[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I guess we might see the possibility of some prestigious German car manufacturers wanting to set factories up here in the UK....to access our market and circumnavigate tariffs..

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This reminds me of the bloke who hurls himself off the top of a tower block and as he plummets past the second floor a chap on a balcony asks him how it's going. "All right so far," says the suicidee.

Brexit = suicide is an interesting comparison but says more about your mindset than the reality of our situation. :angel:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This reminds me of the bloke who hurls himself off the top of a tower block and as he plummets past the second floor a chap on a balcony asks him how it's going. "All right so far," says the suicidee.

What happens if the building is on fire and all the doors and windows have gone into lock down to prevent fire spreading.....also the man falling is about to land in the swimming pool.

What happens to the poor fella on the 2nd floor balcony?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
However what if all the stats and indicators are in our favour in a few months time when we do push the button. You are basing your assumptions on the fact that the markets et al still don't believe we will leave. I'm not sure that's the case

No, I am basing my assumption on the fact that there are no stats that can tell us if we can negotiate a free trade agreement with E.U. or not. The E.U. is saying, go through the divorce process, which we know takes 2 years, then we negotiate. There will be 2 years of not knowing, what do you think will happen during those 2 years?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

How long will you keep this spoilt brat syndrome up, it won't change the result

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Sorry but this is total nonsense. Virtually the entire economic and business community warned what the likely consequences of Brexit would mean and then were told by Leavers that "we've had enough of experts" and told to shut up. I think it's shameful that some of our best qualified people on this were treated with such disdain and contempt and it helped pander to lowest common denominator. And now you have the gall to blame a likely economic downturn on people who likely voted Remain. It's bollocks.

I don't blame people based on what they voted. I blame people who cannot accept a defeat and will try to sabotage things for the selfish pursuit of proving to others (and perhaps themselves?) that they were right and others were wrong.

It's PATHETIC.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as i read the protestations of the remain hopefuls who cant accept the result and want to blame leavers for impending economic doom, as predicted by those who didnt predict 2008 events and found and lost £20bn from UK budget in the past 9 month, i cant help feel that the blame lies with the Remain campaign. they simply never made the case for being in the EU, they always made a negative story about leaving, and frankly many people had had enough spin, were not politically likely to follow Osborne and Cameron, or wanted to make an assertive vote. if Remain had made a positive case for EI membership instead of fear of leaving, maybe they would have swayed people that way, or at least made them stay at home. put another way, dont blame leave voters for the poor remain campaign.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The moment Article 50 is activated the clock starts ticking and those on the EU side of the negotiating table get in a stronger position with every day that passes. Sign this petition if you are really very silly.

Only the really stupid would want to sign article 50 right now

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Cl37Xq3XIAAJ3xY.jpg

Anyone seeking to circumvent/reverse the biggest electoral mandate in our history before it has been enacted is playing with fire .. we will leave the EU.

Typical spin post the number of votes, but not the percentage difference between 1st and 2nd

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
However what if all the stats and indicators are in our favour in a few months time when we do push the button. You are basing your assumptions on the fact that the markets et al still don't believe we will leave. I'm not sure that's the case

They won't be as The vote for the next Conservative leader is not until September, and the current market and investment pressures are due to the uncertainty of knowing what our trading position with Europe and the Rest of the World is like following the complete exit from the EU.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Typical spin post the number of votes, but not the percentage difference between 1st and 2nd

you accuse of "spin", yet when has the % differences between 1st and 2nd place previosuly mattered? when Blair won a third term in 2005, returning a 30 odd seat majority, did anyone remark that the 2.8% margin over Conservatives somehow invalidated the result?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports