Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Meanwhile..........

Sturgeon struts around like some big player, demanding this and demanding that, have another referendum on independence Mrs Krankie.

"Thank goodness Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon lost the Scottish independence referendum. If they had succeeded in separating Scotland from the UK the country would be beginning its journey as a new state with the economic equivalent of a knackered engine, four missing wheels and rain pouring in through the broken sunroof.

Today’s publication of the GERS figures (Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland) shows that the country is running a deficit of £14.8bn, or 9.5% of GDP, more than double the UK’s 4% deficit. The numbers demonstrate just how reckless were Alex Salmond, the former First Minister who lost the referendum, and his successor Nicola Sturgeon, when they promised a bountiful land in which there would be endless free money to go around."

http://reaction.life/sturgeon-scunnered-scotlands-deficit-double-uk/

Nicola Sturgeon has repeatedly claimed since the Brexit vote that a new, snap referendum is “highly likely” to protect Scotland's place in the EU, and insists that remains the case.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/24/scotlands-huge-deficit-blows-15bn-hole-in-case-for-independence/

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Meanwhile..........

Sturgeon struts around like some big player, demanding this and demanding that, have another referendum on independence Mrs Krankie.

"Thank goodness Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon lost the Scottish independence referendum. If they had succeeded in separating Scotland from the UK the country would be beginning its journey as a new state with the economic equivalent of a knackered engine, four missing wheels and rain pouring in through the broken sunroof.

Today’s publication of the GERS figures (Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland) shows that the country is running a deficit of £14.8bn, or 9.5% of GDP, more than double the UK’s 4% deficit. The numbers demonstrate just how reckless were Alex Salmond, the former First Minister who lost the referendum, and his successor Nicola Sturgeon, when they promised a bountiful land in which there would be endless free money to go around."

Nicola Sturgeon has repeatedly claimed since the Brexit vote that a new, snap referendum is “highly likely” to protect Scotland's place in the EU, and insists that remains the case.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/24/scotlands-huge-deficit-blows-15bn-hole-in-case-for-independence/

Oh yes - that would be Ms Sturgeon - leader of the 'anyone but England' Party.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh yes - that would be Ms Sturgeon - leader of the 'anyone but England' Party.

201jr7.jpg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Meanwhile..........

It wont be Sturgeon who decides and neither will it be you, it will be the Scots who live there

:facepalm:
So how does it work, we negotiate with the EU for a deal that we'll put before the public, and if the public don't like the deal, what then?

If you follow this legislative path and the public rejects the "deal" then you don't have one.
However, there are at least two negotiations to be concluded; one to determine the conditions/mechanics/timing of the Withdrawal Treaty for the UK's exit from the EU and possibly another (or others) to establish future trade, market access etc, etc between the EU/EEA and the UK, assuming that the UK wants something more than basic WTO "arrangements".
These have very different legal requirements, not least that the latter requires unanimous approval by the EU Council followed by legislative approval in every EU and possibly EEA member state as well as the EU Parliament. In some countries such as Belgium and Germany regional assembly approval is also needed. Should any "deal" require a change to the EU Treaties (other than removal of UK from the list of member states) then this will trigger a referendum in some countries (eg Ireland); hence the continuing nonsense with the EU Parliament moving between Brussels and Strasbourg. I think the Parliament itself has voted to stop this on three occasions but the member states (ie The Council) won't support the treaty change that's required to implement.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It wont be Sturgeon who decides and neither will it be you, it will be the Scots who live there
The Scots decided when they had their referendum, same as here, people like you and Sturgeon just won't except the decision, as 652 pages of whining and bleating proves. The Scottish economy is costing us dearly is the point I was making and yes I realise the Scottish will decide der.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The question asked was .... Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union? So I voted to leave.

Best wait to see what the final deal is before suggesting the Brexiteers could even begin to match (Impossible!!) the levels of patronising, undemocratic, whinging achieved by some Remain supporters.

That was the referendum, I asked you a different question. Nice body swerve.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why would i do that, i am do not live in scotland, i am not part of the decision making process, as most on here
I thought that as you would like to have another vote on Brexit, then perhaps this reasoning would apply to any Scottish result that you didn't approve of.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you follow this legislative path and the public rejects the "deal" then you don't have one.
Which means it's a brain dead suggestion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The question asked was .... Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union? So I voted to leave.

Best wait to see what the final deal is before suggesting the Brexiteers could even begin to match (Impossible!!) the levels of patronising, undemocratic, whinging achieved by some Remain supporters.

Why doesn't the UK just leave though? Why all this "deal" nonsense? You wanted out of a club you felt was corrupt and unaccountable and now you want a deal with them. Be brave and cut loose now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What? I thought you Brexit lot wanted out? If you want to leave don't you, er, just leave?

Why doesn't the UK just leave though? Why all this "deal" nonsense? You wanted out of a club you felt was corrupt and unaccountable and now you want a deal with them. Be brave and cut loose now.
You're just repeating what you've already said. It was stupid the first time you said it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here