Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If you want to know the truth, I find it utterly pathetic that a few adults? on here, point blank refuse to take any responsibility for what they've done whether through embarrassment, selfishness, pure idiocy, an ingrained servility or more likely, a mix of them all.

Instead whilst people are trying to highlight and discuss the problems arising from what they have done to various industries, employers and employees, the future of the United Kingdom and the Economic future of what is eventually left of it, these morons continue to post insults, play stupid childish games, without realising that unemployment benefits, public sector pensions (including services pensions), the NHS and all the other things these idiots rely on and take for granted will all be effected eventually :dunce:

Yep, but just between you and me, I revel in it :facepalm:

Hear! Hear!

Jan 30, 2008
If you want to know the truth, I find it utterly pathetic that a few adults? on here, point blank refuse to take any responsibility for what they've done whether through embarrassment, selfishness, pure idiocy, an ingrained servility or more likely, a mix of them all.

Instead whilst people are trying to highlight and discuss the problems arising from what they have done to various industries, employers and employees, the future of the United Kingdom and the Economic future of what is eventually left of it, these morons continue to post insults, play stupid childish games, without realising that unemployment benefits, public sector pensions (including services pensions), the NHS and all the other things these idiots rely on and take for granted will all be effected eventually :dunce:

Only a month and and a half in and you're a urine soaked Doomsayer, get a grip man get a ****ing grip !!! Onwards and upwards
Regards
DF

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
You really are a “WZ Fan Boy” how sweet x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well that's one way of putting it. I'm certainly more comfortable in the company of those posters on my side of the fence, as I'm sure so are you with yours (Ppf and the lads).

And there's a certain irony in stressing the age (as you did with WZ) of someone who is anti-Brexit as the research shows that the older demographic tended support Brexit. As did the less educated and (ergo) those susceptible to lies and xenophobia. We can then reasonably impute that their levels of economic literacy would be on the low side, and that quite possibly (well, probably really) they didn't really grasp the economic implications of that for which they voted. Then the was the sprinkling of extreme right wing nut jobs, including the odd murderous one (remember the killing of Jo Cox, hardly a proud to be British moment?)

Now it would be totally inaccurate (unfair even) to say that out little gang of Brexiteers on the thread is a microcosm of the wider Brexit supporting masses any more than it would be fair to say that the Remainer faction is a microcosm of the left-to-centre leaning, mainstream business-oriented, better educated & informed Remain voters. But a fair minded person who had the time and inclination (not to say infinite patience) to review the many thousands of contributions to have appeared on this thread might, just might, be minded to draw such a conclusion on the basis of the evidence.

BTW, I'm also a (semi) retired person with a few years on the clock, so if you want to dismiss this as the ramblings of old, friendless, urine-soaked git (or whatever) with too much time on his hands, please feel free to do so. But for a change, a counter-argument would be even more appreciated. Many thanks and have a nice day.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course under our electoral system it's generally acknowledged that 5 years on from a General Election is the longest under which you can claim that a political setup represents "the will of the people" and a fresh vote has to be called.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well that's one way of putting it. I'm certainly more comfortable in the company of those posters on my side of the fence, as I'm sure so are you with yours (Ppf and the lads).

And there's a certain irony in stressing the age (as you did with WZ) of someone who is anti-Brexit as the research shows that the older demographic tended support Brexit. As did the less educated and (ergo) those susceptible to lies and xenophobia. We can then reasonably impute that their levels of economic literacy would be on the low side, and that quite possibly (well, probably really) they didn't really grasp the economic implications of that for which they voted. Then the was the sprinkling of extreme right wing nut jobs, including the odd murderous one (remember the killing of Jo Cox, hardly a proud to be British moment?)

Now it would be totally inaccurate (unfair even) to say that out little gang of Brexiteers on the thread is a microcosm of the wider Brexit supporting masses any more than it would be fair to say that the Remainer faction is a microcosm of the left-to-centre leaning, mainstream business-oriented, better educated & informed Remain voters. But a fair minded person who had the time and inclination (not to say infinite patience) to review the many thousands of contributions to have appeared on this thread might, just might, be minded to draw such a conclusion on the basis of the evidence.

BTW, I'm also a (semi) retired person with a few years on the clock, so if you want to dismiss this as the ramblings of old, friendless, urine-soaked git (or whatever) with too much time on his hands, please feel free to do so. But for a change, a counter-argument would be even more appreciated. Many thanks and have a nice day.

That’s how you described yourself earlier in this thread[emoji23]

Thank you for taking the time to explain[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Of course under our electoral system it's generally acknowledged that 5 years on from a General Election is the longest under which you can claim that a political setup represents "the will of the people" and a fresh vote has to be called.
In which case the current 'will of the people, expires May 2024 [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

judging by the inputs of Brexiters the 2016 referendum is the be all and end all. It seems to be only winning a vote not the outcome or consequences of it.

It's very odd to vote for something based on certain promises and outcomes, they give that mandate, yet not want nor care they are delivered?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Not surprising though when those 'few adults' are essentially just the username formerly known as Das Reich and 5 other like-minded posters I have on ignore.

Das Reich & Friends.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
When did boasting about not being able to cope with views outside your echo chamber become a thing?

Class warrior to class snowflake [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not surprising though when those 'few adults' are essentially just the username formerly known as Das Reich and 5 other like-minded posters I have on ignore.

View attachment 133736

Just updating you, you're not missing much. The victory get more hollow every week, and they still haven't come up with any Brexit dividends, there was something a few weeks ago about tampons...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here