Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Why not?

Barnes is benchwarming at Burnley, primarily because he 'didn't feel wanted' in his own words. This isn't the same dynamic at all, he needed another club and Oscar plainly wasn't sure, so losing playing motivation wasn't an option for him, he had to prove himself to both parties to keep his options open; rather like an underperforming salesperson/employee. Liam is performing at a higher level and is/was wanted by both parties, so I can totally understand where he is at.

Barnes didnt feel wanted as burnley probably paying him DOUBLE to sit on their bench.

He will be sold in the summer.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Are you telling me people who work in the industry won't know how much the deal is worth? Of course they will it's their business to find out.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I left a bit off my post. I do think we have missed him and if he was fit and on form we might have had a few more points, like three instead of one at Burnley. I don't think he is irrepaceable, but it will be difficult. Dale Stephens seems more like the Forster-Caskey/Crofts position, a more difficult position to play requiring a better player. I am nor sure what we are going to do about the free kicks which have not been good enough this season.

I agree. We should have got something out of the recent game at Derby and IMHO missed Bridcutt protecting the back four. I'm sure he would have denied Bamford the space for that opening. Bridders was so commanding last season and rarely had a bad game, which is why he has attracted so much transfer speculation. I hope he does well in the Prem, pity it won't be with us!

Ok Bridcutt is history and we need to move on but he was a class above and won't be easy to replace in the short term. OK we've had Keith Andrews on loan but he isn't a long term solution. It will be interesting to see who gets to play alongside Ince.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are you telling me people who work in the industry won't know how much the deal is worth? Of course they will it's their business to find out.

The lazy approach is a Google search or get the FACTS from North Stand Chat.:lolol:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We have effectively got to the fringes of the playoffs without him this season. Life goes on so pocket the cash.

Don't you miss the days when you knew what the fees were? I know there are good reasons for keeping things undisclosed but it was just so much more interesting when you knotweed how much cash was charging hands.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Rumour mill getting into full swing on Liam's Wiki page;

On 30/01/14 It was reported that a $675 billion dollar deal is in place with NASA and that Bridcutt will be sent on a pioneering exploratory mission to the hostile surface of Venus, subject to a medical on Thursday 30/01/14.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
We have effectively got to the fringes of the playoffs without him this season. Life goes on so pocket the cash.

Don't you miss the days when you knew what the fees were? I know there are good reasons for keeping things undisclosed but it was just so much more interesting when you knotweed how much cash was charging hands.

I've not used the word 'knotweed' before but I'm going to now!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Absolutely. I don't understand the need for everything to be 'undisclosed' these days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why not?

Barnes is benchwarming at Burnley, primarily because he 'didn't feel wanted' in his own words. This isn't the same dynamic at all, he needed another club and Oscar plainly wasn't sure, so losing playing motivation wasn't an option for him, he had to prove himself to both parties to keep his options open; rather like an underperforming salesperson/employee. Liam is performing at a higher level and is/was wanted by both parties, so I can totally understand where he is at.

Barnes was offered a contract and chose not to sign it, it would surely have been easier to "lose focus" as he already knew Burnley wanted him? Bridcutt had a fair amount of his contract to run and there are plenty of players who have kept going until the transfer went through. We'll have to agree to differ here, there is no right or wrong just different expectations.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
NEVER forget.

liam.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thanks for the memories Liam , just glad all this shites over to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here