Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I can already conclude whether an assessment is made in several years or several decades that re-joining would entail ceding sovereign powers back to Brussels all in the name of pooled sovereignty.

So its a NO from me, now and in the future.

:wave:

And screw any (and all) economic consequences in the process. You really are a bit of a :tosser: aren't you.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Seems like JCFG is the one who's tired, and tagged you to take over. It's almost like you're in the same room together.

Well to be fair, POTG? does owe JCFG big time.

If JCFG didn't embarrass himself on this thread so badly 4 years ago, POTG? wouldn't even exist :lolol:

Maybe POTG? could answer this one for JCFG.

What aspects of Johnson's Irish Sea Border over May's NI backstop, convinced an ardent Unionist like yourself to vote for it ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well....we are already back to being the 5th largest economy in the world, there is still food in the shops and 95% of lorries are arriving at the ports with the right paperwork, so armageddon is still a little way off yet. We are seeing some price rises ( Pork, Pate, Fruit Juice, Corned Beef etc....+ 5-10% ) but as usual our food manufacturers get round it by de-sizing product, which is already happening in a number of sectors this year.
Brexit cannot be properly assessed until we see our economy regain its near 10% fall in 2020 and then a further 2-3 years of government changes e.g taxation. So ask me in 2025 and I might have some idea then.

Indeed, just to add the performance of the EU, Eurozone countries will also have a bearing. Assuming the EU is around its continued declining importance to the global market, protectionist tendencies, supertanker ability to adapt and manoeuvre to the challenges of the 21st century combined with more integration/superstate planning with little or no democratic mandate would also be seen as validating Brexit for many.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can already conclude whether an assessment is made in several years or several decades that re-joining would entail ceding sovereign powers back to Brussels all in the name of pooled sovereignty.

So its a NO from me, now and in the future.

:wave:

Consider our voting system is so absurdly weighted towards the Tories (and to a lesser extent, Labour) with the result that a monkey with the right coloured rosette in the right constituency will always be elected, and in the handful of constituencies where that isn't the case, the whole voting pattern is tactical rather than by preference. There is never any hope of competent politicians being rewarded with power in this country. You only have to look at the horrific choice we had in 2019 - Boris Johnson, a lazy, incompetent and corrupt moron born with a silver spoon in his mouth, surrounded by talentless drippy clingers-on. And he beat the Labour party, because they were led by an idealistic and horribly naiive man who dresses like a primary school teacher, and surrounded himself with unpalatably left-wing yes men and women who lapped up the adoration from the handful of loyal banshees but switched off everyone else.

The result of this perfect storm is the worst, and most corrupt administration we have ever seen, and just when we faced the two biggest challenges in decades, both of which they have predictably failed to address even remotely successfully. The Brexit agreement IS a complete disaster, and it is absolutely remarkable that so many of you clapping Brexit seals can't see it. So personally, faced with that reality, I really REALLY struggle with this idea that pooled sovereignty is such a horrendous concept.

It is almost as if half the people in this country appear to enjoy punching themselves in the face, over and over again by voting Tory, regardless of how incompetent they are. I wonder how the Tories will try and f*ck the country up next? My guess is that they will erode living standards by removing the minimum wage, maximum hours and so on. They'll blame competition from the EU of course, it won't be their fault as usual.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well since you're here

What aspects of Johnson's Irish Sea Border over May's NI backstop, convinced an ardent Unionist like yourself to vote for it ?

I'm still trying to understand why someone who spent years telling us no deal could never happen suddenly decided he really wanted no deal and predicted it would happen .... then comes on here every day complaining about a deal that is far less disruptive ... :mad: :shootself:dunce::facepalm::lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm still trying to understand why someone who spent years telling us no deal could never happen suddenly decided he really wanted no deal and predicted it would happen .... then comes on here every day complaining about a deal that is far less disruptive ... :mad: :shootself:dunce::facepalm::lolol:

You obviously didn't see it last time, so I'll ask again

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

I'll ask it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You'll never get a sensible answer from him on this because there isn't one. You and I both know Brexit is a total disaster. The one benefit we have seen and will ever see is that we are quickly able to make decisions, and in the case of vaccinations that has been significant positive. However economically, we are absolutely screwed. So many things are already going wrong and we're not even 2 months in.

