Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
People like the prat to whom you replied are the sort of people who, if finding themselves in a car crash, with one leg missing, would see their brother with both legs missing, and laugh in jubilation. Revolting specimens.

This is it in a nutshell. I have no quarrel with anyone who voted leave at the point of the referendum, there was a lot of disinformation and money pushing us toward such an outcome.

However, anyone who’s seen how these last few years post-Brexit have played out and are still celebrating hate Britain and everyone in it. Their joy comes from revelling in the damage they’ve done. Like a vandal who’s smashed up somebody else’s home (someone they don’t even know) and is stood in the wreckage laughing about it.

They are the worst of Britain. Their joy lies purely in the amount of damage they’ve done. To our wealth, to our international standing and to our belief in ourselves as a fair and outward looking nation. A slow handclap for @Is it PotG? and his chums. Well done son, well done.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lots of angst and abuse this morning from our fellow fans, very dissapointing :nono:
Not as disappointing as your spelling of the word ‘disappointing’ by using ’dissapointing’ instead.

It‘s almost as if you are not committed to the wonderful and rich language of this green and pleasant land.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is it in a nutshell. I have no quarrel with anyone who voted leave at the point of the referendum, there was a lot of disinformation and money pushing us toward such an outcome.

However, anyone who’s seen how these last few years post-Brexit have played out and are still celebrating hate Britain and everyone in it. Their joy comes from revelling in the damage they’ve done. Like a vandal who’s smashed up somebody else’s home (someone they don’t even know) and is stood in the wreckage laughing about it.

They are the worst of Britain. Their joy lies purely in the amount of damage they’ve done. To our wealth, to our international standing and to our belief in ourselves as a fair and outward looking nation. A slow handclap for @Is it PotG? and his chums. Well done son, well done.
It's probably the only thing they've won in their lives, so enjoying the hollow victory, even though everyone now admits it was based on lies and deceits.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Lots of angst and abuse this morning from our fellow fans, very dissapointing :nono:

Not at all, simply a couple of clear-eyed assessments of the only possible thinking behind celebrating Brexit in 2023.

The damage is visible to all of us, it’s not something hidden out of sight.

Who celebrates the diminishment of London, our reduced influence in geopolitics, our reduced growth, the difficulties in exporting, the ever delayed checks on what’s actually coming into the country, the Telegraph calling for everyone under 40 to leave the U.K. for a saner, less stupid country.

We have a vaguely sane Prime Minister as a sticking plaster on the head of a political party now consisting almost entirely of mad ideologically driven bigots, and we still can’t get rid of them for another year. They’re allowing our waterways to be perpetually fouled, are not building houses, or hospitals, are deliberately slowing our transition to cheaper electricity, and effectively act as a barrier to progress on every front, having the nerve to blame migration for their own incompetence.

Tell us which bit of all this sounds like a successful nation state to you? What are you celebrating? Brexit has been a public, visible humiliation, and that’s not even mentioning the trade deals we’ve signed because we’re so desperate to have a trade deal we’ve agreed to anything we’ve been asked for. Terms we will be held to going forward.

I’ll tell you who’s applauding all this. Enemies of Britain. Nobody who loves this country is celebrating any of this.

This will take our best diplomats generations to climb back from, and we can’t even start until we’ve got these mad bastards out of the way.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do you think the fine body of men and women who have devoted so much of their time complaining about Brexit .. year after year .. after year .. after year .. have quite worked out that they will all most likely be voting/hoping for a Labour government that is promising continuity Brexit at the next GE ? :lolol:
I hate Brexit but I'll be voting to GTTO first and foremost - they are the worst government we have ever seen and ever will see.

If that means voting Labour despite seemingly deciding to follow the Tory (winning) lead of not bothering with a costed manifesto, or showing their hand on many policies, then I'm afraid that's what I'll do. It's a testament to how unfit for purpose FPTP has become.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Just got back from a drive around Europe

Left via the Chunnel - passport control at Folkestone - British guy looked at us suspiciously, French guy waved us through.
Drove from France through Belgium and Luxembourg to Germany and then back into France.

Literally the only way we knew that we had crossed "borders", was when the phone company texted about charge rates.
Roads empty and efficient and well maintained.
Visted Alsace and bought some wine from a small vineyard, and as is usual finished it all before we got back!!.
So, visited the website of the producer to see if we could order more.
After a couple of attempts by them to to ship the stuff, I received the following

Hello, I'm sorry but we had to request a different registration number from UK customs and have not received it yet. We are unable to ship your order at this time. The announced delay is 15 days. Apologies once again.

