Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Yes that's the one but I'm pretty sure those cse grade Sun readers aren't hypocritically posting about Brexit job losses every day on a football forum [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The Islington elite will never, ever get over Brexit.the vast majority of those that voted remain in 2016 accepted the result and moved on with their lives, there is however a nasty,spiteful faction that will always rejoice at the slightest bump in the road as the UK breaks free from the shackles of the corrupt EU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Yes that's the one but I'm pretty sure those cse grade Sun readers aren't hypocritically posting about Brexit job losses every day on a football forum [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Remainer in 2016 :'I'm afraid there will be job losses following Brexit.".

Remainer in 2021: "I'm afraid there have been job losses following Brexit."

Brexiteer in 2021: 'Hypocrite!"

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The Islington elite will never, ever get over Brexit.the vast majority of those that voted remain in 2016 accepted the result and moved on with their lives, there is however a nasty,spiteful faction that will always rejoice at the slightest bump in the road as the UK breaks free from the shackles of the corrupt EU.

Wise words (have you ever written for the Express?) :wink:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Remainer in 2016 :'I'm afraid there will be job losses following Brexit.".

Remainer in 2021: "I'm afraid there have been job losses following Brexit."

Brexiteer in 2021: 'Hypocrite!"

Remainer then - "As I have already explained from the moment you got Johnson as head of your Conservative and Unionist party well over a year ago, I have wanted and thought 'no deal' most likely"

Remainer now - I really care about Brexit related job losses

Brexiteer - what a hypocrite!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The No Deal Brexit that plenty on the leave side 'wanted' and were persistently chuntering 'no deal no problem' and other suchlike soundbite? Often parroted by electoral fodder vox pops who read it in the s*n and economic expertise was probably a CSE grade five.

The "lets go WTO" brigade now pretend they never said that otherwise it doesn't fit with the 'exactly what we voted for'mantra

DyPWtamWsAAo6wq.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No one said there should be a compensation or compromise clause, as you put it but do you not think how we leave should have been clearly defined before the vote? They were completely unprepared for a leave situation, they triggered article 50 without any forward plan, they then made it up as they went along with the negotiation trying to get the best deal but couldn't get it through parliament, called a snap election which was another mistake, in the end we end up with an arrangement inferior to where we were before. Is that really democracy working? Your view of democracy is only the vote itself not the outcomes or consequences, surely the whole point is to change something for the better - for everyone. I'm sure there's a poll where people say overwhelmingly we are worse off

You were quite clear you wanted a compromise situation for remain wishes in the event remain lost the vote. Parliament never gave you one. Tough titty.

I really cant believe any of you are still mentioning this. This stopped being a thing years ago.
How we actually leave is defined by the exit negotiations between the UK and EU and the concluded exit treaty.
What mechanism allows a member state who is withdrawing from the union to define and conclude these exit negotiations and arrangements before we have the decision vote and before we notify the EU of that decision to leave with an A50 notification?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What did you vote for? To go to the back of the vaccine queue?

Like you have a problem with Starmer not wanting to do with teachers?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Didn’t know Sir Kneel worked for the EU..

He doesn’t, just mentioning that when it comes to righteous indignation about positions in vaccine queues you’re a bit of a hypocrite.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Like you have a problem with Starmer not wanting to do with teachers?

The teachers were never going to be at the 'back of the queue', they were going to get vaccinated on the basis of need as assessed by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation – an independent body of experts advising the government.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
He doesn’t, just mentioning that when it comes to righteous indignation about positions in vaccine queues you’re a bit of a hypocrite.

I believe you may well be taking out of your clacker valve.
Everyone will get their vaccinations (those of us that want it of course) as and when their priority groups are contacted.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
David Frost a Minister? An UNELECTED bureaucrat, is the Brexit Minister. You couldn't make it up. Surprised the Brexiteers are not discussing this, as it seemed quite important to them previously.

Blimey, like a dog returning to eat its own vommit

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Johnson is becoming more nutty every week. Cant build the tunnel due to munitions dumped in Beauforts Dyke? Simple. Build a magic roundabout under the Isle of Man, with four tunnels converging!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Remainer then - "As I have already explained from the moment you got Johnson as head of your Conservative and Unionist party well over a year ago, I have wanted and thought 'no deal' most likely"

Remainer now - I really care about Brexit related job losses

Brexiteer - what a hypocrite!

I suppose the real point is, do you really care about job losses? It was your vote that brought them about. How comfortable are you with this? It's easy to talk of generalities (sovereignty etc) but when some poor buggers in Littlehampton lose their jobs, it's uncomfortably real, isn't it? This is not 'crocodile tears'; this is grim reality and 'consequences'. Consequences that some of us identified and which have never been fully acknowledged by others. So here's the chance to do so......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Brexit: DUP launches court challenge to Northern Ireland protocol

DUP leader Arlene Foster has launched legal action to challenge the Northern Ireland protocol amid unionist anger over post-Brexit trade disruption. Ms Foster is joined by DUP deputy leader Nigel Dodds, the party's Westminster leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson and chief whip Sammy Wilson, as well as former Brexit Party MEP Ben Habib, Eurosceptic peer Kate Hoey and Jim Allister, the leader of the Traditional Unionist Voice party.

"At the core of the Belfast Agreement was the principle of consent yet the Northern Ireland protocol has driven a coach and horses through both the Act of Union and the Belfast Agreement.

"Neither the Northern Ireland assembly, the Northern Ireland executive nor the people of Northern Ireland consented to the protocol being put in place or the flow of goods from GB to NI being impeded by checks. They certainly did not consent to the arrangements for those checks being determined by a power over which we have no democratic say."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-ireland-protocol-judicial-review-dup-arlene-foster-b1805354.html

The NI Unionists want to get rid of the NI Protocol that the NSC unionists voted for ? It's almost as if someone didn't know what they were voting for and couldn't understand what was blindingly obvious to everyone else :dunce:

I did try and help and pointed this out to our NSC Unionists 4 years ago

There were only ever three options

1/ Hard Border between NI and Ireland
2/ Hard Border between NI and rest of Britain and NI operates under EU rules.
3/ No Hard Border and GB operates under EU rules.

It's not about abandoning Brexit, It's about implementing it

I have asked once or twice 'what was it about the NI Protocol that persuaded them to vote for it over Theresa May's NI Backstop ?' but they haven't got back to me. Probably still 'giving some more thought' to the question :facepalm:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brexit: DUP launches court challenge to Northern Ireland protocol

DUP leader Arlene Foster has launched legal action to challenge the Northern Ireland protocol amid unionist anger over post-Brexit trade disruption. Ms Foster is joined by DUP deputy leader Nigel Dodds, the party's Westminster leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson and chief whip Sammy Wilson, as well as former Brexit Party MEP Ben Habib, Eurosceptic peer Kate Hoey and Jim Allister, the leader of the Traditional Unionist Voice party.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-ireland-protocol-judicial-review-dup-arlene-foster-b1805354.html

The NI Unionists want to get rid of the NI Protocol that the NSC unionists voted for ? It's almost as if someone didn't know what they were voting for and couldn't understand what was blindingly obvious to everyone else :dunce:

If only someone could have pointed this out to our NSC Unionists 4 years ago

I have asked once or twice 'what was it about the NI Protocol that persuaded them to vote for it over Theresa May's NI Backstop ?' but they haven't got back to me. Probably still 'giving some more thought' to the question :facepalm:

Almost feel sorry for the DUP they are so stupid. But Arlene needs to suck it up, Brexit is her baby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here