Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is that outmost profitable ever bit of business?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He can focus off with the attitude he's shown lately.
If our club had the feeling we'd be getting £4m for Bridcutt in this window (due to the conversations they'd already had with Sunderland), would our club want to play him for a couple more games, and risk him getting injured?

Nathan Jones said Bridcutt had been great recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if the 'not focused' line was untrue.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The lazy approach is a Google search or get the FACTS from North Stand Chat.:lolol:

The problem with NSC is that it's full of speculation and badly researched stories written by people who are craving attention, have an agenda and usually turn out to be completely wrong in the long run.

I'd much rather get my information from a reputable source. Say a national newspaper. Like the Daily Express or something. That ought to do it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It's not exactly hush hush news. If you've heard the fee surely you can tell? Or shall we guess? 3mil plus add ons to 4mil...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You have to say that Gus has done us proud here. First he signed Liam who has given us some great performances. Then he takes him off our hands for £3m at a time when it appears we no longer need him. Perfect transaction. I wonder if Bloom will send him a bottle of the good stuff to thank him.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I'm actually quite interested to see how TB deals with all this. Is he the cool headed negotiater that no one should ever want to lock horns with? According to some on here he is....

I'd see 3.5m+ as good business, 3m acceptable and any less would be a disappointment!

Has this got anything to do with TB? I thought players and player budgets were the responsibility of the Director of Football Operations and they only inform the chairman as a matter of courtesy.

TB is not hands on every day like DK was he has employed experienced professionals in the important roles and trusts in them to do the job they are paid to do, reporting back to the board and then justifying what they have done if they require them to do so.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
5Live now reporting that he is his way for a medical at Sunderland and claiming its a fee of £3m.

SSN Tweet confirming £2.5 million transfer agreed.

Also Phil McNulty on BBC Site 2.5 - 3 mill.

12:30 Phil McNulty
BBC Sport
Football
Sunderland manager Gus Poyet will be delighted to finally get his hands on his former Brighton midfield man Liam Bridcutt. I attended a few Poyet press conferences at Brighton and it was never a surprise when he turned the conversation to Bridcutt.

He was always glowing in his assessment and made it very clear this was a player he felt could flourish in the Premier League. Poyet now gets the chance to prove his theory - and will hope his new signing can keep The Black Cats in the top flight for next season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Talk sport saying the fee is approximately 4m, I think this is about right if you include add ons maybe 2.5 - 3m up front

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Since it was widely reported that we turned down a £2.5M bid from Sunderland prior to LB's transfer request, I would be a little surprised if 4 weeks worth of negotiations haven't changed anything .

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
SSN Tweet confirming £2.5 million transfer agreed.

nojWx.gif

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Perhaps an upfront fee the additional add ons. Now they have a realistic chance of staying up maybe thats worth another few quid if they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here