The people have been hood-winked and until a) the voting system changes and b) there are restrictions on the percentage of media outlets that one person can own, I really do fear for this country.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You obviously didn't see it last time, so I'll ask again

You obviously haven't got an answer so I'll try again ..

Why do you continually complain about the impact of the Brexit deal when you wanted and predicted a worse no-deal outcome?

And please stick to posting under one account name ... many thanks.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You obviously haven't got an answer so I'll try again ..

Why do you continually complain about the impact of the Brexit deal when you wanted and predicted a worse no-deal outcome?

And please stick to posting under one account name ... many thanks.

Pathetic trolling adding absolutely nothing :shrug:

I've said to you before that if you spent as much time trying to find a job, relationship or friends then you wouldn't have to spend all of your time on here under your various accounts desperately seeking attention. That advice was actually for your benefit, not mine :wave:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Consider our voting system is so absurdly weighted towards the Tories (and to a lesser extent, Labour) with the result that a monkey with the right coloured rosette in the right constituency will always be elected, and in the handful of constituencies where that isn't the case, the whole voting pattern is tactical rather than by preference. There is never any hope of competent politicians being rewarded with power in this country. You only have to look at the horrific choice we had in 2019 - Boris Johnson, a lazy, incompetent and corrupt moron born with a silver spoon in his mouth, surrounded by talentless drippy clingers-on. And he beat the Labour party, because they were led by an idealistic and horribly naiive man who dresses like a primary school teacher, and surrounded himself with unpalatably left-wing yes men and women who lapped up the adoration from the handful of loyal banshees but switched off everyone else.

The result of this perfect storm is the worst, and most corrupt administration we have ever seen, and just when we faced the two biggest challenges in decades, both of which they have predictably failed to address even remotely successfully. The Brexit agreement IS a complete disaster, and it is absolutely remarkable that so many of you clapping Brexit seals can't see it. So personally, faced with that reality, I really REALLY struggle with this idea that pooled sovereignty is such a horrendous concept.

It is almost as if half the people in this country appear to enjoy punching themselves in the face, over and over again by voting Tory, regardless of how incompetent they are. I wonder how the Tories will try and f*ck the country up next? My guess is that they will erode living standards by removing the minimum wage, maximum hours and so on. They'll blame competition from the EU of course, it won't be their fault as usual.

In shock news Remainer admits to preferring national sovereign powers be ceded to the EU in a pooled sovereignty system rather than be in the hands of national elected administrations.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Indeed, just to add the performance of the EU, Eurozone countries will also have a bearing. Assuming the EU is around its continued declining importance to the global market, protectionist tendencies, supertanker ability to adapt and manoeuvre to the challenges of the 21st century combined with more integration/superstate planning with little or no democratic mandate would also be seen as validating Brexit for many.

You think other markets aren't protectionist too? Its called looking after your own interests, something Johnson has neglected

And declining importance? This week we slipped behind Poland as Germany's 6th biggest export market.

I'm still interested where the massive trade opportunity exists that is in additional to our previous trading arrangements with the EU

Remember we have a "no deal" on export of services to the EU, its 16% of our economy. Its a big hole to fill...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Perhaps you could both try answering the questions instead of acting like kids.

JCFG is referring to this post I made when Johnson was elected

As I have already explained from the moment you got Johnson as head of your Conservative and Unionist party well over a year ago, I have wanted and thought 'no deal' most likely. As I pointed out before, no preparations had been made but when Johnson was elected and I realised the level of Idiocy we were dealing with (his and yours) all that changed. Of course, if you don't believe that to be true you could always find a post to the contrary (But remember, if you make up posts and then quote them, I'll show them up as lies just like every other time you've done that). And you still haven't told us what you think of the Irish Sea Border that you voted for ?

And I'll send your best wishes to Mrs Wz. Between you and me I think the only reason she stays is because I am so well hung and loaded, the poor woman (although I guess the intelligence, wit and charm may help a little)

How's POTG getting on with finding some friends (pretend ones like you don't count), a job and a relationship. It really can't be good for him spending every waking hour on here posting under his various accounts. I am genuinely trying to help

Don't hold your breath :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In shock news Remainer admits to preferring national sovereign powers be ceded to the EU in a pooled sovereignty system rather than be in the hands of national elected administrations.
I realise that really is the best you can do, but yes - and I've explained why.

In contrast, you've glibly ignored the analysis and reasoning because, er, well you're a Brexiteer and that's what Brexiteers always do - and you especially have form for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here