Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hmmm I would think that the lure of premiership, more money and one of his mates being at hull already will overcome our superior stadium and training facilities. Let's face it footballers aren't renowned for making intelligent decisions or understanding the concept of deferred gratification.

Does the lure of a premiership reserve squad outweigh that of a championship 1st team squad though? And, although I don't usually get into any north/south divide crap, Brighton is far nicer than Hull.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Does the lure of a premiership reserve squad outweigh that of a championship 1st team squad though? And, although I don't usually get into any north/south divide crap, Brighton is far nicer than Hull.

i obviously agree with you just not sure your average footballer has the intelligence to see it but i hope he proves me wrong

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
He comes across as an intelligent and well balanced young man, who will make a considered decision based on what is best for his career. I am hoping he is a Liverpool fan whose hero is one Sami Hyppia and what ever happens he had the courtesy to speak before making his choice.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
CORK City’s Brian Lenihan is expected to announce his decision on whether to join an English club by tomorrow morning, the club have confirmed.

The 20-year-old midfielder is currently in England where he is holding talks with two English clubs that have had offers accepted by Cork City.

The Irish Post understands that one of those clubs is Brighton & Hove Albion, although when contacted a spokesman for Brighton would not confirm that they were speaking with Lenihan.

Cork City would also not reveal who they had agreed a fee with, however they did tell the Irish Post: “We expect a decision to be reached by tomorrow morning, a move is imminent.”

Other clubs reported to have been interested in signing Lenihan over the summer include Premier League teams Hull City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Aston Villa.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I am hoping for a live Sky Sports News press conference today where Brian opens an envelope to reveal his decision, a bit like when they do the World Cup bids!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I am hoping for a live Sky Sports News press conference today where Brian opens an envelope to reveal his decision, a bit like when they do the World Cup bids!!

If it was a FIFA decision then there would have been motorway service stations and large brown envelopes involved.

Dec 29, 2011
WA last night said we wouldn't spend a lot of money to get a player for the development squad. Does he know something we don't? To be fair he also said we didn't need to be signing 20 year olds because this is the only season that counts (I'm pretty sure he said that, can anyone confirm?) which sounds mighty odd.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
WA last night said we wouldn't spend a lot of money to get a player for the development squad. Does he know something we don't? To be fair he also said we didn't need to be signing 20 year olds because this is the only season that counts (I'm pretty sure he said that, can anyone confirm?) which sounds mighty odd.

If he's as good as they say he is, I doubt Lenihan would be development squad. It's our main chance over Hull as presumably he would be there.

If he fulfils his potential, I'd see him as alternating with Calde/Bruno this year and then being our main right back from next season onwards.

Anyway Aspinall's talking rubbish as we paid for Walton among others. I think we'd be more likely to do that now with the facilities we've got.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

yes he said something like that which i thought was complete bollocks at the time. he obviously knows football but he clearly isn't einstein

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here