Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There is a sustained effort on the part of several Brexit supporters on here to close down all debate about the Brexit outcome.

What could be the reason?

It would be a bit of light relief if one or two of them actually came up with positive Brexit news, ie some benefits.

Even as an ardent remainer I admit there are some benefits, what is very disappointing in their inability to name any of them. It would be nice to have something to offset Brexit reality..

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
many reports claiming the rabble was antifa headed by Nancy Pelosi'd son in law , identified by mug shots from police and unique hand and arm tattoos ....believe what you will , this is just bonkers.....:mad:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
many reports claiming the rabble was antifa headed by Nancy Pelosi'd son in law , identified by mug shots from police and unique hand and arm tattoos ....believe what you will , this is just bonkers.....:mad:

It is indeed bonkers sydney, as is your goodself :wink:

But this is the Brexit thread, I think you were probably looking for this one The Trump thread :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1347179167377481729[/TWEET]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[TWEET]1347179167377481729[/TWEET]

Little surprise they rammed the bill through in just a few hours of parliament, the least scrutiny the better.

Just get it done, f&&k business and hope that is can be buried under covid

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
My theory is that there's a difference between non-violent citizens and their representatives using ancient and established parliamentary procedures to offer the voting public the chance to confirm or otherwise an earlier view in the light of emerging information on the one hand and a rampaging mob of heavies practising physical intimidation on elected representatives in an organised riot on the other.

Fine with me if you don't believe there's a difference.

Your theory is correct in identifying the different tactics used by undemocratic loons/extremists across the globe but ignoring the similarities would be dishonest.

See..

Expecting democratic results to be fully enacted if their side prevails.

Trying to delegitimise results they don't like.

Insisting on voting again if the result doesn't go their way.

Using any legislative or parliamentary pathway no matter how arcane or spurious to try and thwart the democratic result they previously agreed should be enacted.

Constantly belittling and talking down to those who don't share their world view.

Having experienced much of the above (along with 17.4 million fellow citizens) I can assure you it doesn't make too much difference how someone tries to ignore your vote it's the fact they are trying it at all that is the shameful act. Fortunately, founding democratic principles prevailed here and will in the US.

Democracy 2 Undemocratic loons 0

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Your theory is correct in identifying the different tactics used by undemocratic loons/extremists across the globe but ignoring the similarities would be dishonest.

See..

Expecting democratic results to be fully enacted if their side prevails.

Trying to delegitimise results they don't like.

Insisting on voting again if the result doesn't go their way.

Using any legislative or parliamentary pathway no matter how arcane or spurious to try and thwart the democratic result they previously agreed should be enacted.

Constantly belittling and talking down to those who don't share their world view.

Having experienced much of the above (along with 17.4 million fellow citizens) I can assure you it doesn't make too much difference how someone tries to ignore your vote it's the fact they are trying it at all that is the shameful act. Fortunately, founding democratic principles prevailed here and will in the US.

Democracy 2 Undemocratic loons 0

Another completely subjective, prejudiced summary of what happened in this country, with some additional sanctimonious phraseology.

.. and at the end of all of that there is still the question - Why do you wish to shut down views that oppose yours?

Is that your preferred kind of democracy?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Another completely subjective, prejudiced summary of what happened in this country, with some additional sanctimonious phraseology.

.. and at the end of all of that there is still the question - Why do you wish to shut down views that oppose yours?

Is that your preferred kind of democracy?

The preferred kind of democracy for some was one that ended on 23rd June 2016, after that any debate, questioning or investigation has been undermining the will of the people.

The debate about the membership of the EEC did not end in 1975 and the debate about our departure from the EU did not end in 2016

Democracy is a process, not a single event.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The misunderstanding is people don't object to the referendum result but the lies, broken promises and the fact what was delivered was not what was offered or promised

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

ffs Sydney. I pop in for some brexit illwill and here you are posting easily debunked conspiracy theories about the Trump mob, with a 'believe what you will'. Do you ever go in search of some evidence? I saw that hand tattoo nonsense. The tattoo image was from a game, quickly pointed out all over social media. How did you miss all this?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
The misunderstanding is people don't object to the referendum result but the lies, broken promises and the fact what was delivered was not what was offered or promised

This was the reason for suggesting a second confirmatory vote after we all knew what had been negotiated. This had been suggested prior to the referendum.

Apparently that's not democratic.
In reality it's the most democratic way of doing it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This was the reason for suggesting a second confirmatory vote after we all knew what had been negotiated. This had been suggested prior to the referendum.

Apparently that's not democratic.
In reality it's the most democratic way of doing it.

Yes that was Moggy's idea, you can't have too much democracy.

Speaking Jacob "I'd vote for Trump if I was American" Mogg, he's gone awfully quiet this week. As have most of the other crypto-fascists on that wing of the Tories...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Speaking Jacob "I'd vote for Trump if I was American" Mogg, he's gone awfully quiet this week. As have most of the other crypto-fascists on that wing of the Tories...
Raab has been a little bit shy recently as well.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

JRM has previous for putting his foot in it, he usually scuttles off into hiding for a while. it is incredible how these prominent politicians get these things so epically wrong when the very essence of their being is, or should be their integrity and judgement.

And lest we forget all the big names who sucked up to Trump are also ALL big exponents of Brexit

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Scotland and Northern Ireland bearing the brunt of reality at the moment, as they knew they would.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-55584500

While attention has been on infection control and the Channel, it's Northern Ireland which is perhaps the most astonishing and far-reaching aspect of Brexit. So far. Its treatment suggests that it is now English nationalism that will determine whether the UK remains united.

Didn't see that coming?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here