Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It is pretty funny atm, we know the shitstorm is coming, but it's not here yet :lolol::cry::shootself

Sometimes it's the journey and not the arrival.

Time is a brilliant invention. It heals some things, but others it matures, festering away, burrowing its way around the body causing discomfort and anguish, until it bursts forth in the aforementioned shitstorm.

It is to be savoured, celebrated, shared.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't help but think maybe that was where it all went wrong. I wonder, if on the 24th June 2016, if all the Remainers had said 'yes you are winners and we are silly old losers' then we could have got on with negotiating a sensible mature exit from the EU minimising the effect of shooting ourselves in both feet because it was really all about certain people getting a very rare 'win'.

Certainly facts and evidence don't work so maybe 'the win' was the all ?

I've evidently given this more thought than some of the accounts who post on this subject on NSC :laugh:

You mean that we should have said, bang to rights, let's leave now?

Well, we may not have done that, but we had no say either way....the pipple had voted....any mess we are now in is due to the tory winners not being able to collect their imaginary prize :shrug:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We had a choice in the EU holiday market before too, so I'm not sure what you are on about.

I think I can shed some light on what he's on about.

Sticking rigidly to the subject. Not going off on some weird tangent. Not trying to change the subject because he finds the current one uncomfortable.

That's what he's on about.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm sure you and hwt are very comfortable thank-you very much

Both of you come across as condescending pricks

I can see why you may think that. In fact, I explained it here a few years ago

The EU's negotiation strategy has been very simple and has been explained numerous times since the referendum and hasn't changed at all. I was going to explain yet again but.........

To be honest, I am on holiday and really can't be arsed explaining it in ever simple terms for the umpteenth time, in order to be called condescending when the penny finally f***ing drops :wave:

And try to lay off the insults, it really doesn't help any point you are trying to make, if indeed there is one :shrug:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So maybe you could outline the 'good deal' that they were meant to negotiate :wink:

I'm off for the football, come on the lionesses :thumbsup:

(I'll check tomorrow for a response)

No thanks. I am not rising to that - that discussion has been done to death and is entirely pointless. I made clear earlier in this thread what I think should happen to attempt to mitigate the issues raised in this thread. Enjoy the football.

So it was Parliament's job to negotiate a 'good deal', a role you believe they failed in completely and is the reason we are where we are, even though you have no idea what this 'good deal' even looked like ?

I did, it was brilliant, wasn't it :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Simon Calder should be given a knighthood.

He's an excellent travel journo and when I went back packing around Cuba in 1999 he was the absolute authority on the country.....maybe he still is?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
He needs a lie down first. Been on every news bulletin across the channels for the past year and a half.

He deserves both a lie down and a knighthood.

He has given huge service to the travelling public, by exposing how the post-Brexit additional border controls are inconveniencing them and wasting their valuable time.
Compare that rubbish with a bar on the Holland -Belgium border. You can order your drinks in Holland, and turn your chair round and drink them in Belgium.

This is the result of Brexit so far. Utterly pointless timewasting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Spinning your chair wouldn't help I would guess, although I'm not medically trained you know.

It was an analogy for freedom of movement. Spin your chair and you're in Belgium. Spin it again and you're back in Holland. A matter of seconds.

Meanwhile, back in Dover, Brexit border controls are ruining people's holidays, and increasing freight time, and therefore cost, reducing the competitiveness of exporting businesses.

But you carry on doing what Brexit does. Wasting time.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Spinning your chair wouldn't help I would guess, although I'm not medically trained you know.

The point being that if either Belgium or the Netherlands pulled out of the EU, there would be a customs man checking your passport, reservations, financial resources and so on every time you spun your chair.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
He deserves both a lie down and a knighthood.

He has given huge service to the travelling public, by exposing how the post-Brexit additional border controls are inconveniencing them and wasting their valuable time.
Compare that rubbish with a bar on the Holland -Belgium border. You can order your drinks in Holland, and turn your chair round and drink them in Belgium.

This is the result of Brexit so far. Utterly pointless timewasting.

And money. Don't forget the money.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They aren't playing silly buggers but entitled to treat British as a 3rd country.
Countries can choose how they treat tourists even though they are members of the EU, so it isn't being totalitarian.

Britain asks tourists to provide evidence of £100 a day.

A lot of countries do, are Spain actually going to be checking?

That seems a bit petty if true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here