Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seeing 'businessman regretting his vote' instantly reminded me of the Brummie wholesale florist, and wondering how he's getting on.

He was very much a 'rent a quote' through the election, desperately wanted to take back control and was looking forward to the freedom of an open market.
Seemingly oblivious as to how that might effect a company trading 90%+ of perishables from The Netherlands.

Oh and just by writing that I'm back with the Cornish fishermen who all, except one, wanted out and we're adamant Boris would get them a better deal.
How are they getting on now?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But... thank goodness the tide is in full turn.... We know that is will make little practical difference in the immediate future, but maybe there will soon be pressure to change the trajectory!

You say that, but I'd suggest that the 82% who think it hasn't been a success probably won't accept that they made an error and will still be trying to convince themselves that Brexit itself was a good idea. They'll just state the fantasy Brexit they voted for hasn't been properly done.

Voter turnover will sort it out though. None of the 5 million 18-25 year olds that have turned 18 since 2016 will look at the effects and think that it was in anyway a sensible decision.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
You say that, but I'd suggest that the 82% who think it hasn't been a success probably won't accept that they made an error and will still be trying to convince themselves that Brexit itself was a good idea. They'll just state the fantasy Brexit they voted for hasn't been properly done.

Voter turnover will sort it out though. None of the 5 million 18-25 year olds that have turned 18 since 2016 will look at the effects and think that it was in anyway a sensible decision.
It's like deciding to go to MacDonalds instead of the rather decent restaurant just round the corner. Lo and behold, the MacDonalds meal is crap - what do i do? Realise I made the wrong decision? NO!! Blame the "chef" at MacDonalds.....and decide that, given another couple of decades, MacDonalds food will be much better. There is simply ZERO chance of Brexit working out in the long run. In fact, it will get worse.
But demographics will, as you point out, help increase the proportion of "remainers"....the natural process of ageing and death will also see off the majority of "leavers", given time.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
In a way Covid and Ukraine has helped the brexiteers because they say “it isn’t just us suffering and it is because of Covid and Ukraine not Brexit” - I’m just sick of hearing about it, even the name is f***ing stupid.

Boris, Nigel, all of them are nasty little spivs and the sooner we get adults running the country the better.

Get us back into the single market and let’s start living again.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Question Time is interesting. The whole audience voted to leave EU. Govt have refused to have a minister on the panel

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
In a way Covid and Ukraine has helped the brexiteers because they say “it isn’t just us suffering and it is because of Covid and Ukraine not Brexit” - I’m just sick of hearing about it, even the name is f***ing stupid.

Boris, Nigel, all of them are nasty little spivs and the sooner we get adults running the country the better.

Get us back into the single market and let’s start living again.

Au contraire ... a global pandemic and a war in Europe has been an absolute godsend for the anti brexit obsessives across social media (just look at this thread). Continually and deliberately conflating the effects is the only way they can get anywhere near claiming 'project fear' was even slightly accurate.

Meanwhile, back in the thriving single market.... Germany and the Eurozone both in recession.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Question Time is interesting. The whole audience voted to leave EU. Govt have refused to have a minister on the panel
I'm sorry I know we should be beyond pointing and name calling, I really try to be more considerate, but f**k me, what kind of weapons grade nimrod do you have to be, to say this:-

His only out would be to point to the pathetic Remain campaign.

Talking about not knowing you had till it's gone.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Au contraire ... a global pandemic and a war in Europe has been an absolute godsend for the anti brexit obsessives across social media (just look at this thread). Continually and deliberately conflating the effects is the only way they can get anywhere near claiming 'project fear' was even slightly accurate.

Meanwhile, back in the thriving single market.... Germany and the Eurozone both in recession.
OK OK....

Just one Brexit benefit

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm sorry I know we should be beyond pointing and name calling, I really try to be more considerate, but f**k me, what kind of weapons grade nimrod do you have to be, to say this:-

His only out would be to point to the pathetic Remain campaign.

Talking about not knowing you had it so go.

Keep going with those interest rates....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I saw you had posted on this thread and thought I would drop in to read your top ten Brexit benefits.

So disappointed that you haven't got to that yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here