[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didnt hear anyone from any side demanding the house should vote on his negotiations.

I would have thought, as a parliamentary sovereignty, it would be expected? It's the way the UK operates.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you must be in a minority of 1 if you think its a bad idea for the UK and the EU to have a trade deal

I didn't say it was a bad idea. I'm just puzzled why you want out...but now want a back door deal. I thought the future lay elsewhere....this is what I was repeatedly told. Why not be braver?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I didn't say it was a bad idea. I'm just puzzled why you want out...but now want a back door deal. I thought the future lay elsewhere....this is what I was repeatedly told. Why not be braver?

Basically the leavers fell into two camps,

The Tories just wanted the chance to repeal all EU laws which protected workers rights

UKIP and the racists wanted to stop brown people coming into our country,

None of them cared about the trade deals.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I'm all for that. I saw last week an article stating that we can expect a lot more fruit and veg in our supermarkets from African countries when we leave the EU. Something like 40% of UK retailers say they are now actively searching for suppliers outside the EU. No doubt they are doing it solely for commercial advantage but if we can strike trade deals with these countries that don't have punitive EU tariffs then it's a win for the UK and a much needed win for African countries too.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2016/aug/05/brexit-uk-fruit-vegetables-africa-kenya

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Look it's quite simple we had a vote and the leave voters won because more people didn't want to be ruled by an unelected body in Europe they wanted to be told what to do by someone who they didn't vote for here and they wanted sovereignty to make sure a German woman didn't tell them what to do!
For years we have been ruled by our Queen and even if she is German it doesn't matter

The people have spoken and now it's up to the remainers to get on with it and get us out of the s*** because no one in the leave campaign has any idea how to do it so there

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

No......you were repeatedly told the future lay everywhere not elsewhere,a subtle difference, a continued trade relationship with the EU and free to make trade deals globally on our own terms by being free from the EU mechanism.
you clearly were not listening.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No......you were repeatedly told the future lay everywhere not elsewhere,a subtle difference, a continued trade relationship with the EU and free to make trade deals globally on our own terms by being free from the EU mechanism.

Exactly, why some Remoaners keep trying to twist the reasons and our future deals with the EU bemuses me.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Basically the leavers fell into two camps,

The Tories just wanted the chance to repeal all EU laws which protected workers rights

UKIP and the racists wanted to stop brown people coming into our country,

None of them cared about the trade deals.

well if you insist on going down the ridiculous route

i heard the remainers fell into one camp.
A big paedophile gang who want open borders so children can easily be trafficked for sex.

which EU countries are predominantly inhabited by brown people by the way?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Quick answer no but have any of them ever been voted into their positions of power ?

Surely their ethnicity is their ethnicity, regardless of what political power they wield. I do find it odd when people chuck the word 'German' at our Royal Family (and always as a negative) given that the last foreign born monarch died in 1760.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Surely their ethnicity is their ethnicity, regardless of what political power they wield. I do find it odd when people chuck the word 'German' at our Royal Family (and always as a negative) given that the last foreign born monarch died in 1760.

The point was that she was not elected as ruler not via her ethnicity - the British don't mind being ruled by foreigners so long as they are hereditary then?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The point was that she was not elected as ruler not via her ethnicity - the British don't mind being ruled by foreigners so long as they are hereditary then?

I know she wasn't elected but you have called her German. I'm trying to understand why you call her that when you won't refer to second generation immigrants by their parents' nationality. Reading your last reply, I kind of infer that you think Sadiq Khan is a foreigner but it's okay because he was elected.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I was listening, and I definitely heard the EU is corrupt and unaccountable with super-state fantasies. I also heard BREXIT leaders say that a complete withdrawal of trade deal would be possible if necessary. So why are you sniffing around the back door of this corrupt bunch, why don't you just leave?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I know she wasn't elected but you have called her German. I'm trying to understand why you call her that when you won't refer to second generation immigrants by their parents' nationality. Reading your last reply, I kind of infer that you think Sadiq Khan is a foreigner but it's okay because he was elected.

So by your reckoning the queen who is a German descendant and therefore immigrant is ok to be our ruler not forgetting she has a naturalised husband who is a Greek immigrant this must be so because you infer that my questioning of he ethnicity is doubtful because you use Sadiq Khan as an example of someone who is now British?

Is it ok with you that Khan is British then ?
Was Khan born here? I honestly don't know?

So if Khan married into the royal family you would be fine with this I take it?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I was listening, and I definitely heard the EU is corrupt and unaccountable with super-state fantasies. I also heard BREXIT leaders say that a complete withdrawal of trade deal would be possible if necessary. So why are you sniffing around the back door of this corrupt bunch, why don't you just leave?

Wouldnt the EU be a bit miffed if we just left and completely ignored the Lisbon Treaty and the laid out criteria for a nation leaving the union.
You seem very keen all of a sudden for the UK and EU to break up on very bitter terms.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wouldnt the EU be a bit miffed if we just left and completely ignored the Lisbon Treaty and the laid out criteria for a nation leaving the union.
You seem very keen all of a sudden for the UK and EU to break up on very bitter terms.

You really are an argumentative bore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports