Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Sell Liam, not a problem to me as long as we get a good price.

The concerns this window for me are we dont sell Ulloa and then getting Ince signed up by the end of the season.
That's about right....Bridders we have cover for...if we sold Ulloa who could we afford to replace him?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
It helps with the deal, Bridcutt will now lose out on what he would have been entitled to be paid for the remainder of his contract with us which would have had to have been factored into the transfer fee.

Yeah, Bloom probably said look hand in a request if you want to leave so we dont have to pay out your contract, and we will try make it happen, I suspect it was amicable.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
how can we put him 'back down'? we're utterly powerless. He just takes our money and sods off somewhere better at the first opportunity (much like any other player would if their talent allowed).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I find it all quite interesting and certainly nothing to worry about. If Bloom realises that letting LB go is best all round then he will get a good screw from Sunderland. If he tells LB that he is here for the rest of the season then that's ok as well as long as LB takes the Elliot Bennett attitude knowing he can go in the summer. Will he want to then though ? Rowan Ince won't mind any of this either and within a year might be even better than LB. I wish I was party to all the bluff and counter bluff that goes on behind the scenes though.
My guess........ He'll go for between 3 and 3.5. Anything higher than that and Bloom has won another big pot.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What rubbish,! did you say the same a year ago when he was player of the season and yes Ince has potential but that is what it is at the moment great potential

It's just a shame that Bridcutt isn't behaving like a player of the season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He thinks he might get to be in the League Cup Final but he forgot that he came on for 6 mins. against Newport :(

Really? Where does it say that?
I think he wants to play in the Premier League. Sunderland haven't qualified for the final yet.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Bridcutt is under contract to us, if we decide to sell him to another club then we have to pay the remainder of his contract up, why should he lose out on his agreed contract just cause we have decided to sell him to another interested club.

if he asks to leave however, we dont.

Contracts in other business don't work this way, they are "novated".
You only need to pay up a contract if the person is subsequently "unemployed" - like we terminated his contract and no one else wanted him.

This may help explain better: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novation

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
long as we get good dosh for him - meh. As others have said, Ince has come on leaps and bounds this term and Andrews is also a good short-term option.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Whilst Gus left in acrimony he will forever be respected and remembered by the loyal fans for what he did for the club. With back to back POTS awards Liam has earned our respect & appreciation too.

Those suggesting they will boo them when they return to The Amex at some stage are pathetic and seriously need to grow up!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think I've seen anyone say they will boo Bridcutt. I certainly wouldn't. He's been a good player for us in three decent seasons, but he has also ensured there will be no long-term affection for him at the Albion by submitting a transfer request and playing several recent matches so clearly without 100% commitment. That's fine, he leaves with no strong feelings either way.

Gus is fair game. While only a fool would deny he did a very good job for a time, there are also several very serious issues blotting his copybook. Like it or not, he will get dog's abuse when he comes to The Amex.

from some

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here