Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brezovan: The Opportunity to Chastise/Abuse/Slate

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Then i should have listened to everything he said..this is the bit on the bbc website
''We didn't come out of the blocks in the first half. We didn't play with any real intensity.
We didn't show up. That wasn't an Albion performance in the first half. It felt like a bit of an anti-climax, the way we played, especially after what we'd done in the first game against them.''

Believe me i was getting grief on here last night for being positive :)

I think Jones was just being professional in the way he spoke, and was never going to say "If it wasn't for Brezovan's mistake we wouldn't have lost confidence" :shrug: And yes it was an anti climax.

He did also say that both goals were poor so he knew where it went tits up and the affect it had on the game. I felt that the players gave it their best shot under difficult circumstances.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Take away conceding the 2 goals, Brezovan actually played pretty well. He kept a clean sheet!

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I feel a bit sorry for Brezovan when he plays, everyone knows he is a liability. Any opposition MUST know that he is good for a goal, or two. Even he looks genuinely surprised when he keeps clean sheet. I couldn't believe we didn't get rid after he shipped 5 away at Stoke in FA Cup a few years ago. I don't think that I have ever seen a goalkeeper look so physically shaken/mentally broken.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I feel a bit sorry for Brezovan when he plays, everyone knows he is a liability. Any opposition MUST know that he is good for a goal, or two. Even he looks genuinely surprised when he keeps clean sheet. I couldn't believe we didn't get rid after he shipped 5 away at Stoke in FA Cup a few years ago. I don't think that I have ever seen a goalkeeper look so physically shaken/mentally broken.

I think you were the mentally broken one. When did he concede FIVE at Stoke?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Perhaps he wasn't shipped out because we never conceded 5 against stoke with him in goal. We conceded 3. And that was when Stoke were TWO divisions above us, very well versed in scoring goals from throw ins against top Premier League opponents, and we were fielding a largely second string league one side.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Given that Brez is now second choice Ankergren must be having a mare in training. How is the youngster doing? Is he ready to step up to second choice next season (assuming PiG stays)?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Given that Brez is now second choice Ankergren must be having a mare in training. How is the youngster doing? Is he ready to step up to second choice next season (assuming PiG stays)?

I think it's more that ankergren (who was in goal for the 3-1 loss to league two Newport county) was injured when kuszczak got injured, so brezovan had to be used, and he performed well, (as he does, for a time, until he has a bad performance). I wouldn't be surprised to see ankergren back on the bench Saturday.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Perhaps he wasn't shipped out because we never conceded 5 against stoke with him in goal. We conceded 3. And that was when Stoke were TWO divisions above us, very well versed in scoring goals from throw ins against top Premier League opponents, and we were fielding a largely second string league one side.

Three then. Still, my point is that he permanently looks totally devoid of confidence. I am not under any illusion that our third/second choice goalkeeper needs to be a TK type figure. They just need to at least give the impression that they are not constantly on the cusp of conceding. Brezovan always looks like he might be. Ankergren kind of doesn't, even though he usually is.

Anyone know why we have both Ankers and Brez? Can't see the point, one should have been shipped out in the summer. Injury crisis, get a loan.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Three then. Still, my point is that he permanently looks totally devoid of confidence. I am not under any illusion that our third/second choice goalkeeper needs to be a TK type figure. They just need to at least give the impression that they are not constantly on the cusp of conceding. Brezovan always looks like he might be. Ankergren kind of doesn't, even though he usually is.

His confidence looked pretty good in the home game against Hull. And the games he played earlier that season. He didn't look particulalry confident for the Hull away game AFTER he made a mistake. Just like Kuzcack looked pretty poor for a few games earlier this season and last after making mistakes.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

If at the very least Walton has 2 hands and a head he must be a shoo-in for the 2nd choice keeper's position.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't mean this as a slagging off of Brezovan but I have to confess to feeling very pessimistic about getting a result when I saw he was playing, we are probably spoilt with Kuz even though, imo, he is by no means the best keeper in this division, he is pretty reliable :shrug:

I did get the impression that the defence was more panicky than usual, whether this was due to lack of confidence in Brezovan, the fact that Dunk was in for Greer or that Hull looked quite lively up front, I don't know. maybe a combination of all of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here