the clubs reach a consensus on the fee then they'll thrash out a deal with Bridcutt and his agent. His transfer request is neither here nor there in the great scheme of things - all it does is publically ratify his position that he wants to move to a club in the PL this month - something he has made no secret of in the past anyway. Gus doesn't need Liam to hand in a transfer request to help push this through, it'll happen anyway if Sunderland meet our asking price.

We all knew Liam would be offski if anyone came in with a decent bid that TB deemed acceptable. And with 18 months to go on his contract, now is the right time to sell to get a decent fee for him.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Lol how embarrassing. 10000 posts and been here for over ten years and can't work out that PB is Brez. Awks.

Who refers to Brez as PB? PB is Paul Barber in NSC-world.
And I should know that, having made 10,000 posts in 11 years.

'Awks'. 'Lol'.
Yeah, it's me who should be embarrassed.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Who refers to Brez as PB? PB is Paul Barber in NSC-world.
And I should know that, having made 10,000 posts in 11 years.

'Awks'. 'Lol'.
Yeah, it's me who should be embarrassed.

Sorry, I'll take my youngster talk out of here and leave you big men to it shall I?

Imagine insinuating someone should be embarrassed for saying 'lol'.

Imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here