Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I couldn't believe it at the end of the interview when the interviewer said " You'll have to mind yourself in Brighton. " and they all start sniggering like 5 year olds. Pathetic.

Brian Lenihan didn't though, he just said that he'd liked playing at the Amex, good on him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Always look on the bright side of life? No. We simply can't compete with Premier League teams with signings, no Championship club can. The life of Brian will continue in Hull or Barnsley sadly. He is not our new messiah, he is a very naughty boy!
Its about his progression as a youngster,coming here is a much better option than hull or burnley.
Also we have a vacant right back spot available next season probably and he may well get it:)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Looks like he removed the tweet about coming to Brighton. Bad news or just his club / agent telling him it was not something he should be posting.

You sure it was his tweet or was it a quote from a newspaper article?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hopefully, he wont be getting any Tweets from Albion fans either. There are a handful that can't be trusted to make helpful interaction on those pages. I remember Diego Poyet getting grief about Gus.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This could go either way. Yes, Hull and/or Burnley have the Premier League. But, there is a very strong possibility that we'll have a first choice right back vacancy come the end of the season so he may well get first team football a lot quicker here. We also have the amazing training facilities, which may not bother a lot of people but for young players it is probably a bit more of a factor. Hope he signs for us but would fully understand why he'd go to a Premier League club.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This could go either way. Yes, Hull and/or Burnley have the Premier League. But, there is a very strong possibility that we'll have a first choice right back vacancy come the end of the season so he may well get first team football a lot quicker here. We also have the amazing training facilities, which may not bother a lot of people but for young players it is probably a bit more of a factor. Hope he signs for us but would fully understand why he'd go to a Premier League club.

If he's as good as people say he is he'll be our RB by the end of September (if he signs).

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Was at the Amex today apparently. Word is that we should know tomorrow or Wednesday.

Must have gone Okay yesterday if he is at the Amex today, still have to wait and see though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If he's as good as people say he is he'll be our RB by the end of September (if he signs).

I'd did find myself wondering how good he really is. Obviously, he is talented, but it appears that none of the most powerful clubs have followed up their interest.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Was at the Amex today apparently. Word is that we should know tomorrow or Wednesday.

Must have gone Okay yesterday if he is at the Amex today, still have to wait and see though.

The player mentioned on twitter that he was flying to England on Sunday.
So I would have thought today was the 1st opportunity both sides had to meet and see the ground/training centre.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The player mentioned on twitter that he was flying to England on Sunday.
So I would have thought today was the 1st opportunity both sides had to meet and see the ground/training centre.

Think he said meeting with Brighton on Sunday though?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think he said meeting with Brighton on Sunday though?

He said about coming over here on Sunday but not what day the meeting was (never saw the apparent tweet and this is only source I found)
http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articl...ms-to-come-through-as-cork-accept-second-bid/

With Cork City confirming they have accepted a bid from a second club, Lenihan’s destination remains unclear as the player confirmed he will be meeting Brighton shortly.

“Sunday I think, going to be heading over to meet with Brighton, I’m not really sure how it will go.”

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1409000932.739731.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1409000932.739731.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 1,020

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here