Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It rather sounds like it's more of the same in many ways...

Page 6 of the agreement pre-amble setting out the terms...

'BELIEVING in the benefits of a predictable commercial environment that fosters trade and investment
between them and prevents distortion of trade and unfair competitive advantages, in a manner
conducive to sustainable development in its economic, social and environmental dimensions,

RECOGNISING the need for an ambitious, wide-ranging and balanced economic partnership to be
underpinned by a level playing field for open and fair competition and sustainable development,
through effective and robust frameworks for subsidies and competition and a commitment to uphold
their respective high levels of protection in the areas of labour and social standards, environment, the
fight against climate change, and taxation

Suggest you start reading.

Suggest you don't selectively quote a few sections if you think it's just more of the same ... where's the bit about the ECJ interpreting and ruling on who has breached the agreement?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Suggest you don't selectively quote a few sections if you think it's just more of the same ... where's the bit about the ECJ interpreting and ruling on who has breached the agreement?

That appears to be going to a form of arbitration. Which is still an independent judgement. The ECJ was never anti.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Irish government to fund Erasmus for UK nationals, ie students for Northern Ireland

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/1226/1186524-erasmus-northern-ireland/

Its not a good look at all for an English centric government. Brexit may be all but done shortly but the next phase will be the very existence of our Union of nations

I read not so long ago that many previous " Unionists " are starting to see that the future looks better with closer bonds to Eire than with the rest of the UK. We already know the Scots want out and we can't blame them but, NI shares lots of regulatory alignment with Eire giving it easier access to the EU as a whole. Could be a boom time for NI and as the old prejudices start to fade in to memory I can see NI wanting to fully join with Eire.

Still, Sovereignty eh ? We demanded it for ourselves when we already had it yet deny it for the rest of the UK ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I read not so long ago that many previous " Unionists " are starting to see that the future looks better with closer bonds to Eire than with the rest of the UK. We already know the Scots want out and we can't blame them but, NI shares lots of regulatory alignment with Eire giving it easier access to the EU as a whole. Could be a boom time for NI and as the old prejudices start to fade in to memory I can see NI wanting to fully join with Eire.

Still, Sovereignty eh ? We demanded it for ourselves when we already had it yet deny it for the rest of the UK ?

The irony of leaving one Union to weaken and ultimately destroy your own. My fear is the scenes of all those Brexiters waving their Union flags on 31st January will age very very badly

And how many of those fish they wasted so much time on are in Scottish waters?

As for Ireland there the younger more progressive generation care less about the religious stuff, being close to Europe and opportunities it creates will be a higher priority. Freedom movement to 2 countries or 30?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Interesting that at least one person on this thread voted Remain acccording to one of their accounts and Leave according to the other.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interesting that at least one person on this thread voted Remain acccording to one of their accounts and Leave according to the other.

Sometimes I wish I was a Mod !, Would be SO much fun looking in to all the dual accounts.... :ohmy:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Not as good as [MENTION=17103]Mo Gosfield[/MENTION] who said he voted Leave at the time of the referendum, and then a couple of months ago, tried to claimed he didn't ON THE SAME ACCOUNT :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

I did wonder where you got your cliches. Alex is one of my favourite comedians :lolol:

Please believe me when I say I really don't get them from him, maybe he gets them from me???

I am not an avid fan of his at all but he does actually reality check situations and that's all I ever try to do on here because of the skew of NSC. Am I trying to be popular.....no................ am i trying to be hated.........no.

Do i try to get to the point without a ban ...........yes.

Why beat about the bush???

99.99% of the posters I would have a beer with, not sure if that would be reversed though???

Are you partially to a ginger McNob then.:lolol:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
When Brexiters knew Exactly what they voted for was this part of it?

EqUK1BMXYAAohhx.jpeg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How can mods tell?

Access to the e-mail accounts, passwords and post history of members I should think, the Mods must have access to everything personal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here