Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hope you're both right, but the unhappy player thing will be used by bidders for his services IMHO.

A players mood does not dictate his value.

We are not a selling club any more. He's not going anywhere until or unless Sunderland or anyone else meet our valuation.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A players mood does not dictate his value.

We are not a selling club any more. He's not going anywhere until or unless Sunderland or anyone else meet our valuation.

Again I hope you're right, but we'll see, or probably we won't, since the fee will no doubt be undisclosed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Again I hope you're right, but we'll see, or probably we won't, since the fee will no doubt be undisclosed.

I'm just not sure why you think a player agitating for a move would result in driving down his price to the buying club.

Do you think TB will knock a few grand off for Gus, just because Liam's had his head turned ?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
No, the last thing the club needs is to let him go for less than his value simply because he has handed in a transfer request.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
JCL Question time:

Can someone who actually knows please explain what a Transfer Request actually is? People seem to treat them as though they're somehow binding and the fact that Bridcutt has handed one in now means he is now guaranteed to be leaving us shortly. My understanding is that Bridcutt has just stated to the club that he would prefer to leave, but since he is under contract to us this should be completely irrelevant and we should not let his opinions factor into our negotiations.

I'm puzzled by people saying that the fact he has handed in a TR means we won't get as much money for him now, again I just can't understand why that would be?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Best if luck to one of the most talented players we have ever had. Anyone who things he is a 'judas' or 'not that good' needs their head examining.

Ray666

Aug 18, 2013
Good luck Liam, but you'll be playing Championship football again next season.
What annoys me most is the continual lies Poyet spouts about this having nothing to do with him....yeah right.
Rohan Ince is an up & coming midfielder & regular starts will make home even better
My main concern is TK is he out of contract soon? If he his get him re-signed 5 year deal, get KA & PB out and buy another good reliable keeper to back TK

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
JCL Question time:

Can someone who actually knows please explain what a Transfer Request actually is? People seem to treat them as though they're somehow binding and the fact that Bridcutt has handed one in now means he is now guaranteed to be leaving us shortly. My understanding is that Bridcutt has just stated to the club that he would prefer to leave, but since he is under contract to us this should be completely irrelevant and we should not let his opinions factor into our negotiations.

I'm puzzled by people saying that the fact he has handed in a TR means we won't get as much money for him now, again I just can't understand why that would be?

They notify the club officially that they want to leave. Which clubs can respond to either by thinking they'll cut their losses rather than risk having an unhappy player sulking in the corner, or they tell the player to poke it and man up.

The theory that a club would get less money comes from the fact that buying clubs know the other club may be keener to sell rather than take the risk already outlined above, and so might accept a lower offer just to get the player off the books while the window is open.

Obviously the player is under contract, so if the club does decide to play hardball, in theory they could insist the player stayed until the contract term was up. But realistically, who wants to keep paying out wages to someone who's sat in the stand with the hump, or out on the pitch playing badly?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If he is going, that is sad, but if it is going to happen I would like it to be as soon as possible. However, I assume that the club are already weighing up who is available to use the cash on before deciding whether he can go, and will only agree to him going if there are good purchases to be made with the cash.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
They notify the club officially that they want to leave. Which clubs can respond to either by thinking they'll cut their losses rather than risk having an unhappy player sulking in the corner, or they tell the player to poke it and man up.

The theory that a club would get less money comes from the fact that buying clubs know the other club may be keener to sell rather than take the risk already outlined above, and so might accept a lower offer just to get the player off the books while the window is open.

Obviously the player is under contract, so if the club does decide to play hardball, in theory they could insist the player stayed until the contract term was up. But realistically, who wants to keep paying out wages to someone who's sat in the stand with the hump, or out on the pitch playing badly?

All of that but also officially requesting a move means that the player is no longer entitled to the loyalty payment from their contract.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
All of that but also officially requesting a move means that the player is no longer entitled to the loyalty payment from their contract.

Cheers.

The fact that Murray handed in 2(?) and we didn't sell him leads me to believe that Bridcutt's will make little difference to the final outcome.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I agree, Husty. I do think he will leave though. But only once Sunderland match the club's valuation.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cheers.

The fact that Murray handed in 2(?) and we didn't sell him leads me to believe that Bridcutt's will make little difference to the final outcome.

Murray handed in a couple of transfer requests which the club turned down , the reason he didn't leave might be down to the fact no northern clubs came to his rescue because he wanted to return up north at the time.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It always amazes me when people can knock a player who wants to improve his career. If you worked as an Asst Mgr in a small pub and someone offered you more money to become an Asst Mgr or Mgr in a bigger pub MOST people would take it and say they deserved it as they've worked hard to clearly demonstrate they are worthy of progression. It's 100% the same with a footballer, simple question, Mr Bridcutt do you want to earn say £10k a week or £20k a week? Do you want to play for a Premiership club or a Championship club? Forget the end of the season, if he plays well he'll be snapped up as Sunderland look to reduce costs or he'll be playing back in the championship ON MORE MONEY FFS!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good luck Liam, but you'll be playing Championship football again next season.

Do you honestly believe that? Genuine question.

Sunderland are only 4 points from safety with a better goal difference than Fulham who are only 5 points above them. Poyet will keep them up partly down to him making them difficult to beat now and partly down to the fact that there are some crap teams at the foot of the Premier League. It's going to be a 7 team fight to stay up and I think Sunderland will survive along with Palace. Unfortunately.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All this 'lack of preparation' and 'turning up late' stuff, is there any actual evidence to support this? I often hear it mentioned, but I've never actually heard any facts about it. Of course I could have missed something so I'm not necessarily doubting it, but has it been proven?

He was allegedly seen by 3 different people, turning up around 7pm - from the window of 1901 lounge (it was being discussed at half-time). Now of course he may have left something in his car, so I guess there is a slight assumption. Preparation wise, fair enough - you can only argue what is on the pitch and as you say they could have had an 'off-night'. Demeanour wise though, it surely cannot be in doubt that his mind was elsewhere. Last evening he was very animated on the touchline for Sunderland and certainly was not like that for us versus Palace.

Incidentally this is not a 'get-at' Gus thing, who I believe deserves respect for what he achieved....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports