Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Why were they flooding here before???Any low wages is because they drove them down.Big business hates Brexit because no more cheap labour.
You enjoying the workforce shortages, inflation and strikes over low wages then?

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
You enjoying the workforce shortages, inflation and strikes over low wages then?
Workforce shortages means higher wages offered so all good.As we all know migrants drive down prices.You cant blame Brexit for inflation of course.Strikes have nowt to do with B??

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Think of the technical problems with going back into the EU then out then in then out.It just can't be done.We are out and thats that. Imagine we stayed in and your town became a place where Eastern Europeans were the majority.Would you have been happy with that?

Perhaps they could install a revolving door?

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
It'll be pure coincidence that the new accounts @Carbonara and @Wokeworrier, neither of which have ever pretended to be different people on NSC, posting under completely different names, with no history on NSC whatsoever, and have never been banned before, appear but that's the point where everything goes bear pitish.

Pure coincidence :lolol:
Strange one I was trying to work out who it might be. Certainly come out swinging, though I’m yet to see any real evidence of any substance. So it could be a fair few users second account. Did mouldy ever reappear?

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
Strange one I was trying to work out who it might be. Certainly come out swinging, though I’m yet to see any real evidence of any substance. So it could be a fair few users second account. Did mouldy ever reappear?
To put your mind at ease,my last profile was two years ago.I left because I was bored with ignorant twats who preferred insults to constructive comments.

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
No, I don't think we'd have had such a rush of mad fuckwits trying to be PM without Brexit. Part of the reason for Brexit was to try to right a supposed democratic deficit. But, I suggest, that Brexit has failed the country in this respect (and in many others).
How did Brexit cause all these new PMs?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Workforce shortages means higher wages offered so all good.As we all know migrants drive down prices.You cant blame Brexit for inflation of course.Strikes have nowt to do with B??
You're as hard of thinking as a pair of old Mouldy Boots.

Last edited:

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
To put your mind at ease,my last profile was two years ago.I left because I was bored with ignorant twats who preferred insults to constructive comments
Im not sure calling people ignorant twats is particularly constructive but there you go.
Also if you left because of the insults calling people ignorant twats may not be the best starting point.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

Because once it was looked at, it was quickly realised that it couldn’t be made “successful”. The EU is our biggest export market, that was because of our geographical proximity and common regulations.

Once you abandon common regulations, you add barriers to trade. That’s additional expense making our goods and services less competitive than rivals within the EU bloc. You can of course go off on a mad rush to strike trade deals on the other side of the world and show the EU we don’t need it, like a spurned lover taking refuge in the arms of another. That’s how we ended up getting bent over by the Australians, who can now ship their beef halfway round the world and still make it cheaper than our U.K. reared beef.

Making Brexit work is impossible, because of our geographic location and the fact the world has organized into huge trade blocs. We can’t compete as a small angry island off the coast of France.

We had previously negotiated an incredible deal to remain part of the EU, we’d got exemptions from joining the Euro and other concessions, and we pissed it all away on a far right libertarian nut-job vanity project.

The hard-right Conservative Party hate the rule of law. Just look at Johnson, JRM and Dorries. They openly attack the very institutions that they swore required Brexit to protect. What they want is to have no barriers to acting however they want. They don’t want British judges telling them they must act within the law any more than they want EU judges being able to hold them to account.

They want power without accountability, the ability to act with impunity. They have got through PMs because Cameron gave in to the far-right element in the party and lost, May tried to broker a non-destructive deal, which gave Johnson his opportunity to rally far-right support around him for a “harder” Brexit. Johnson lied his way out of the job, and Truss proved her incompetence early doors.

That brings us to Sunak, who’s the best of a bad lot, but that’s like saying that you’re glad you got in the lift with Jimmy Savile because the other lift had Fred West in.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Smells like Pasta to me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So let me get this straight. Brexit has gone from 'sunlit uplands' 'easiest deal in history's 'shit loads of spare cash for the NHS' any downside is project fear etc etc
To absolutely none of those things happening but it's not the fault of those that made all the promises, it's not due to the fact that Brexit was a good idea, it is somehow the fault of people who knew it was a bad idea ruining it for everyone?

Aand you @Carbonara are actually believing and regurgitating this shit?

Surely it is time to accept that you f***ed up, you believed them and drank the cool aid. Noone blames you, it was all very convincing. A wonderful PR campaign against the poor
campaign run by the truth. I'll admit it, they duped me if it wasn't for the fact that without the EU you would be left at the mercy of a Tory government I would have been close to voting leave.

Sooner or later though have to take your medicine and admit you were wrong. You have to ask yourself why you and Warrior for the Woke are the only people left on this thread trying to justify your choices.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You're not convincing anyone because you have no evidence; you use the same mantras that we have seen time and time again.

Try providing just one undeniable tangible benefit of Brexit to counter the plethora of downsides others have pointed out and that might be a start...

You persistent Brexiters are beginning to become an endangered species because you have been unable to do that.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So if we re-joined tomorrow Eastern Europeans would not flood here????/Are you serious????Imagine net migration if we didnt leave !!
Migration is higher now than in 2016, but from Asia instead of Europe.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are 40,000 vacancies in the NHS. The doctors and nurses are striking for higher wages because remaining people are leaving creating more vacancies.

Even the armed forces are having to use food banks in some places.

Utopia, it ain’t.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Guys please just try to show some respect for democracy. We had a democratic vote and we voted to leave so please try to make it work.You do believe in democracy don't you??
I believe in democracy when it isn’t corrupt. I still think there was gerrymandering around postal votes. Many people shouted their postal votes arrived too late to vote at all, Laura K on the BBC remarked on postal votes showing a trend in the last General Election, and in the recent council elections a box with over 800 votes in was discovered two days too late.
Who owns the companies who supply postal votes?
Why were the Conservatives so keen to get people to use postal votes?
Rees-Mogg and co were openly asking people to register for postal votes on Twitter via their HQ.
Boris Johnson changed the accountability of the Electoral Reform from Parliament to the Prime Minister.

Charlatans and thieves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here