Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You'll never get a sensible answer from him on this because there isn't one. You and I both know Brexit is a total disaster. The one benefit we have seen and will ever see is that we are quickly able to make decisions, and in the case of vaccinations that has been significant positive. However economically, we are absolutely screwed. So many things are already going wrong and we're not even 2 months in.

The people have been hood-winked and until a) the voting system changes and b) there are restrictions on the percentage of media outlets that one person can own, I really do fear for this country.

It's obvious the regulars on both sides of the fence will never agree but you are proving the point I made in a previous post. Pronouncing 'Brexit as a 'total disaster' when we are only in the first stages of decoupling and in the first stages of readjusting from a long relationship within the EC/EU is absurd. As absurd as righting of joining the EC within a year or two ... to be frank, you lot need to grow up, get a life and move on. Get back to me in 5 years for a more realistic assessment.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's obvious the regulars on both sides of the fence will never agree but you are proving the point I made in a previous post. Pronouncing 'Brexit as a 'total disaster' when we are only in the first stages of decoupling and in the first stages of readjusting from a long relationship within the EC/EU is absurd. As absurd as righting of joining the EC within a year or two ... to be frank, you lot need to grow up, get a life and move on. Get back to me in 5 years for a more realistic assessment.
[MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] is someone I’ll always have time for on this board, always reasonable and articulate in his responses, I agree with you though that 2 months in to a new divorce isn’t the time to appraise the decision, naturally and I certainly don’t include simmo in this there are some that won’t want Brexit to work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
And screw any (and all) economic consequences in the process. You really are a bit of a :tosser: aren't you.

The Sovereignty argument is always contradictory because when Brexit was sold to the nation prior to the referendum it was never mentioned, since the argument put forward was that we would prosper outside the EU and we would all be better off, so the case for sovereignty didn't need to be made i.e. it goes hand in hand, or a cart and horse. What Brexiters do now is move the goalposts and argue it was only about sovereignty all along having surveyed the wreckage of Brexit. To say Soveriegnty is the golden prize irrespective of whether it brings prosperity or irrespective of any negative outcomes is nonsensical

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The Sovereignty argument is always contradictory because when Brexit was sold to the nation prior to the referendum it was never mentioned, since the argument put forward was that we would prosper outside the EU and we would all be better off, so the case for sovereignty didn't need to be made i.e. it goes hand in hand, or a cart and horse. What Brexiters do now is move the goalposts and argue it was only about sovereignty all along having surveyed the wreckage of Brexit. To say Soveriegnty is the golden prize irrespective of whether it brings prosperity or irrespective of any negative outcomes is nonsensical

Yeah ... a campaign based around 'taking back control' had nothing to do with sovereignty :lolol:

Even Chris Grayling can show you are thick as mince :facepalm:

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org...nd_democracy_from_further_eu_integration.html

I can see why you are too embarrassed to post under your original account name ..

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yeah ... a campaign based around 'taking back control' had nothing to do with sovereignty :lolol:

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org...nd_democracy_from_further_eu_integration.html

I can see why you are too embarrassed to post under your original account name ..

That 'sovereignty' that I can pretty much guarantee never had an actual, tangible impact on your (nor anyone you know) life, during the previous decade or more (apart from possibly in your head), contrasted with an economic impact that may well have a tangible impact on you (maybe people you know) and certainly people you don't know.
Great work.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That 'sovereignty' that I can pretty much guarantee never had an actual, tangible impact on your (nor anyone you know) life, during the previous decade or more (apart from possibly in your head), contrasted with an economic impact that may well have a tangible impact on you (maybe people you know) and certainly people you don't know.
Great work.

So if I got this right you’re saying that sovereignty issue may or may not have been an issue to him or people he knows but his choice in vote may or may not impact him and may or may not impact on people he knows and may or may not impact on people he doesn’t know, brilliant [emoji23] And you don’t even know him you Wally [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Now that is great work

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
So if I got this right you’re saying that sovereignty issue may or may not have been an issue to him or people he knows but his choice in vote may or may not impact him and may or may not impact on people he knows and may or may not impact on people he doesn’t know, brilliant [emoji23] And you don’t even know him you Wally [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Now that is great work

One thing has no real effect and one does.
It's quite simple, and you should be able to grasp simple things, being simple.

Of course, you can just pretend all is hunky dory and stick those fingers back in the ears. :)

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Now that is great work

I think what he means is why does he have strong opinions and feelings about things that have no effect on his everyday life and other people around him whilst caring little about things that would affect them like the price of goods, loss of freedoms etc ? Think I got that right ??? happy to be corrected

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I think what he means is why does he have strong opinions and feelings about things that have no effect on his everyday life and other people around him whilst caring little about things that would affect them like the price of goods, loss of freedoms etc ? Think I got that right ??? happy to be corrected

No correction required - glad you got the point I was making.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I realise that really is the best you can do, but yes - and I've explained why.

In contrast, you've glibly ignored the analysis and reasoning because, er, well you're a Brexiteer and that's what Brexiteers always do - and you especially have form for it.

It is rather pointless arguing about it though.
We are worlds apart with our views on the importance of sovereign issues, we will never comprehend each others opinions on sovereignty and control issues re the EU. You in essence dont view them as important and i do.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org..._democracy_from_further_eu _integration.html

:lolol:
Think Randy has been asleep if he thinks the issue of sovereignty and control was never mentioned before re the EU, No wonder he is so late to the party.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is rather pointless arguing about it though.
We are worlds apart with our views on the importance of sovereign issues, we will never comprehend each others opinions on sovereignty and control issues re the EU. You in essence dont view them as important and i do.
So say that then in the first place, instead of highlighting one sentence in my two paragraph long post and making a childish glib remark. Otherwise you're no better than ignorant moron in chief, ppf.

I mean obviously I'd prefer it if you actually engaged rather than running away from debate, but that's you in a nutshell from what I've seen on this thread over the years.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So say that then in the first place, instead of highlighting one sentence in my two paragraph long post and making a childish glib remark. Otherwise you're no better than ignorant moron in chief, ppf.

I mean obviously I'd prefer it if you actually engaged rather than running away from debate, but that's you in a nutshell from what I've seen on this thread over the years.

Dont see the point in arguing topics (sovereignty and control) done to death pre-referendum.

Jan 30, 2008

Chin up chunky ,day is day night is night
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here