[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Fairy and Mouldy trying to communicate with each other today is like listening to a couple of special needs kids in a primary school playground.
Both as thick as pig shit.

What do you have against special needs kids Chopper?

You really are the lowest of the low.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan 30, 2008
It appears that what I posted 2 days ago is out of date. We've since backtracked and the situation has got worse in the last few hours :shootself

Britain backtracks over Brexit curbs on cross-border swaps trading

Britain’s markets watchdog intervened hours before the country leave’s the European Union’s single market on Thursday with a partial climbdown on curbs that risked disrupting swaps trades worth billions of euros. It means that more swaps trading is likely to leave London for EU-based platforms such as Tradeweb from Monday.

Britain has urged Brussels to grant full two-way market access, known as “equivalence”, for swaps trading but the bloc says it wants information from Britain about its intentions to diverge from EU rules before it can make a decision.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-swaps/britain-backtracks-over-brexit-curbs-on-cross-border-swaps-trading-idUSKBN2950WZ

I wonder whether the EU are still open to letting us have a few more Mackerel. I'm just relieved that we knew what we were voting for :lolol:

Happy New Year :bigwave:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2AxpVgEdQ_cplyHpSct9JT&cshid=1609446412851
Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It boggles the mind doesn’t it.
Firstly why would you believe some spurious conclusion that someone, probably on twitter, has told you to believe (conclusion being the operative word)
Secondly why would you want to be in a club anyway whose commission would push for such hostile acts of forcing European firms to stop selling us power or ground flights out of spite, remembering flights need to flow in two directions and economies have many vested interests surrounding air travel.
Cant believe a select few on here virtually hero worship this sort of logic.

You don't feel your first point contradicts the second?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I was wondering whether I should try and explain it to you but to be honest, I don't think at my age, I have sufficient time left.

But I have to say, that's very honest of you, to come out and admit (albeit rather belatedly) that not only did you have no idea, but couldn't give a f*** what you voted for. I think most people who have read this thread had come to that conclusion long ago, but for you to come to that realisation must be a relief :wink:

1/10 [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In two minutes time I'll still be a European. Beyond that, what will be will be. There's more important things to worry about.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So lets see. The EU have secured a trade deal where we are massive net importers, we haven’t landed a services deal where we are massive exporters. Not too many shouting about that but today its over to Boris to show us the brexit dividend and also to show that we really are independent of others....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
EUsm5kbWsAAu4Sx.jpg

Who is going to start "The BREJOIN thread"?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So will I. Fortunately though not subject to the EU commision.

True. I’ve disagreed with you and others over many years on whether this had merit but i get the sovereignty thing and its gone your way following lots of debate. Lets hope we can unite as a country. Best wishes for 2021

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Genuinely as a Remain voter, it’s a remarkable achievement by the Brexit people and politicians of England and Wales. Up against the vast majority of Tory and Labour MP’s as at 2015, Berkow, all LibDems, most newspaper columnists, think tanks and the chattering classes.

I’ve witnessed 4 plus years of SkyNews and BBCNews24 where they go through the papers, where the guest duo commenting always seem bitter and sneering towards Brexiteers. Invariably from London or Manchester middle class bubbles.

It’s no time for spite and secretly hoping that the UK fails. I hope this is a success over time and that the EU thrives too. My instinct is there’ll be increasing integration with the EU eg on security. Time for politicians including the winning side, to cut the Trump-like nationalistic noise.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Only another 30 minutes before my children will be stopped from studying, working, living, retiring and being cared for as of right across the most varied and fascinating continent on earth. It's so exciting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports