Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It was not the will of the people. The country was asked a binary question, with far reaching implications and unknown outcomes and it split the people in half, half wanting to leave half prefer to remain. The implementation of the result was not planned or thought out and the past 5 years we have had a divided country. Corbyn was correct about how to handle the Brexit divide even though it cost him at the election where he argued getting Brexit done only serves half the people and ignores the other half. Yes, I understand how democracy works but even in an election the losing / opposition representatives still have a voice and I believe a Brexit deal that only meant withdrawing from the EU parliament and staying in the single market and customs Union, whilst also retaining freedom of movement would have been more representative of everyone who voted in 2016

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It was not the will of the people. The country was asked a binary question, with far reaching implications and unknown outcomes and it split the people in half, half wanting to leave half prefer to remain. The implementation of the result was not planned or thought out and the past 5 years we have had a divided country. Corbyn was correct about how to handle the Brexit divide even though it cost him at the election where he argued getting Brexit done only serves half the people and ignores the other half. Yes, I understand how democracy works but even in an election the losing / opposition representatives still have a voice and I believe a Brexit deal that only meant withdrawing from the EU parliament and staying in the single market and customs Union, whilst also retaining freedom of movement would have been more representative of everyone who voted in 2016

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji1303][emoji636]52-48.
What could we call a collection of democracy deniers?
I’m going for a shambles...a shambles of democracy deniers.
Enjoy your weekend in the free UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Get back to nazi boy, no-one else is interested in your drivel.
Sort it out [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] one law for them another one for us ???
Regards
DF

you silly Prick ! they're not coming through the official routes showing they're documentation are they, as Pasta pointed out the French have as much responsibility to control it from their end, as soon as new legislation is passed through Parliament those that cross and who have no right to be here will be sent packing sooner rather than later, ILLEGAL MIGRANTS NOT WANTED IN THE UK
regards
DF

Seems fairly even handed to me and certainly no reason for even the most pathetic of snowflakes to call on the mods :cry:

In fact, his post is factually correct as you have been banned from NSC various times for Nazi apologism, Holocaust denial, Anti-Semitism, Racism, Homophobia and Glorifying of football violence as documented in your various bans here https://www.northstandchat.com/forumdisplay.php?47-Moderating-Decisions whereas your insult is, as usual, pure uninformed speculation :dunce:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
He’s a progressive member of the tolerant left, it’s allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know , I wouldnt mind a infraction if it was half sensible but when it goes the other way it's all hunky dory then you get the usual suspects jumping in with their big wooden spoons
Regards
DF

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
They were there demanding long-held UK democratic principles of respecting and enacting democratic votes be respected whereas you and your fellow travellers were marching hoping to disenfranchise 17.4 million fellow citizens, ignoring their votes and demanding we all vote again (until the 'right' result is reached obvs). I know you can't quite understand this but it doesn't really matter how someone tries to ignore our vote, be it a mainly middle class march in London or a storming of the capitol building in Washington by the deplorables ... it's the fact our votes are being ignored which brings about a hostile reaction.

Your post is predicated on a definition of 'ignore' that far exceeds normal usage.

The emergence of the previously-concealed implications of the Brexit decision contributed to two parliaments falling before their time and the electorate being prematurely requested to come up with a new decision because its decision of two years earlier didn't suit Downing Street's specific wishes. In these circumstances and given also the well-founded suggestion that there was no longer majority support for the 2016 result it seemed to many that it would be reasonable to ask that same electorate to confirm or otherwise that earlier decision. If you want to call that 'ignoring', fine.

What I can't understand is what the social class of campaigning remainers has to do with anything. I wouldn't define the violent oiks outside Parliament as 'working class', even if they were. But you carry on with your culture war.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know , I wouldnt mind a infraction if it was half sensible but when it goes the other way it's all hunky dory then you get the usual suspects jumping in with their big wooden spoons
Regards
DF

Suck it up snowflake. Frankly, it’s ridiculous you’re still on here.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Your post is predicated on a definition of 'ignore' that far exceeds normal usage.

The emergence of the previously-concealed implications of the Brexit decision contributed to two parliaments falling before their time and the electorate being prematurely requested to come up with a new decision because its decision of two years earlier didn't suit Downing Street's specific wishes. In these circumstances and given also the well-founded suggestion that there was no longer majority support for the 2016 result it seemed to many that it would be reasonable to ask that same electorate to confirm or otherwise that earlier decision. If you want to call that 'ignoring', fine.

What I can't understand is what the social class of campaigning remainers has to do with anything. I wouldn't define the violent oiks outside Parliament as 'working class', even if they were. But you carry on with your culture war.

Yep, Ignore - disregard intentionally.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

People like you and clamp still fail to comprehend the decision was made via a Referendum not an election.

If you want a representative outcome or compromise given to one side perhaps you can be the first remainer to answer this hypothetical

If remain had won 52-48 and the decision had been to remain members of the EU instead, as a way of representative compromise that you are demanding, what should we have left anyway even though the decision was to remain members of the EU?

Perhaps as a way of compromise we should still end free movement, should no longer have to accept EU made law directives and regulations, quit sending budget contributions, no longer have CAP apply and no longer accept the supremacy of the ECJ…….perhaps leave in other areas too and remain in some…….as a representative compromise.

Why didn’t the remain side champion this school of thought before the result came in and are only doing it now after the result?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Goodo. I thought you'd swerve the point.
I didn't notice a point just a load of flannel. If I must ..

Firstly, many undemocratic loons were angling for another vote long before any of the events you describe .... secondly, politicians (who mainly supported remain) decided to give the people a chance to express their will democratically, politicians on all sides promised to enact the result, politicians couldn't agree on a path forward after the leave result so instead of honouring the result and numerous promises and manifesto commitments to enact the result you think it's OK for all that to be ignored and forgotten and reward their collective incompetence by having yet another vote where they get another chance to perhaps get what most of them wanted all along (remain).

Fortunately, after one referendum vote to leave and two general election results where the party promising to enact the result wins, we finally left. UK Democractic norms are honoured and the party constantly seeking to ignore and subvert them is electorally obliterated [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I didn't notice a point just a load of flannel. If I must ..

Firstly, many undemocratic loons were angling for another vote long before any of the events you describe .... secondly, politicians (who mainly supported remain) decided to give the people a chance to express their will democratically, politicians on all sides promised to enact the result, politicians couldn't agree on a path forward after the leave result so instead of honouring the result and numerous promises and manifesto commitments to enact the result you think it's OK for all that to be ignored and forgotten and reward their collective incompetence by having yet another vote where they get another chance to perhaps get what most of them wanted all along (remain).

Fortunately, after one referendum vote to leave and two general election results where the party promising to enact the result wins, we finally left. UK Democractic norms are honoured and the party constantly seeking to ignore and subvert them is electorally obliterated [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Dont forget a special mention for the Undemocratic Loon High Command ................ Revokers.
A few of those on NSC.

D

Deleted member 22389

[tweet]1361594107789991937[/tweet]
[tweet]1362772255684653060[/tweet]
[tweet]1362404392553570304[/tweet]
[tweet]1362008682104561665[/tweet]
[tweet]1361909184388816899[/tweet]
[tweet]1361716873813983235[/tweet]
[tweet]1361654653520400385[/tweet]

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
[tweet]1361594107789991937[/tweet]
[tweet]1362772255684653060[/tweet]
[tweet]1362404392553570304[/tweet]
[tweet]1362008682104561665[/tweet]
[tweet]1361909184388816899[/tweet]
[tweet]1361716873813983235[/tweet]
[tweet]1361654653520400385[/tweet]

Genuinely good to see these snippets.

What we don't know, though, is whether these are because of Brexit or despite it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here