Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What's wrong with sharing standards? Are we going to start selling products to the EU in imperial weights and measures now?

Nothing and if we are going to export to the EU then our products will still have to meet those standards anyway

The reply was to the comment that because we are leaving, we will end up with extremely dodgy products that are dangerous to the consumer because apparently consumer protection is only possible by being in the EU and these safeguards only exist through continued membership.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Obviously you won't see it until too late, but my view is the Majority has made a terrible mistake, and the decision is wrong. I despise the self-righteous idea of age=knowledge, but hey.

EDIT: Ph, and by the way- "little tantrum from a young and immature guy"

good luck in hiding your sock, I mean in your A levels :) I'm the immature one? ???

And most oldens despise being told we know nothing by youths. Everyone has their own beliefs age and life experiences alter them. When you're young you believe you can change the world. As you age you realise in truth you rarely get the opportunity. This was one, the first since l was able to vote, some 30 years ago.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Nothing and if we are going to export to the EU then our products will still have to meet those standards anyway

The reply was to the comment that because we are leaving, we will end up with extremely dodgy products that are dangerous to the consumer because apparently consumer protection is only possible by being in the EU and these safeguards only exist through continued membership.

Yep I agree with you in this context.

I think it's more efficient to evolve standards together though. I am pretty sure that we have led the way in many of the EU standards, not least in the building industry.

Are we going to try and keep all the EU policies that suit us and then find out in the end that we fall 95% in line with the EU anyway?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm replying to you, but there was a few others who essentially did the same thing [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] ect. Why because I'm 17, does that mean that my future should not be mine to decide, or my opinion is suddenly invalid. Think I'm off to Germany, currently studying German A-level so shouldn't be too difficult to pick up the rest of the language. Would rather not stay and see Britain slowly crumble into Farage-Land. Anyone know any good stream sites so I can catch the Albion games?

Bye bye Baby

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
No it isn't.
39 out of 40 haven't signed it.

People didn't pay attention to those that advocated staying in the undemocratic EU and voted out.
Those that dont believe in democracy are adding their names to a petition that doesn't believe in democracy.

This is all sorts of weird.

Unelected law makers in the UK: 825.
Unelected law makers in the EU: 0.

How is that undemocratic?

What is it with 'Leave' voters and poor spelling and grammar?*

*This is a rhetorical question. This means your response isn't required/expected.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

People vote in a free and fair referendum (or any other vote or election for that matter) --> there is a result ---> people are unhappy with the result because it's not what they wanted ----> they call for it to be ignored / ripped up / re-run in the hope of getting their preferred result because they are unwilling to accept the result of the democratic process

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm replying to you, but there was a few others who essentially did the same thing [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] ect. Why because I'm 17, does that mean that my future should not be mine to decide, or my opinion is suddenly invalid. Think I'm off to Germany, currently studying German A-level so shouldn't be too difficult to pick up the rest of the language. Would rather not stay and see Britain slowly crumble into Farage-Land. Anyone know any good stream sites so I can catch the Albion games?

This reply just goes to show how immature you really are

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Getting a little concerned about Herr Tubthumper. Anyone seen him? Can his neighbours check on him. We know the result must have been a serious shock to him so I am worried.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Getting a little concerned about Herr Tubthumper. Anyone seen him? Can his neighbours check on him. We know the result must have been a serious shock to him so I am worried.

I would have liked his views was thinking the same.....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

I think it likely he and some other remain supporters (5ways) have made the sensible choice of steering well clear of social media until they have gathered their thoughts and had time to reflect on what is obviously a crushing disappointment. Or they are on holiday making the most of free movement while it's still available ....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Exploded in indignation.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would have liked his views was thinking the same.....

I think it likely he and some other remain supporters (5ways) have made the sensible choice of steering well clear of social media until they have gathered their thoughts and had time to reflect on what is obviously a crushing disappointment. Or they are on holiday making the most of free movement while it's still available ....
Or they are busy writing 39000 additions to the 2nd referendum petition from the Vatican City.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the Lords are not lawmakers, only do revision on legislation, and the EU parliament are not lawmakers, only do revision on legislation.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably out for a beer with Pork Knuckle Pete ???

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
People vote in a free and fair referendum (or any other vote or election for that matter) --> there is a result ---> people are unhappy with the result because it's not what they wanted ----> they call for it to be ignored / ripped up / re-run in the hope of getting their preferred result because they are unwilling to accept the result of the democratic process

I was asking how this is undemocratic:

How did you miss that? :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here