Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Northern Ireland has a brilliant deal - in effect staying in the single market - and its citizens can still get Irish EU passports.

And kids, if you want to study in Europe you can have Erasmus too.

Little wonder Gove said people in NI have best of both worlds versus GB that gets the best of.....eh best of GB for an extra 200 billion quid and still counting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Northern Ireland has a brilliant deal - in effect staying in the single market - and its citizens can still get Irish EU passports.

In that respect they do, but buy anything from the mainland, like from Debenhams and it's at least £30 dearer.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
In that respect they do, but buy anything from the mainland, like from Debenhams and it's at least £30 dearer.

They need to be convinced the worst of all worlds is the way to go. increase in prices and trade barriers is only part of the deal, got to go the whole hog and give up all the other rights and freedoms to be in full Brexit mode. What fools they are. I seem to recall Raab selling being in the single market as a win to the Northen Irish, or did I dream that?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Scotland's fishermen halt EU exports amidst post-Brexit 'catastrophe'

https://www.cityam.com/scotlands-fisherman-halt-exports-amidst-post-brexit-catastrophe/

“Our customers are pulling out,” Santiago Buesa of SB Fish told Reuters. “We are fresh product and the customers expect to have it fresh, so they’re not buying. It’s a catastrophe.”

Once you lose a customer they find another supplier, getting business back is not a given. No time to look for new markets, people will lose their shirts in weeks, time for help from the government that created this skip fire...

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Arlene Foster doesn't think so. The old hag is squealing about the Northern Ireland protocol and all that goes with it. Pre and Post referendum, Northern Ireland was flagged up as a near impossible conundrum to sort without breaching the GFA. Her band of bigots campaigned for Brexit despite it clearly not being in the best interests of Northern Ireland. The referendum proved their thinking was in the minority. NI is now a de facto member of the EU which entails customs controls for goods coming across the Irish Sea. Foster and her mobsters have enhanced the case for Irish unity more than Sinn Fein ever possibly could. In 100 years time, there might even be a statue of Arlene in Dublin

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

https://www.cityam.com/scotlands-fisherman-halt-exports-amidst-post-brexit-catastrophe/

“Our customers are pulling out,” Santiago Buesa of SB Fish told Reuters. “We are fresh product and the customers expect to have it fresh, so they’re not buying. It’s a catastrophe.”

Once you lose a customer they find another supplier, getting business back is not a given. No time to look for new markets, people will lose their shirts in weeks, time for help from the government that created this skip fire...

The permanent long term damage is now underway on all sorts of fronts

London unlikely to regain lost EU share trading, warn City figures

The first day of trading in the city outside the EU’s single market triggered a major shift from London, where euro-denominated stocks are normally traded, to new locations in Amsterdam and Paris. This has changed overnight for investors and banks who were free to trade across borders using the UK’s EU member states.

“It was an amazing own goal for the UK, and this is just the beginning,” said Gianluca Minieri, deputy global trading director for fund manager Amundi. “More quantities are better prices for investors. He added that he would move to a place where he could get liquidity.

As investors became accustomed to the new regime, they traded in the EU on Monday, and on Tuesday at similar value, about 6 billion euros of stock, usually replaced in the city, were traded. That’s about half the amount of business that London banks and brokers typically process.

https://californianewstimes.com/london-unlikely-to-regain-lost-eu-share-trading-warn-city-figures/113624/

It appears that not only did the vast majority of Brexit voters have no idea what they were voting for, the Brexit Government they elected had no idea what they were negotiating. Once it's gone it isn't coming back :facepalm:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ffs Sydney. I pop in for some brexit illwill and here you are posting easily debunked conspiracy theories about the Trump mob, with a 'believe what you will'. Do you ever go in search of some evidence? I saw that hand tattoo nonsense. The tattoo image was from a game, quickly pointed out all over social media. How did you miss all this?

i think the over riding fact is that America is a basket case , something i put forward back in May .........you have done your best to point out that you know better in such things , when i say "it's widely reported" and " believe what you will" then i am merely pointing it out to those whose grasp of current affairs may be inferior to yours .......norbert had already pointed out that this was not the approved thread for such discussion so i was going to take my leave . Brexit , covid , BLM , what next i wonder in this world that seems to have gone to the shithouse in the last 5 years ......i wonder why that could be .(rhetorical no qm required)

lets not worry about china invading the northern parts of India , buying large parts of PNG to build "fish processing plants" , fish that will be caught in Australian waters , buying Islands on the East coast of Australia and removing all the locals , revoking leases , digging up roads and demolishing warfs as part of the belt and road project ....in the whitsundays ffs. yes , yes . yes , brexit , trump and covid have been the catnip for the masses , watch this space .

