Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brezovan: The Opportunity to Chastise/Abuse/Slate

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I'd like to see Walton on the bench in future and if not then if Kooshack gets injured then put an outfield player in goal, no one can be as incompetent as Coco and his mate.

Aug 23, 2011
Experts, how funny.

I could have saved that, and I haven't played in goal for 15 years.
And I certainly wouldn't have stood and watched the first goal go in.

If I managed a team where my keeper did that, he'd be out by Tuesday.

probably why you're not a football manager then eh?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why is Brezovan getting ALL the blame for the goal which was almost entirely Forster-Caskey's fault?

(I say almost, as Upson and Ince take a share too, for letting Davies easily win the original header).

JFC's part in it was a shocker. Showed absolutely no bollocks whatsoever. should have headed that off the line, no trouble at all.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Annoyingly midway through the second half, there was an identical corner and Brez made a great catch!!! Watch the replay, he was deliberately blocked out for the first leaving him in no man's land. The second despite being impeded by the Hull striker who was played on side by the deflection hit his leg and went sky high which on another occasion would have gone over the bar. Why do we have players positioned on either post? To stop that type of goal, even if it means giving away a penalty and being sent off.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Brez's performance was an insult to the manager's faith, his colleague's effort, and the fans' dedication. Not only is he an awful goalkeeper, he looked like he really didn't want to be there.

Why, when he played second fiddle to Kasper, does he start ANY game. This was up there with the Stoke performance, and I didn't think I'd see that again.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Why is Brezovan getting ALL the blame for the goal which was almost entirely Forster-Caskey's fault?

(I say almost, as Upson and Ince take a share too, for letting Davies easily win the original header).

JFC's part in it was a shocker. Showed absolutely no bollocks whatsoever. should have headed that off the line, no trouble at all.

Always thought you have your tallest players on the line and not some short midfield player.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
A sh1t back-up goalkeeper. He gets my back up! Stood there like a pussy for the first goal. My son shows more balls than that in goal and he is 11.

Agree my lad is 8 and plays in goal and he said when Hulls first went in "why didn't he come for the cross and then why didn't he dive for the header" my reply got me told off by the wife

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Absolute rubbish, he made basic errors with that goal. First he came off his line for a ball he could never have reached, and when he got back he stopped and watched the ball go in without a fight or raising his hands above his waste.

brezhowler.jpg

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He didn't play against Arsenal, that was Casper and we didn't lost because of him - we lost because Arsenals subs were too strong for us.

But don't let that stop the over the top abuse......

I must have imagined Casper flapping the ball straight to Walcott for their winner five minutes from time then.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Absolute rubbish, he made basic errors with that goal. First he came off his line for a ball he could never have reached, and when he got back he stopped and watched the ball go in without a fight or raising his hands above his waste.

View attachment 51542

Going by that picture he looks a right gormless clown with his hands down beside his side.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Brez chose the wrong time to have an iffy game. So far this seaso, when called upon Brez has been great

A deflection and and offside goal...........

Agree. In the past Brez has given us cause for concern, but when called upon this season he has done well. Last night I thought he was partly at fault for the first goal, he should have done more to try and reach the ball. The second he didn't really have a chance not only offside but a wrong-footing deflection. The rest of the game he had very little to do.

The blame (lest the desire to point the finger go unfulfilled) really lies with the 10players in front of him who couldn't trap a bag of cement in the first half, this resulted in Hull having free reign to attack at will whilst we failed to create a chance worthy of note.

Once the outfield players got their act together (and credit to them for not folding) we got ourselves back in it and Brez had very little to do.

FWIW I do not see Brez as a future starter for the Albion should PIG leave in the summer, but neither do I think he is a sh*t keeper. He's perfectly capable but I would suggest not capable enough to match our aspirations.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I must have imagined Casper flapping the ball straight to Walcott for their winner five minutes from time then.

The defence have way to Walcott so easily and Casper was left in no mans land - Kooshack wouldn't have done any better. Wilshere and Walcott ran rings around us when they came on - it wasn't Caspers fault we lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here