Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
why not, another re-run ie another in out referendum at some time unspecified in the future (possibly decades) could be still on the cards if enough people still wanted to leave that crappy club.
Not the same as getting the public to vote again, because the answer wasnt liked all before we enact the decision that was made to leave ....is it thicko?

:dunce:

You're so pointless. :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not sure why you would ask about the terms of the outcome referendum to people who never wanted one, surely it was only held to satisfy the Euro sceptics?

At the end of the day if Brexit was a success and there were clear and obvious benefits that you point to that made it all worthwhile, you would never need to justify the vote and keep raking up the past, you could simply stick it in peoples faces and say you were right all along.

Poll after poll showed the public wanted a referendum to finalise the issue (both leavers and remainers) .Parliament wanted a referendum, they voted overwhelmingly to have one. The government and major political parties backed remain, were confident they would win and remain would be victorious.

If you wanted terms of the outcome to include a compromise clause for the remain side in the event they lost, then the politicians should have written that into law within the Referendum Act. They didnt, i wonder why.

I dont have to justify my vote to you or anyone else, ever.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Poll after poll showed the public wanted a referendum to finalise the issue (both leavers and remainers) .Parliament wanted a referendum, they voted overwhelmingly to have one. The government and major political parties backed remain, were confident they would win and remain would be victorious.

If you wanted terms of the outcome to include a compromise clause for the remain side in the event they lost, then the politicians should have written that into law within the Referendum Act. They didnt, i wonder why.

:lolol::tosser:

Silly boy.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's amusing to see you look stupid - a small consolation, but it's lovely, nonetheless. :)

Its amusing some of you are still moaning, after all this time, that you didn’t have a special compromise clause for the remain vote in the event they lost the referendum and still whining you didn’t get to have the referendum done again.
Seriously, move on with your lives. Its in the past.

Its fun to toy with you though:thumbsup:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I see the Brexiteers on here are still talking bollocks here in order to avoid talking about the ongoing cluster**** that is Brexit.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

No one said there should be a compensation or compromise clause, as you put it but do you not think how we leave should have been clearly defined before the vote? They were completely unprepared for a leave situation, they triggered article 50 without any forward plan, they then made it up as they went along with the negotiation trying to get the best deal but couldn't get it through parliament, called a snap election which was another mistake, in the end we end up with an arrangement inferior to where we were before. Is that really democracy working? Your view of democracy is only the vote itself not the outcomes or consequences, surely the whole point is to change something for the better - for everyone. I'm sure there's a poll where people say overwhelmingly we are worse off

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Following on from the Britain's largest scallop fleet at Shoreham's problems with Brexit.

Sussex medicines firm takes production line abroad in white van to beat Brexit ban

UK assembly line at standstill as pharmaceutical company sets up in Amsterdam and plans EU expansion

A Sussex pharmaceutical company has told how it had to bundle a production line into a white van and take it to Amsterdam to beat a Brexit medicines ban.“ It was a bit of a white-knuckle ride a couple of weeks ago. We had stockpiled supplies, particularly of Ventolin because it was being sold in huge quantities in France and we were getting anxious that we would run out,” she said. “So our production manager hired a van and took five machines – which was essentially one production line – to the Netherlands. He got the line up and running. We’ve rented an apartment and got six people working over there now. And so far we’ve hired 15 people in the Netherlands and they want another 10 or 11.”

Under the EU single market freedoms known as “parallel distribution”, Mediwin was allowed to buy drugs for a range of conditions, including type 2 diabetes, glaucoma and atrial fibrillation, from one member state and repackage them for another member state at lower prices. In a blow to the British company, production lines in Littlehampton are now at near standstill while assembly ramps up in the Netherlands. Further expansion will take place in Spain and other EU countries.

She said while she hoped over time to replace the EU sales with UK custom, it had been heartbreaking to have to slash production and work hours for staff in the UK. “I’ve got about 70 people at the moment who I’ve had to ask to half their hours,” she said. “It has been horrible, absolutely horrible.” Cooke said Mediwin was being forced to lay off 45 people in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/21/sussex-medicines-firm-takes-production-line-abroad-white-van-beat-brexit-ban

Wonder how many Albion fans jobs are at risk from these two issues alone :down:

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Following on from the Britain's largest scallop fleet at Shoreham's problems with Brexit.

Sussex medicines firm takes production line abroad in white van to beat Brexit ban

UK assembly line at standstill as pharmaceutical company sets up in Amsterdam and plans EU expansion

A Sussex pharmaceutical company has told how it had to bundle a production line into a white van and take it to Amsterdam to beat a Brexit medicines ban.“ It was a bit of a white-knuckle ride a couple of weeks ago. We had stockpiled supplies, particularly of Ventolin because it was being sold in huge quantities in France and we were getting anxious that we would run out,” she said. “So our production manager hired a van and took five machines – which was essentially one production line – to the Netherlands. He got the line up and running. We’ve rented an apartment and got six people working over there now. And so far we’ve hired 15 people in the Netherlands and they want another 10 or 11.”

Under the EU single market freedoms known as “parallel distribution”, Mediwin was allowed to buy drugs for a range of conditions, including type 2 diabetes, glaucoma and atrial fibrillation, from one member state and repackage them for another member state at lower prices. In a blow to the British company, production lines in Littlehampton are now at near standstill while assembly ramps up in the Netherlands. Further expansion will take place in Spain and other EU countries.

She said while she hoped over time to replace the EU sales with UK custom, it had been heartbreaking to have to slash production and work hours for staff in the UK. “I’ve got about 70 people at the moment who I’ve had to ask to half their hours,” she said. “It has been horrible, absolutely horrible.” Cooke said Mediwin was being forced to lay off 45 people in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/21/sussex-medicines-firm-takes-production-line-abroad-white-van-beat-brexit-ban

Littlehampton can ill-afford such a self-inflicted seepage of jobs. Brexiteers read and be proud!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Wonder how many Albion fans jobs would have been put at risk with the no-deal outcome you wanted and predicted #crocodiletears

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
David Frost a Minister? An UNELECTED bureaucrat, is the Brexit Minister. You couldn't make it up. Surprised the Brexiteers are not discussing this, as it seemed quite important to them previously.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Wonder how many Albion fans jobs would have been put at risk with the no-deal outcome you wanted and predicted #crocodiletears

The No Deal Brexit that plenty on the leave side 'wanted' and were persistently chuntering 'no deal no problem' and other suchlike soundbite? Often parroted by electoral fodder vox pops who read it in the s*n and economic expertise was probably a CSE grade five.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The No Deal Brexit that plenty on the leave side 'wanted' and were persistently chuntering 'no deal no problem' and other suchlike soundbite? Often parroted by electoral fodder vox pops who read it in the s*n and economic expertise was probably a CSE grade five.
Yes that's the one but I'm pretty sure those cse grade Sun readers aren't hypocritically posting about Brexit job losses every day on a football forum [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here