And then a few days later,
Good morning, unfortunately, I am very sorry but we will not be able to ship your order. The constraints are finally too high for sending wine, and as we do it very rarely and everything has changed since we did it last time. There is a good chance the package will return or that there will be huge custom fees.

I know it's first world problems but - Bloody French

Returned via the Chunnel - British Passport control (stern older lady who barked at us), ordered us to wind down windows and asked what was underneath the blankets on the back seat). I was tempted to reply that it was a couple of nice Albanian lads who had asked for a lift, but didn't fancy a strip search!
Back on the M20 and M25 and M1, to potholes and jams and sewerage in rivers, and a Government who think that the pollution needs to get worse and twats who still think Brexit was a good idea.

Makes my heart bleed.....

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Back on the M20 and M25 and M1, to potholes and jams and sewerage in rivers, and a Government who think that the pollution needs to get worse and twats who still think Brexit was a good idea.

I know, right. Going away gives you a lot of perspective. England looks like shit now. Tatty, dirty and unorganised.

It doesn't have to be like this. It shouldn't be like this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just got back from a drive around Europe

Left via the Chunnel - passport control at Folkestone - British guy looked at us suspiciously, French guy waved us through.
Drove from France through Belgium and Luxembourg to Germany and then back into France.

Literally the only way we knew that we had crossed "borders", was when the phone company texted about charge rates.
Roads empty and efficient and well maintained.
Visted Alsace and bought some wine from a small vineyard, and as is usual finished it all before we got back!!.
So, visited the website of the producer to see if we could order more.
After a couple of attempts by them to to ship the stuff, I received the following

Hello, I'm sorry but we had to request a different registration number from UK customs and have not received it yet. We are unable to ship your order at this time. The announced delay is 15 days. Apologies once again.

And then a few days later,
Good morning, unfortunately, I am very sorry but we will not be able to ship your order. The constraints are finally too high for sending wine, and as we do it very rarely and everything has changed since we did it last time. There is a good chance the package will return or that there will be huge custom fees.

I know it's first world problems but - Bloody French

Returned via the Chunnel - British Passport control (stern older lady who barked at us), ordered us to wind down windows and asked what was underneath the blankets on the back seat). I was tempted to reply that it was a couple of nice Albanian lads who had asked for a lift, but didn't fancy a strip search!

If you like bloody Europe so much maybe you should move there . . . .

. . . Oh you can't . 😂

taz

Feb 18, 2015
The labour party now supports brexit they want to govern a prosperous free trading nation, even more significantly British industry now supports brexit they see the UKs new position at the cross roads of the worlds two largest trade blocks the EU and Pan Pacific as a fantastic opportunity, so sad that the brexit bores still trying to drag the UK back to the one state EUSSR ruled by the unelected EU commission Politburo,, if you don't like your present government vote them out, you'll never get the opportunity to vote out any member of the Brussels EU commission even if you could name more than one

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The labour party now supports brexit they want to govern a prosperous free trading nation, even more significantly British industry now supports brexit they see the UKs new position at the cross roads of the worlds two largest trade blocks the EU and Pan Pacific as a fantastic opportunity, so sad that the brexit bores still trying to drag the UK back to the one state EUSSR ruled by the unelected EU commission Politburo,, if you don't like your present government vote them out, you'll never get the opportunity to vote out any member of the Brussels EU commission even if you could name more than one
Rather than supporting it, the Labour party would rather "make Brexit work". That's a big difference, and has come about because a large rump of their traditional support are in northern England and they want those votes back. Brexit is an absolutely shit idea but the damage can be partly patched up by forging an EFTA-like arrangement with the trading bloc. That's what we've got to hope happens - a sop to the pro-EU and thick gammon factions in their support alike.

Your comments on British business supporting it are an absolute joke. A large rump of British business has been decimated by Brexit and what the fck does "at the cross roads of the world's two largest trade blocs" mean? Absolutely nothing. We're out of the EU and we're nowhere near the Pacific. We're out of both. What sort of an advantage are you trying to tell us that this gives us? When we were in the EU, our language meant we were a convenient entry into the EU market for the rest of the English speaking world. Now that isn't the case. Luckily for those nations, Ireland isn't so stupid as to want to leave.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Evidence? Does British industry even have a choice?

Who elected Rishi Sunak to rule over us?

Tangible benefits from Brexit over the past years?

Have another go..... it is rather entertaining

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here