Last edited:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008

i only eat fish fingers and they are frozen so nothing to worry about my mum lets me dip them in ketchup to so move along remoaner

Regards

DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The permanent long term damage is now underway on all sorts of fronts

London unlikely to regain lost EU share trading, warn City figures

The first day of trading in the city outside the EU’s single market triggered a major shift from London, where euro-denominated stocks are normally traded, to new locations in Amsterdam and Paris. This has changed overnight for investors and banks who were free to trade across borders using the UK’s EU member states.

“It was an amazing own goal for the UK, and this is just the beginning,” said Gianluca Minieri, deputy global trading director for fund manager Amundi. “More quantities are better prices for investors. He added that he would move to a place where he could get liquidity.

As investors became accustomed to the new regime, they traded in the EU on Monday, and on Tuesday at similar value, about 6 billion euros of stock, usually replaced in the city, were traded. That’s about half the amount of business that London banks and brokers typically process.

https://californianewstimes.com/london-unlikely-to-regain-lost-eu-share-trading-warn-city-figures/113624/

It appears that not only did the vast majority of Brexit voters have no idea what they were voting for, the Brexit Government they elected had no idea what they were negotiating. Once it's gone it isn't coming back :facepalm:

I trust in the likely absence of government help Brexit voters will be setting up a Brexit Hardship Fund to all the people they have screwed over

I nominate Ppf, Pasta and JCFG/POTG to be the trustees, they are well positioned to access victims...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I trust in the likely absence of government help Brexit voters will be setting up a Brexit Hardship Fund to all these people they have screwed over

Ppf, Pasta and JCFG/POTG to be the trustees?

The idea of the trust is a good one, if somewhat ambitious (can you imagine how many have already been, and will be screwed over, before we see Jacob Rees-Mogg's benefits in 50 years time).

But I have to say I'm seriously disappointed with your suggestion of trustees. I don't think you really appreciate the amount of time and effort that your suggested trustees selflessly devote to NSC under their various guises. And what on earth would happen if they actually found a job that they had to turn up for for a few hours a week :eek:

Besides which, you just know that with their luck, they'll have screwed themselves over and be making claims on the trust themselves (if they haven't already) :facepalm:

I'm sorry but I have to say I think these would be very poor suggestions for any position of responsibility in any situation :down:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Looks like the EU have realised that the UK are not actually capable of doing what Johnson's Government has negotiated and are doing all they can to help us out of the hole we've dug

Customs rules relaxed amid post-Brexit backlog

Irish customs authorities are temporarily relaxing regulations around goods moving from Great Britain, as traders face backlogs due to border controls and paperwork. Revenue Commissioners made the decision to lift some customs rules in response to delays and trucks being refused entry on to ferries.

Exporters shipping goods to Ireland have to complete post-Brexit paperwork, which is causing administrative pressure for companies.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/customs-rules-relaxed-amid-post-brexit-backlog-39947074.html

Taking back control ? Makes you proud to be British :facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like the EU have realised that the UK are not actually capable of doing what Johnson's Government has negotiated and are doing all they can to help us out of the hole we've dug

Customs rules relaxed amid post-Brexit backlog

Irish customs authorities are temporarily relaxing regulations around goods moving from Great Britain, as traders face backlogs due to border controls and paperwork. Revenue Commissioners made the decision to lift some customs rules in response to delays and trucks being refused entry on to ferries.

Exporters shipping goods to Ireland have to complete post-Brexit paperwork, which is causing administrative pressure for companies.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/customs-rules-relaxed-amid-post-brexit-backlog-39947074.html

Taking back control ? Makes you proud to be British :facepalm:

Pretty generous of the Irish to bail us out, it wasn't long ago Priti P was threatening to starve them.

Wonder if we'll need similar favours from the French or are we still going to Gunboat route?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Pretty generous of the Irish to bail us out, it wasn't long ago Priti P was threatening to starve them.

Wonder if we'll need similar favours from the French or are we still going to Gunboat route?

an amount of self interest too for the Irish, which i doubt the French need to extend us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My fishermen friends the West Country are having a nice time. Their glittering Brexit prize is , to quote, a “brick wall of bureaucracy” which is costing them money and leaving huge amounts of fish rotting on the quay side.

Idiots.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I need to check in with my trucker friends as well to see how they are getting on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here