Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So if Tony agrees on the proviso that he gets a bit more money from Sunderland and Gus cannot afford him would it be fair to say that he has hit the roof at Sunderland?

Last edited:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If the price is right & the money is put to good use then fair enough.
I don't think we should start giving him a hard time because he has put a transfer request in.
I'm sure many people are thinking why Sunderland because they will be in the championship next season.

They will probably double his wages
He has seen the emergence of ince & realises he is no longer the golden boy
He has had his agent in his ear about playing in the premier league
It is nearer to Scotland
Which team has more chance of being in the premier league next season

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Bridcutt was Poyets project... His blank canvas so to speak, a raw talented midfielder who was moulded to play a very specific role in Gus's team.

That role doesn't exist in Oscar's team... Bridcutt was the metronome in Gus's team, slowing the pace down and controlling the game - Oscar plays with a higher tempo and attacks quicker, therefore Bridcutt is dare I say it either surplus to requirements, or has to change his game.

Clearly Liam knows this, and the games he has played show that he hasn't been able to adapt yet. Therefore his choices are to attempt to adapt here under Garcia, or go to Sunderland where he can play exactly as he did before, under the manager who moulded him.

It's a no brainer really for both BHA and Liam, the only sticking point is the fee, and I trust the club to get as much as possible.

This

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Liam!

We picked you out, we shook you up
And turned you around
Turned you into someone new
Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet
Success has been so easy for you
But don't forget it's us who put you where you are now
And we can put you back down too.

No disrespect intended GR, obviously a soft spot for him as we all have,
but think you left a G out before us in the 6th line, it would make more sense to me

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Guess it must be bunkum then!
I think that the perceived wisdom is that our top earners are on somewhere between £10k - £15k a week. We'll never know for sure but as stated above, the overall wage bill gives a good indication.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Liam is no judas.

He has done well for us and a move to the premiership is overdue.

I wish him luck, I think going to Sunderland and Gus would be great for him. A good move.

If we get a decent fee which enables us to strengthen then I will be happy.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No disrespect intended GR, obviously a soft spot for him as we all have,
but think you left a G out before us in the 6th line, it would make more sense to me

The whole point of the lyrics, as in the original, is that they express wishful thinking, denying a shift in power that has undoubtedly taken place.

I think that the perceived wisdom is that our top earners are on somewhere between £10k - £15k a week. We'll never know for sure but as stated above, the overall wage bill gives a good indication.

I think this is far closer the mark tbh. Also on ssn they were saying that scumderland hadn't had any offers for Fletcher yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports